• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brighton (A) - Fück You Hansern Cup - Sun 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
A chance to right the wrong of last week.

---------------Alisson--------------
Trent--Konate--Gomez--Robbo
---------------Badger---------------
--------Naby--------Thiago-------
Salah--------Nunez-------Gakpo

Milner instead of Trent.

Trent instead of Salah.

GOtta try something new.

Milner instead of Trent.

Trent instead of Salah.

GOtta try something new.

I'd rather see Doak start - but we also need Mo to find form and maybe that will happen if we get the right midfield in and have Trent supporting him down the right.

Stefan Bajcetic on Thiago:
“He's always trying to help me and on the pitch he's talking to me, encouraging me. It's amazing to play with him and so easy as well.”

Klopp Pre-match Conference.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was first asked about what he'd do differently against Brighton this time after their defeat in the league on their last visit:
"Everything. I think we have showed we really want to go through. We always want to get better and that is what we will do. Brighton are in a really good moment."

Klopp added on his midfield choices: "We have six or seven midfielders in top shape which is the perfect situation but only three can start. You can't make mistakes with line-ups.
"Against Brighton it is massively important how we defend the first line. The goalie is really calm, they just pass the ball if the front three aren't performing well. It is really about how we defend."

And finally he was asked about Arthur Melo's injury: "He is running a lot, I think in two or three weeks until he can join team training. He needs a proper build-up. All we had this week Fabio Carvalho is out. He has a little thing but he is out [for the weekend]."

Klopp was asked about the Brighton defeat once again and how they have improved: "Still the worst game I have ever seen of a team of mine, that's still the same thank god as we have played a few games since then... We did really well in moments and spells of the games. The first half against Chelsea we were very disciplined and we didn't give them a lot. We have to do that again against Brighton, of course."

On the importance of clean sheets: "Clean sheets are massive for us. Everyone waits for free-flowing performance but that takes time and it starts with clean sheets. Yes clean sheets are massive to us."

He was also asked if Cup progression can give league momentum: "It can but you can't say it like that. We are not famous for going far in the FA Cup or Carabao Cup, we got to the Champions League final a lot but not the others.
"Cup finals are hard as there are midweek games. In our schedule I don't think there should be FA Cup weekend games but here we are. We have some other rescheduled games to play and we have no news on that."

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp on Frank Lampard's sacking at Everton: “That's the business, that is how it goes. I feel for Frank. Last season he did well and then this season losing Richarlison and we all know how injuries impact a season. That's what we have to accept in this [line of business]."

Klopp added on team news: "Diogo [Jota], Bobby [Firmino] will be a couple of weeks, then they can join training. We will have to see how it goes from there."

Stefan Bajcetic's new contract: "We had to be pretty careful with him because of his age. He has shown us he is ready. His skills are something we haven't shown in recent games. He has good aggression and he has good football on top of that. Really happy and really pleased he signed a new contract."

No comments about van Dijk? It must be serious if he’s talking about Melo, Jota and Bob but not van Dijk.

Klopp Pre-match Conference.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was first asked about what he'd do differently against Brighton this time after their defeat in the league on their last visit:
"Everything. I think we have showed we really want to go through. We always want to get better and that is what we will do. Brighton are in a really good moment."

Klopp added on his midfield choices: "We have six or seven midfielders in top shape which is the perfect situation but only three can start. You can't make mistakes with line-ups.
"Against Brighton it is massively important how we defend the first line. The goalie is really calm, they just pass the ball if the front three aren't performing well. It is really about how we defend."

And finally he was asked about Arthur Melo's injury: "He is running a lot, I think in two or three weeks until he can join team training. He needs a proper build-up. All we had this week Fabio Carvalho is out. He has a little thing but he is out [for the weekend]."

Klopp was asked about the Brighton defeat once again and how they have improved: "Still the worst game I have ever seen of a team of mine, that's still the same thank god as we have played a few games since then... We did really well in moments and spells of the games. The first half against Chelsea we were very disciplined and we didn't give them a lot. We have to do that again against Brighton, of course."

On the importance of clean sheets: "Clean sheets are massive for us. Everyone waits for free-flowing performance but that takes time and it starts with clean sheets. Yes clean sheets are massive to us."

He was also asked if Cup progression can give league momentum: "It can but you can't say it like that. We are not famous for going far in the FA Cup or Carabao Cup, we got to the Champions League final a lot but not the others.
"Cup finals are hard as there are midweek games. In our schedule I don't think there should be FA Cup weekend games but here we are. We have some other rescheduled games to play and we have no news on that."

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp on Frank Lampard's sacking at Everton: “That's the business, that is how it goes. I feel for Frank. Last season he did well and then this season losing Richarlison and we all know how injuries impact a season. That's what we have to accept in this [line of business]."

Klopp added on team news: "Diogo [Jota], Bobby [Firmino] will be a couple of weeks, then they can join training. We will have to see how it goes from there."

Stefan Bajcetic's new contract: "We had to be pretty careful with him because of his age. He has shown us he is ready. His skills are something we haven't shown in recent games. He has good aggression and he has good football on top of that. Really happy and really pleased he signed a new contract."
So we are looking end of Feb for Melo to return upon which his 30 day ban could start

The impression I get is any player currently pressing, working hard and winning challenges in the middle of the park automatically is getting picked, regardless of name or reputation.

Henderson and Fabinho are going to have to win their places back on merit, which is as it should be.

No comments about van Dijk? It must be serious if he’s talking about Melo, Jota and Bob but not van Dijk.
We knew it was serious when he got injured back on 2nd Jan in the game at Brentford....we knew it was a hamstring injury. Everyone knows hamstring injuries take 4-6 weeks to recover from so do the maths.

This is the same club that made him walk round the Goodson pitch when he was about to have 6 months out. Never second guess at time frames with the idiots we have in charge.

The impression I get is any player currently pressing, working hard and winning challenges in the middle of the park automatically is getting picked, regardless of name or reputation.

Henderson and Fabinho are going to have to win their places back on merit, which is as it should be.
Totally agree. I think it's embarrassing for both Henderson and Fabinho that an 18-year-old academy boy is currently keeping them out of the team. And he hasn't done it by playing champagne football - he's simply done the basics well. Perhaps Klopp should get them watching Bajcetic videos just to hammer home the point.

Bit harsh on the bat
gabriel-orm-trompe-loeil-two-bats-nailed-to-a-timber-wall-knife-and-quill-pen-the-bat-painting-two-on-a-board-wall-with-nails-suspended-leather-patches-knife-and-quill-painting-1738-oil-on-paper-or-vellum-mounted-on-metal-oil-on-paper-or-parchment-laid-on-iron-plate-height-294-cm-115-inches-width-196-cm-77-inches-inscription-174-on-paper-note-tergo-signed-g-e-orm-1738-on-knife-tv-about-the-bat-W53EN5.jpg

I've no doubt we'll all tell Nunez to fuck off at least once that game. He'll score a brace however

Caicedo has apparently been withdrawn from the game against us, in a bid to calm him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom