• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Player of the season

Who is LFC 2023-24 Player of the Season

• Total voters

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
FYI top 10 by minutes played:

Van Dijk
Diaz
Macca
Gomez
Nunez
Salah
Gakpo
Alisson
Szoboszlai
Elliott

1) VVD
2) Mac
3) Quansah

Pretty straight forward for me.

Honorable mentions to Elliott and Gomez for third, but I think Quansah coming from fucking nowhere and playing his way to starting ahead of Matip and Konate is the more impressive act.

There should be a separate category for most improved player - will be tough to choose between Quansah, Elliott and Gomez. Oh, Kelleher too.

Toss up between Virg and Ali......voted Virg as he's been Mr consistent and besides the games suspension he's virtually played every minute of every game. Ali since his injury hasn't been at his best and didn't cover himself in glory in the games against Arsenal/City.

Shout out to Endo as well.

For me Conor Bradley has been an outstanding addison to the team in defence, and in attack. He has to be the one thing that has really shone this season

There’s still two games to go.

Not sure who will overtake Virgil in that time. But still wait a few weeks.

Mac Alistar for me - I think he’s been excellent in numerous roles.

Virgil has been good, but he’s had better seasons.

Alisson has been good but missed a few more than games to injury to make him the stand out player of the season.

Young player of the year - Harvey.

Quansah also very good and Bradley would have been more in running if it hadn’t been for injuries.

It's VVD by miles. MacAllister didn't even have a position before Xmas, no-one knew what to do with him. He's been excellent since but not VVD season level.

It's VVD by miles. MacAllister didn't even have a position before Xmas, no-one knew what to do with him. He's been excellent since but not VVD season level.

I don’t think he was bad before Christmas at all - just a different role and I thought he played well in it, doing a lot of the unsung midfield heavy lifting.

Endo for me. Once he was up to speed, he was undroppable. Has faded late like many, but very consistent and a glue for the rest of the team. At least top 3 and should be in the list.

When can we do the hotly contested “most Disappointing Player of the Season”?

There’s still two games to go.

Not sure who will overtake Virgil in that time. But still wait a few weeks.
Nah, there is almost nothing anyone can do in the last 2 games to change the outcome. If Nunez scores 2 hat-tricks he won’t win player of the season, people will just say where has this been when it mattered.

For me Van Dijk is the clear winner, magnificent for most of the season. I thought Trent was actually very good for the most part, but just didn’t play enough minutes. Shout out to Elliott who was a bright spark all season.

Considering Alexis was a shout for the leagues player of the year I’m surprised he’s not everyone’s LFC player of the year.

Obviously it’s Salah for me. Mr. Consistency.

Considering Alexis was a shout for the leagues player of the year I’m surprised he’s not everyone’s LFC player of the year.

Obviously it’s Salah for me. Mr. Consistency.
Mac was a shout for what? Where did you see that, in one of IndyKaila’s tweets?

He didn’t get going until November time when Endo was partnered alongside him, looked good then picked up an injury and missed a month, looked very good for the next 3 months and since the Palace game has gone off the boil.

As for Salah being Mr Consistency goes, you’re right. He has. Besides the Spurs game he’s been consistent…..ly shit since he’s come back from Afcon.

Mac was a shout for what? Where did you see that, in one of IndyKaila’s tweets?

He didn’t get going until November time when Endo was partnered alongside him, looked good then picked up an injury and missed a month, looked very good for the next 3 months and since the Palace game has gone off the boil.

As for Salah being Mr Consistency goes, you’re right. He has. Besides the Spurs game he’s been consistent…..ly shit since he’s come back from Afcon.
A lot of people have been giving him a shout. And rightly. At least amongst the finalists. Probably lost it over the past month though.

A lot of people have been giving him a shout. And rightly. At least amongst the finalists. Probably lost it over the past month though.
Mental. Unless your finalists is made up of 50 players.

I'm not even sure he's been better than Conor Gallagher or Pascal Gross tbh, that's even before you get to the likes of Paqueta/Guimares/Luiz and even even before the likes of Rodri and Rice.

Last edited:
Mental. Unless your finalists is made up of 50 players.

I'm not even sure he's been better than Conor Gallagher or Pascal Gross tbh, that's even before you get to the likes of Paqueta/Guimares/Luiz and even even before the likes of Rodri and Rice.
Bloody hell - have you been puking your guts up with your head stuck down a toilet for most of the season?!

He's had a few bad games that have lost him the chance but (because there's almost no other easily accessible rating system) he's still at 7.05 on Who's Scored. The highest season rating is ca. 7.50. As far as we are concerned he had defensive stats as good as Endo's so considering that he was playing out of position he did amazingly well.

Last edited:
VVD? come on now...

There is no way a mainstay in defence, a defence which concedes the first goal ALL THE TIME like it's a given, should be considered for the POTY.

The player that most often drags us back to get 3 points after our early charity show should be the POTY.

And that would be Macca.

Its Mac Allister. If Van Dijk were half the captain Hendo was, we would have won the league. He wasn't.

Bloody hell - have you been puking your guts up with your head stuck down a toilet for most of the season?!

He's had a few bad games that have lost him the chance but (because there's almost no other easily accessible rating system) he's still at 7.05 on Who's Scored. The highest season rating is ca. 7.50. As far as we are concerned he had defensive stats as good as Endo's so considering that he was playing out of position he did amazingly well.

Oh his head’s been somewhere all right… not down a toilet, but it does require a degree of contortion to stick it where it’s been.

There should be a separate category for most improved player - will be tough to choose between Quansah, Elliott and Gomez. Oh, Kelleher too.

Gomez gets that award if I'm picking the winner. Elliott and Quansah have come on a ton and I like them both, and Kevin stood up well to stepping into the no.1 slot for a spell, but Gomez has gone from being a player whom most of us would cheerfully have sold to being an all-rounder of sufficient quality to get back in the England squad.

Back
Top Bottom