• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match - Red Star (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 wins in our last 9, apparently.

That is about right - and there is one common theme - the midfield in the three losses away have always involved Milner, Henderson, and Gini as midfielders for most of the game. Am I right on this ?

Lallana is bad luck - have believed this since the penalty shoot out in that cup final against City. It's just he way it is - some players are bad luck and people/coaches are fooled into believing they provide something extra when they don't.

The possession thing - I think Klopp is more than capable of playing that style - in his first full season we were pressing and having possession - averaging over 61% that season, and the margins between us and our rivals was very little in comparison to what it has been since the second half of last season. I just wonder if Klopp is just holding back the intensity so that the players he has don't get fucked up and injured in the 2nd half of the season. Last season - if you all recall -by the time the CL semi 2nd leg - we had no fit midfielders other than the three that played tonight. It's a shame - as actually we have three forward attacking mids - Kieta, Ox, and Shakiri (if you consider him a midfielder of the attacking variety) -two are crooked. I don't think we can actually accommodate another in the squad

There has been the odd mention that we'll click soon and give someone a hiding, imo an embarrassingly shit performance like this was just as likely.

Lallana is bad luck - have believed this since the penalty shoot out in that cup final against City. It's just he way it is - some players are bad luck

First Moron gives up on LFC, now he's given up on the Enlightenment. He'll be burning witches next.

There has been the odd mention that we'll click soon and give someone a hiding, imo an embarrassingly shit performance like this was just as likely.

I hate that cliche. We won't 'click' unless we radically improve in just about every area.

I hate that cliche. We won't 'click' unless we radically improve in just about every area.

It's bollox - we have the players - it's just not working because of the coaching/methodology right now. Clearly he is asking them to play a different way which is less exhausting - and we can understand that given the injuries last season, but basic pass and moving into space has somehow escaped our players minds - it's fucking ... stupid. The build up play from the middle is just completely lacking - we keep trying to move the ball to the right/left in crowded areas - and then not one of our front lot come into the gap in the middle to receive a pass and then run a bit with the ball. Everything is so fucking pedestrian that I think most over 50's would have enough time to setup a defense to stop our front men.

A late home win against Napoli to stay in it. Couldn't be anything but Liverpool, lads

It's bollox - we have the players - it's just not working because of the coaching/methodology right now. Clearly he is asking them to play a different way which is less exhausting .

He did that last season at the same stage. Next.

Maths is pretty simple.

Beat PSG next week and through (so long as Napoli beat RSB)

Lose to PSG, and if Napoli beat RSB, we'll need to beat Napoli at home by 2 clear goals to go through (on H2H with Napoli).
Why 2 clear goals ? On head to heads it's aggregate that counts. So whatever happens away in Paris if we win at home to Napoli we're through whatever the scoreline.

I actually think you guys are being too harsh on Lallana. I think he was great yesterday. Pressed the ball holder, ran his legs off and also showed glimpses of his world class technique and creativity. I really think Klopp should keep playing him, he's a great option to have in the squad and might just give us some of that Coutinho-esque magic from time to time.

I agree with your other points but there was nothing arrogant about leaving him out -if you do mean Shaq? - in this situation. Arsenal did the same with their player in a similar context last year. It was a sensible decision, and it's the fault of the authorities and their ineffectual protection that it needed to be made.

If there was serious concern about safety, I would fully support it.
However, from what I read - and please correct me if I'm wrong - it was about 'distraction' that his presence would cause ... If that meant 'safety', I take back my criticism.

I forgot to add that I think the next few weeks will be a big test for Klopp.

His team is clearly struggling, he was clearly pissed off yesterday and the team was fucking flat. He's gotta figure out how to fix the middle & front 3 ... If he doesn't, we'll still finish top 4 imo but is that good enough?

From the pre-Arsenal thread :

I just had a flashback to the 90/91 season - a season we started, as champions, very strongly with 8 straight wins (would have been 13 if the linesman at Norwich hadn't wrongly adjudged the ball to have gone out of play as we "scored" the goal that would have made it 2-1) , and were undefeated in 14 games.

Then we went to Highbury and Dalglish put out a team with four fullbacks (Burrows, Nicol, Ablett, Venison), and, of course, no Beardsley, and we got twatted 3-0. That was the day I started to think Kenny was losing it a bit ...

We ended that season with no Dalglish and no title, and have not won it since.

What I didn't mention was that the 3-4 matches before that Highbury game, while we were getting the results, the performances were poor.

I hope last night was not Klopp's Highbury

God - I'm getting negative these days. Cheer me up someone!

There was a similar time under Houllier in 2002

If memory serves me correctly, we'd finished 4th, 3rd and then 2nd in the 3 seasons prior. So many were sort of expecting us to make the final step and finish 1st in the 2002/2003 season.

Everything started really well, by November we were top of the table. Then we went to Middlesbrough, Dudek fumbled a cross for them to score the winner, and we literally fell flat and never recovered after that. The next 18 months were dreadful, and Ged was eventually replaced by Benitez.

I think that was more a case of Houllier's dreadful football finally catching up with him. Don't think it will happen to Klopp.

Its ok mate at sometime today you should get a response from @LeTallecWiz ... he usually finds good points in a shit performance...shit that you obviously misswd...and then @Oncy will come on here to cheer you up...no doubt he will re assure you the next game will be different as Klopp will play @Oncy 's cock up front and in midfield. Nothing will get passed that !!!

Feel happy now ?

Think about that fully signed LFC football I kindly sent you that you donated to your local school. In my mind that means both of us are super cool. :)

Also if anyone wants Tom's address it's hilariously. Tom Brown, Ireland. :D

There was a similar time under Houllier in 2002

If memory serves me correctly, we'd finished 4th, 3rd and then 2nd in the 3 seasons prior. So many were sort of expecting us to make the final step and finish 1st in the 2002/2003 season.

Everything started really well, by November we were top of the table. Then we went to Middlesbrough, Dudek fumbled a cross for them to score the winner, and we literally fell flat and never recovered after that. The next 18 months were dreadful, and Ged was eventually replaced by Benitez.

I think that was more a case of Houllier's dreadful football finally catching up with him. Don't think it will happen to Klopp.
Oh God - I also remember that Boro game clearly. Not that I was at it or even watching it, but I was on our last weekend away with my lad as an only child, 2 weeks before his sister was born. I was in the hotel pool with him that afternoon and they had the local radio station piped in, with score updates.

How come I only remember the bad days these days … ?

Think about that fully signed LFC football I kindly sent you that you donated to your local school. In my mind that means both of us are super cool. :)

Also if anyone wants Tom's address it's hilariously. Tom Brown, Ireland. :D
That would probably work.

Thanks again for the ball … I believe a few quid were raised as a result of it

I actually think you guys are being too harsh on Lallana. I think he was great yesterday. Pressed the ball holder, ran his legs off and also showed glimpses of his world class technique and creativity. I really think Klopp should keep playing him, he's a great option to have in the squad and might just give us some of that Coutinho-esque magic from time to time.

Its ok mate at sometime today you should get a response from @LeTallecWiz ... he usually finds good points in a shit performance...shit that you obviously misswd...and then @Oncy will come on here to cheer you up...no doubt he will re assure you the next game will be different as Klopp will play @Oncy 's cock up front and in midfield. Nothing will get passed that !!!

Feel happy now ?

Moron moron moron ... You need to get laid dude, badly.

tumblr_mbjyntMeNE1rroa7eo1_400.gif

Fear not lads. We will soon unleash Naby and Shaq who will reignite the team.

If there was serious concern about safety, I would fully support it.
However, from what I read - and please correct me if I'm wrong - it was about 'distraction' that his presence would cause ... If that meant 'safety', I take back my criticism.
Klopp's use of the word 'distraction' was clearly a proxy for 'safety'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom