• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Atalanta (H) - CL - Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Klopp said there was "no news" on the others as he wasn't letting the opposition have the information.

I think Klopp said there was "no news" on the others as he wasn't letting the opposition have the information.

Well, there's also the live training footage that was available on LFC's YouTube channel.

Salah was training, Keita wasn't.
So, Leicester squad plus Salah, minus Keita and minus Philips, is who Klopp will pick from.

Klopp might be forced to play Fabs in midfield considering that we just lost Keita again and that we barely have any fully fit midfielders.

Ruslan Malinovskyi will play no part in this game after a positive COVID-19 test. Mattia Caldara and Matteo Ruggeri are still out with injuries.

Liverpool form guide: W-D-W-W-W
Atalanta form guide: D-D-L-W-D

Liverpool predicted XI (4-3-3): Alisson Becker; Neco Williams, Rhys Williams, Fabinho, Kostas Tsimikas; James Milner, Georginio Wijnaldum, Curtis Jones; Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, Diogo Jota

Atalanta Predicted XI (3-4-1-2): Marco Sportiello; Jose Luis Palomino, Cristian Romero, Rafael Toloi; Hans Hateboer, Mario Pasalic, Remo Freuler, Robin Gosens; Alejandro Gomez; Duvan Zapata, Luis Muriel

Yep. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an entirely different & inexperienced back four, but unsure if we have enough CB's in the CL squad, in which case three of the four changed with Fabinho.

I think everyone would prefer Milner didn't play again after the weekend, but I'm not sure we have much choice. If Hendo/Thiago may be back for Sat it makes that decision easier I suppose. Jones plays. I reckon he rests Gini & goes for Minamino. Unbalanced midfield, definitely, but I think he wants to rest players more than he wants CL points, & will think we can cobble together a performance that would get three points even with that midfield.

Salah plays obv, I'd play Bobby & Jota, rest Mane whilst you can & let Bobby & Jota build on their good form. Mane will doubtless have one of his amazing runs of scoring almost every match & running the game, but that's more likely if he gets a break occasionally.

Last edited:
If its one player that can handle the workload while Trent is out for a few more weeks, then its Milner.

Good thing that we have 5 subs tonight aswell.

I think something like this is now most likely - with those who played in the first game against Atalanta getting trusted again (Rhys, Curtis)

---------------Alisson---------------
Neco----Matip---Rhys---Tsimikas
----------Millie----Fabs-------------
----------------Gini-----------------

Front three could be interesting. I think Taki will/should get a start but 5 of the 3 of Jota, Salah, Bobby, Mane & Taki. Mane should get a rest I feel, and i'm torn on Bobby as he could keep playing to continue finding form or we could rest him so he goes all guns blazing against Brighton.

I'd keep him in for exactly that reason. Scoring against Leicester should have done him good and he'll be wanting to build on that.

I would go for

Alisson
Neco---Rhys---Matip---Tsimikas
Milner---Fab---Jones
Salah----Minamino---Jota

Hopefully strong enough to win and qualify and some well deserved rest for Robbo, Gini, Firmino & Mane

Do we have 11 players that aren’t currently injured?

I mean , we play Brighton sat lunch time and cl again next Tuesday so I'd more inclined to play first team core for 70 mins and then bring on subs tonight and then play squad on Tuesday

Al,Neco,Rhys,Milner,Tsimikas.
Jones,Fab,Gini
Jota,Origi,Mini.

Difficult to call, throwing Milly in at the back. Pity Phillips isn't in the squad. Just get through it without somebody else going on the sick.

Predicted line up from Twatter : Alisson Neco Williams Matip tsimikas gini Milner Jones mane mo Origi #LFC

I am at the stage where if I did not see Origi in a Liverpool shirt again It would not bother me in the slightest...

Having said that we'll play him he will score a hatrick and set up three more :rolleyes:

Rest Joel, Andy and Sadio. After that, I don't care... We'll likely need just a couple of points out of these remaining 3 games, so no need to risk any of those three today for me.

Of course, they'll all play, because...

a6af4bd59900983924fc8c5791f1960d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom