• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Paolo Di Canio fights with his own player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary25

Well-Known
Anyone hear about this or see it? Just been on Sky Sports News :laugh: :laugh:

His team are beaten 3-1 at home to Southampton and at the final whistle he has a go at one of his players and appears to challenge him to a fight...it continues down the tunnel and a bit of pushing and shoving follows before they're separated by Club officials.

haha, he's a lunatic Di Canio.

Doesn't seem like he's up to much as a manager either, think they've lost the last five or something now.

Yeah i hate the cunt and its laughable that he is in that job. He wont last another 3 months.

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=46688.msg1391902#msg1391902 date=1314821898]
Di Canio was right, the player was acting the right cunt.
[/quote]Yeah, so have a punch up with him on the pitch. Thats professional.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46688.msg1391940#msg1391940 date=1314823008]
[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=46688.msg1391902#msg1391902 date=1314821898]
[/quote]

Haha quite. It's alright though cos Di Canio's a "great character" isn't he ::)

[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=46688.msg1391948#msg1391948 date=1314823145]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46688.msg1391940#msg1391940 date=1314823008]
[/quote]

Haha quite. It's alright though cos Di Canio's a "great character" isn't he ::)
[/quote]He's a fucking pleb. The way he had matey round the neck, i would have torn the fucker in half.

The only reason people think he's a character is the incident with Barthez and the goal he didnt score; but he's always shown that he could be a nasty little shit when he wanted to be.

I quite like Paolo.

Not sure why, but I just do. Its unusual for me to like his ilk but I do. Chastise away.

Paolo di Canio has sparked uproar by telling his Swindon players to dive to win penalties.

Di Canio says he will not punish anyone for play-acting against Hereford after being denied a spot-kick in last week’s 2-0 defeat at Macclesfield.

He said: “From now on, I will bring in a different culture. My team are the only ones who do not dive somewhere around the field.

"I’d prefer that they risk getting a yellow card for simulation. It’s not fair, but it’s the only way to receive something.

"You can’t stay on your feet just because you want to be honest.”

Hereford are second from bottom and have conceded 21 goals in their 11 games.

But Di Canio has warned his players not to take Jamie Pitman’s side lightly.

He added: “I think that it will be a very tough game.”

[quote author=dogboy link=topic=46688.msg1391845#msg1391845 date=1314819672]
He's a hateful wee facist fucker.
[/quote]

This.

He can get fucked. Nazi asshole.

[quote author=Holle link=topic=46688.msg1410274#msg1410274 date=1318164837]
[/quote]

This.

[/quote]
Don't want to get all political but isn't that two different political ideologies?

[quote author=Holle link=topic=46688.msg1410274#msg1410274 date=1318164837]
[/quote]

This.

[/quote]joins the sub group

Lovely guy.

0,1020,424124,00.jpg

[quote author=Holle link=topic=46688.msg1410294#msg1410294 date=1318166367]
Lovely guy.

0,1020,424124,00.jpg

[/quote]

This was to his own fans and was well recieved by them.

*shameless plug time

http://3down3up.com/issue/october-2011/article/paolo-di-canio

By Paul Gorst

Long time watchers of the English Premier League will remember Paolo di Canio as a man of sharp contrasts. A supremely talented footballer, who never strayed too far from controversy, Di Canio was capable of the sublime and the scandalous. He was one of the true characters of British football in the late 90’s and early new millennium.

His well-travelled career spanned 527 league games; he had spells in Italy with Juventus, AC Milan, Napoli, Lazio, Ternana and Cisco Roma. In England Di Canio turned out for; Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton Athletic and West Ham United and he also enjoyed time at Celtic in Scotland.

He retired in 2008 and was recently appointed manager of Swindon Town in League Two. His managerial career is in its infancy, but if it matches his playing career, Swindon fans will be in for a rollercoaster-like turn of events.

In September 1998 the Italian reacted with a mix of passion and anger to being sent off for Sheffield Wednesday when playing against Arsenal and pushed referee Paul Alcock to the ground. The contact was minimal and to view it 13-years on, the incident almost looks comical, but it sparked a national debate and widespread outrage and earned Di Canio a hefty 11-match ban and a £10,000 fine.

In the aftermath of the incident, he was quoted as saying: ‘I gave him a shove, but it was hardly done with much force.

‘He took three or four sideways steps before falling over in rather a strange way - like someone diving to win a penalty.’

Di Canio also clashed with his former West Ham manager Glenn Roeder in 2003 after a draw with West Bromwich Albion, accusing him of making excuses and openly criticising his tactics.

‘The manager said he thought I was injured. But that is just an excuse because I wasn't injured at all. I was fit and causing problems for West Brom.'

‘Our second-half tactics were bad and we were very fortunate not to have lost. Intelligent people will look at the result and not be fooled.’

Controversy followed the native Roman back to Italy and he was forced to defend himself against allegations of racism after a straight arm salute to his own fans when playing for Lazio in 2005. ‘The salute is aimed at my people. With the straight arm I don't want to incite violence and certainly not racial hatred,’ he maintained. ‘I am a fascist, not a racist.’ He added.

Despite all the disputes that surrounded the Italian, many fans prefer to remember the skills he brought to the teams he played for. Mention his name and most fans will instantly remember the goal of the season for West Ham at Wimbledon in 1999. It was as ingenious as it was audacious, as outrageous as it was phenomenal. To picture the goal is to envision images that are ingrained in Premier League folklore.

Collecting a long, diagonal pass from Trevor Sinclair, Di Canio, standing on the left side of the penalty area, met the cross with a sensational swipe with the outside of his right foot that fizzed past Wimbledon goalkeeper Neil Sullivan into the far corner. Both feet were off the ground when he made contact with the ball. It was truly spectacular. It was undoubtedly the finest goal of all his 138.

In management, his first few tentative steps have already mirrored his brilliantly colourful playing career. An emphatic opening day win saw Swindon see off Crewe Alexandra 3-0 at home, which was then followed up by three straight defeats. A 2-0 defeat to Burton Albion has been sandwiched in between 3-0 and 4-0 victories over Crawley Town and Barnet respectively since. The team's performance has been inconsistent but it is early days with as many as 13 new signings trying to bed-in to a new look squad.

Proof that the fiery temper still burns in the passionate Italian was found in the 3-1 defeat at Southampton in the League Cup at the beginning of September. A touchline flare-up with Leon Clarke, who had only been at the club 11 days, led to Di Canio to state: ‘Fortunately, he's out now even if he's under contract. He's never going to play with my team, never.'

‘He doesn’t deserve to wear the Swindon Town shirt in front of the fans.’

The very public spat led to Clarke being loaned out to Chesterfield for an unprecedented two years. Less than two weeks later, he was involved in more verbal jousting, this time with Crawley Town manager Steve Evans. As Evans branded Swindon ‘the Di Canio’ circus, the Italian responded in withering fashion.

‘I've played in front of mafia people. People like him make me laugh, I laugh in the face of them. I laughed in the face of 70,000 Man Utd fans when I scored, you could imagine what it would be like if I was worried by the words of him who I've never heard of before.'

'I’ve never heard his name. I am happy for him if he has one line in the national newspaper.’

Paolo di Canio was one of the biggest characters in British football during his playing career. The Football League is a far brighter place with him in it. His mere presence in the dug-out gives a splash of glamour to League Two and we can only hope it is more than just a fleeting visit to these shores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom