• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PEPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might not track back but he has incredible pressing stats which is more in Klopp's vision of a defensive contribution from an attacker. Still can't see us doing it, even though we should be all in on this.

Trust in Edwards and the data nerds.

Fair analysis from a manc supporting Londoner

Just thought there is a chance Pepe could play as a number 9. Firm a 10 with the MF being rotated heavily

Last edited:
I think Fabinho proved nobody knows anything anymore, unless the other club or the player's agent are releasing info.

It doesn't prove that at all.

All it proves is that some transfers are done quickly and quietly with minimum "noise" and rumours. Like Fabinho
And lots aren't. Like Van Dijk/ Mane/ Wijnaldum/ Allison and God knows how many others.

Completely ridiculous. The Firm is NEVER correct. Pepe is not joining us. He's replacing Arjen Robben at Bayern. His favorite English club is Chelsea, who do need him. He will not join another English club. We are not signing another African player. Anyway we don't need him, and we have no space for him. He doesn't track back and we are not spending 80 m on a 25yo backup and fuck I hope this anti-jinx shit works.

It won't work because it's nearly all true

Yer man Bouhafsi sez it isn't advanced. Just chill guys. I'm not hitching to the campsite until next week.

70M ? - I hope the French are not tricking us.

We really do need a trickster - don't matter where he plays, don't care as long as he stays injury free, I have doubts about Nabi's fitness and injury record, and as for Ox, we all know what can happen to him.

Honestly, these papers know nothing. They are recycling that Echo news. We may not be pursuing him, but just as we shouldn't get too excited when we're linked by a rag, neither should we discount a player when it is reported.

Papers reporting today, we were never interested in him
We also weren't buying a keeper two days before we bought Allison.

We do business much more sensibly now than we used to.

Whilst I have no expectations that we'll spend massively to really bolster the squad whilst in such a strong buying position (my ideal scenario), we will buy a couple of quality players this summer, the number of outgoings makes that almost inevitable.

Papers reporting today, we were never interested in him
Ah...really ? then there must be another Pepe out there somewhere.

Look fuck it if the club are just focussed on getting replacements that do not involve getting a trickster/dynamo for midfield then I guess we will continue to get frustrated by cunt teams that defend deep, or we dont dare go forward with enough numbers for fear of losing. Everyone keeps talking about 97 points etc...well leagues evolve and times change, we just happened to catch up faster along with Man City. Maybe this is the new norm when most of your best players are fit.

We also weren't buying a keeper two days before we bought Allison.

We do business much more sensibly now than we used to.

Whilst I have no expectations that we'll spend massively to really bolster the squad whilst in such a strong buying position (my ideal scenario), we will buy a couple of quality players this summer, the number of outgoings makes that almost inevitable.

I mentioned this the other day, although we were clearly interested in both Alisson and VVD the transfers both came out of nowhere when they actually happened to a degree. A lot of the press clearly were not in the loop. I was shocked when VVD got announced when it did.

I think the Echo will just do what they are told.

I just don't see us splashing big money this summer. I reckon Klopp will be a bit stubborn about it especially having splurged big last summer. I expect a back up keeper and a back up LB. If we're lucky, we'll see like a 25 million young attacker.

I just don't see us splashing big money this summer. I reckon Klopp will be a bit stubborn about it especially having splurged big last summer. I expect a back up keeper and a back up LB. If we're lucky, we'll see like a 25 million young attacker.
That isn't what Henry said though. If we are to take him at his word whilst emotions are still high after winning the CL !

That isn't what Henry said though. If we are to take him at his word whilst emotions are still high after winning the CL !

He said he thought the team was already strong but they'd pursue worthy targets basically. Im sure klopp agrees with that. What's clear about klopp is that he will wait if it's not attractive enough.

I think we need an AM. We have suffered from lack of creativity for much of the season; some of it was mitigated by the switch to 4-2-3-1 to accommodate Shaqiri, but a quality AM that can also defend will make our main system stronger. Hendo has been good in this role, but for most PL games a midfielder with more goal output would be preferable, Keita is better playing from deep.

Ox is the one player currently on our books perfectly encapsulating what we need from the AM role, but we should have more than one to go through the season, especially given his injury history. A good thing about a quality AM is that they can seamlessly step into covering for the front 3 roles; Ox has played on both wings for Klopp and I think someone like Havertz and Van De Beek could cover for Bobby too. Quality and versatility over quantity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom