• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Parting Shot from Benitez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
If it's really her, good on her.

968905_534757776581890_779078876_n.jpg

little surprised by this move . Are napoli going to be major players in italy and europe over the next few season ? I'd be surprised if he sees out his 2 yr contract .

I wanted him to fail big time at chelsea, but I hope he does well at napoli. But with them about to lose cavani he has a tough job on his hands.

Both Inter and Milan are undergoing rebuilding. Fiorentina seems to be the other club on the up. Udinese with their frequent sales of top players make it difficult for them to grow into a major force. Roma have been crying for stability in both boardroom and coaching capacity. Lazio aren't in the same league financially as the abovementioned and have a coach who has done well in his 1st full season at the club. Think he has a point to prove in Italian football too. While they might not be able to wrestle the title away from Juventus within this 2 years of his contract, constant CL qualification, decent title challenge and good cup run will be considered job well done already - which is well within his means.

As studsup mentioned, the President backs his manager and Walter Mazzarri was the longest-serving manager in Serie A, having been with Napoli since 2009. After his short terms spells here and there, its time to settle down.

If he replaces Cavani successfully then they could be in for a good season.
Think they've been playing 3-5-2, which I'm guessing Rafa wont continue doing. Will be interesting to see.

I bet Dossena is happy..

Good move for Rafa, Italian league is competitive but Napoli finish second so no reason why they can't challenge Juve hard. None of the clubs are owned by sugar daddys or arab owners looking to make a name, personally think this a really good move for him and should show if he progress his career.

It'll be interesting to see who he signs now that he's been given a proper remit to manage at another club.

Replacing Cavani will be a big challenge.

Big test for him - and I very much doubt Montse and the girls are happy about him taking another job in Italy, which may turn out to be as big a problem for him as anything specifically football-related. I wish him well though.

Benitez certainly doesn't shrink from a challenge does he?.

Mind you, signing a 2 year contract means it's doubtful he'll move his family.

Sure Benitez will get the exact same results as the guy before him.... Unless they reduce the wage bill, in which case they'll clearly be a lesser team.

However, it wouldn't be his fault then, because as a manager he wouldn't have any influence on much anyway.

Gokhan Inler reveals why he’s pleased Rafa Benitez is the new Napoli Coach. “He already wanted me at Liverpool.”

The Swiss international midfielder spoke to Blick newspaper in his homeland about the changes.

“Benitez already wanted me at Liverpool,” revealed the 28-year-old.

It had been reported Inler would like to follow ex-Napoli boss Walter Mazzarri to Inter.

“I am not going to Inter, despite what has been written about me, as I’m not thinking about any transfer.

“I have a contract with Napoli that I intend to respect and I want to continue playing there.”

Former Liverpool and Chelsea boss set to spend big at new club.

New Napoli manager Rafael Benitez is set for a summer spending spree at new club Napoli, as he aims to bring in five players he has worked with at his previous clubs.

According to Il Mattino, the players on his list are Liverpool trio Lucas Leiva, Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel, Chelsea midfielder Ramires, and Barcelona’s Javier Mascherano, who played under Benitez at Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom