• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Positives

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things that may be short term ...

Joe Gomez seems a bit repaired mentally - he made one poor mistake today, but that's it. Aggressive, pacey as always and smart use of the ball. A healthy, CONFIDENT Joe Gomez is an excellent player.

A few things that are long term ...

We have 4 midfielders (CuJo, Mac, Dominik & Ryan B) who are young, have great engines, good on the ball, can score goals, get stuck in and are quite happy to contribute defensively. Our whole midfield has been transformed in one transfer window ... What we lack now is experience but that will come ... especially with their attitudes.

Our front 5 cause the opposition so many headaches .... awesome 'problem' for Klopp to have to only pick 3 every game.

F5MTYpVXAAAavN9

Last edited:
If they do win it, it proves the Prem is a "Farmers League" ! The only league that isn't, is Serie A amongst the big 5 leagues
When you look at the current quality of teams in Serie A you may want to reconsider your thoughts on that.

When you look at the current quality of teams in Serie A you may want to reconsider your thoughts on that.
Serie A is a mess, but they've had 4 different title winners in as many seasons. where as we've had Man City winning 5 times out of 6.

To be honest I think we are making too much out of our form, in reality I don't think us or our rivals are in our stride yet, look at City - they are conceding first in most games or at least conceding a goal against PL end even their CL opposition. Same for Arsenal except for that PSV game - they have not looked that great. The common theme is that there are actually quite a few changes in all these teams, so there is an excuse for our first half performance - I mean look at it - Endo/Graven/Elliot with Bajcetic and Simi at the back - thats like a new half defence, and a completely new midfield. Did you honestly except anything else in that first half ?

Virgil van Dijk is winning more interceptions [2.8] and aerial duels [4.8] per game than any other player in the Premier League this season [200+ mins]. Virgil is back.
@WhoScored

Virgil's ability to calmly get under a long ball under pressure and deal with it is unreal. I think he's actually the best ever at it.

Played against 6 of these 9 sides (yet to face Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd), 4 of those away from home too

Virgil van Dijk is winning more interceptions [2.8] and aerial duels [4.8] per game than any other player in the Premier League this season [200+ mins]. Virgil is back.
@WhoScored
It helps to have a decent midfield in front of him. Last year was an absolute disaster in both directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom