• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Everton (a) - Sat 12:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are a strong relegation candidate this year. Speaks a lot that we can't beat them. Going to be a proper fight for top 4.

It's going to be one of those seasons where we hump teams 4-5 nil.. yet frustratingly drop points when we shouldn't.

Dunno about two dropped. It’s a derby away so it’s always tricky. No massive injuries and a clean sheet. Their keeper motm so not a bad game after all.

If your goal is to finish top 6 that's not a bad result. Everton are undoubtedly one of the worst teams in the league.

Is this what it's come to, the high point of the game is no major injuries?

I'll disagree with that. The chances we're creating aren't clear cut, they're relying on ridiculous ability or luck to convert.

I am genuinely worried about our creativity

I’m more worried about our defending. We’ve conceded very bad goals this season

That wind-up merchant Adrian Durham just informed a grateful world that "Everton were probably the better side".

Pickford with 8 saves and hitting the woodwork 3 times. Fucking hell I thought that Salah effort was in.
Those 2 points dropped feel awful.

I'll disagree with that. The chances we're creating aren't clear cut, they're relying on ridiculous ability or luck to convert.

I am genuinely worried about our creativity

Our players look like they've never talked to each other. Our patterns of play don't fool anyone and there's always at least one pass overhit or undercooked.

I’m more worried about our defending. We’ve conceded very bad goals this season

I don't trust Joe Go. He has those sudden moments of lapses and he's done it again this game. Trent's also starting to get on my nerves.

Except for Allison, the whole defense is showing signs of wear and tear.

Our players look like they've never talked to each other. Our patterns of play don't fool anyone and there's always at least one pass overhit or undercooked.

We look horribly disjointed all over the pitch. Diaz for all his obvious quality still appears to be trying to go it alone. There is no obvious fix here, the club decided against investing properly in midfield for 2 years now and we are seeing the result on the pitch.

When you're open at the back and not creating much, the problem is the midfield.

A good thing we signed Arthur then. Alhamdulillah our foresight of this sudden problem and our quick actions to rectify will pay off in the coming games.

I'm not worried about Top 4 at all - we've been castrated by injuries and the loss of Nunez for 3 games and with players returning we'll soon be back at it.

Today was Everton, we all know that anything can happen in this game with 90 mins of adrenaline fueling them, however it seems for some the sky is falling.

We should have won. They had two efforts in the match, one which was deflected into Davies' path and one double deflection requiring a quality Ali save. Look what happened at the other end - we could have scored 4 or 5 but today just didn't get the luck (or quality of finishing) we needed, or should I say Everton got it instead. Even that last Mo effort could easily have gone in off the back of Lil Dinos legs.

Nunez could have had 2 or 3, Bobby could have had 3, Mo 1, Diaz 1 ... it just didn't happen, on another day it would have.

I don't trust Joe Go. He has those sudden moments of lapses and he's done it again this game. Trent's also starting to get on my nerves.

Except for Allison, the whole defense is showing signs of wear and tear.
Gomez was our best player today (bar one stupid cross-field pass that went astray).

I'm not worried about Top 4 at all - we've been castrated by injuries and the loss of Nunez for 3 games and with players returning we'll soon be back at it.

Today was Everton, we all know that anything can happen in this game with 90 mins of adrenaline fueling them, however it seems for some the sky is falling.

We should have won. They had two efforts in the match, one which was deflected into Davies' path and one double deflection requiring a quality Ali save. Look what happened at the other end - we could have scored 4 or 5 but today just didn't get the luck (or quality of finishing) we needed, or should I say Everton got it instead. Even that last Mo effort could easily have gone in off the back of Lil Dinos legs.

Nunez could have had 2 or 3, Bobby could have had 3, Mo 1, Diaz 1 ... it just didn't happen, on another day it would have.

They also had a goal ruled out for a fractional offside and Maupay missing easily the best chance of the match.

We were not in control of that game at all bar the opening 15 mins of the 2nd half until Klopp swapped both fullbacks at once and we started get destroyed in the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom