• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PL Games 11th - 14th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

And it was Salisbury again*. That guy needs to be removed from officiating.

*In April, Salisbury was stood down for a game after he did not intervene to award Brighton a penalty in a defeat at Tottenham while also acting as the VAR.

And it was Salisbury again*. That guy needs to be removed from officiating.

*In April, Salisbury was stood down for a game after he did not intervene to award Brighton a penalty in a defeat at Tottenham while also acting as the VAR.

Insane that the "best league" in World football still has the worst referees.

...who are now led by someone who managed to book the same player three times without sending him off. In a World Cup Final.

One of the pundits over here commented that 6 players have suffered ACL injuries at the start of the season. All of them were on tour in the US.

Fucking cunts.

& on the subject of refs/VAR....guess who we have for this weekend?

Taylor as 4th official and Tierney on VAR along with the guy that assaulted Robbo.

I think they should implement a "coaches challenge" like they have in the NHL . Whenever there's a bad call and VAR are looking at it, like in this case with Wolves, the manager has the right to ask the ref to look at it. One challenge per half or something like that.

Last edited:
I think they should implement a "coaches challenge" like they have in the NHL . Whenever there's a bad call and VAR are looking at it, like in this case with Wolves. The manager has the right to ask the ref to look at it. One challenge per half or something like that.
As good as that sounds in theory you know refs will back each other up. So if VAR hasn't deemed the error to be big enough to refer the match ref to review it on the screen then I doubt the ref would overturn his original decision on a managers call.
Doing so would call into question his original decision and also his fellow officials decision not to ask to have it reviewed.

As good as that sounds in theory you know refs will back each other up. So if VAR hasn't deemed the error to be big enough to refer the match ref to review it on the screen then I doubt the ref would overturn his original decision on a managers call.
Doing so would call into question his original decision and also his fellow officials decision not to ask to have it reviewed.
They should remove VAR looking at anything such as penalty claims / sending offs unless the ref has missed it altogether? And stick to the simple checks (such as offsides).

The ref however should be obligated to check the screen himself for serious penalty appeals - made by the managers perhaps. 1 per half but not counted if an appeal is correct. Hasn't rugby implemented manager appeals?

Are they so uptight?!
NHL refs seems to be fine with it

Are they so uptight?!
NHL refs seems to be fine with it
The evidence so far suggests they are, as VAR seems to be quite reluctant to overrule on field decisions.
As I said, in theory its a great idea but I suspect in reality little would change

ryan-babel-i-didnt-watch-the-game-but-apparently-howard-v0-1m8p7z4cn6ib1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom