• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (H) - 1st Jan 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange game, thought Newcastle were awful and we should have been about 3 or 4 up before the break.

Best performance from Diaz for monts, great timing to have Diogo & Mac back, Jones is comfortably our best and most consistent midfielder and what about Gomez? The way he's been playing this season I'd clone him twice and play him in all 3 defensive positions around Virgil

Shame that Trent shot didn't go in, would have beaten that Manc cunt for goal of the season

Oh and the ref was shit, Joelinton should have had about 4 yellows, Bruno Guimaraes was dogshit and VAR is still the worst thing that happened to football since Lucas

Surprised there is any outrage for Jota. He clearly felt the ball was getting away from him when the clip helped with so he went down. I hate the fact that if you don’t go down refs don’t give it and we’ve had a few of those already this season. I’m more than ok with Jota going down when he felt contact. It wasn’t a dive but it was soft but the clip prevented a tap in and he may have missed had he stayed on his feet.
Onwards and upwards!

I'm in the same boat. Listening to people on talksport and reading comments on different forums and I feel like some have actually never played the game.
It's really easy to get knocked out of balance when running with the ball. One slight nudge after Jota rounds the keeper could be the difference between a simple finish or having to stop the ball from running out of play. The same goes for Diaz who also felt impeded and decided to go down.

It's funny how they call it a "dive" as if it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity.

Last edited:
Jota couldn't win there.

If he stays on his feet, stretches for a shot and it gets blocked or goes wide, the ref isn't calling it back for the penalty. Newcastle go down the other end and equalise. We all go mad about not taking the penalty.

Or does go down, everyone else has a shit fit. Fuck'em.

This is it, well done to Jota for making this decision in the space of a step or so

Surprised there is any outrage for Jota. He clearly felt the ball was getting away from him when the clip helped with so he went down. I hate the fact that if you don’t go down refs don’t give it and we’ve had a few of those already this season. I’m more than ok with Jota going down when he felt contact. It wasn’t a dive but it was soft but the clip prevented a tap in and he may have missed had he stayed on his feet.
Onwards and upwards!
This is how it was.

If Jota could have scored he would have! The tap prevented him (or he felt it did). Why on earth would you go down if you could tap it in? You wouldn't.

Salah takes the plaudits, but Endo, Jones, and Gomez were all terrific and set us up for that win. Diaz put in his most effective performance in months and Jota looks sharp and fit. It's all very pleasing. I've been watching our games all year and wondering how we are in a title race, but last night was a performance worthy of our league position and certainly made a statement to our rivals. Getting 4-6 points from Arsenal and City games would be a more impactful one, but this will do for now!

Last edited:
ohjt0vZ.jpg

It wasnt a dive. Dubravka even confirmed in an interview post game that it was a penalty.
No he didn't actually say it was a pen, he accepted it...
Take off your red tinted glasses and think of what you would say if that happened against us? Clear pen or blatant dive with faintest of touches that didn't bring him down

No he didn't actually say it was a pen, he accepted it...
Take off your red tinted glasses and think of what you would say if that happened against us? Clear pen or blatant dive with faintest of touches that didn't bring him down
I'd honestly be ashamed to even bring it up if we were that outplayed

I'm a game we should have lost 7-0, probably
Yes we should and could have scored 10 with the chances we created though we basically kept shooting at the keeper... But the point is we were only 3-2 up and jota dived after getting the slightest of touches that was so little it didn't knock him off balance.. He takes a step and throws himself on the ground.. Don't whine if some bad decision goes against us...

Yes we should and could have scored 10 with the chances we created though we basically kept shooting at the keeper... But the point is we were only 3-2 up and jota dived after getting the slightest of touches that was so little it didn't knock him off balance.. He takes a step and throws himself on the ground.. Don't whine if some bad decision goes against us...
I don't usually whine, I didn't complain about the Odegaard handball for instance.
I hate it when we demand that the refs give us a dodgy pen when we should be able to beat an opponent without their help.
The only time I've really felt dejected by a refereeing decision this season was when they stole a goal from us against Spurs.

I don't usually whine, I didn't complain about the Odegaard handball for instance.
I hate it when we demand that the refs give us a dodgy pen when we should be able to beat an opponent without their help.
The only time I've really felt dejected by a refereeing decision this season was when they stole a goal from us against Spurs.
So do think it was a dive or not?

And ya that arsenal one was a clear penalty so we can probably say it balanced out though with var this shouldn't even be a topic

So do think it was a dive or not?

And ya that arsenal one was a clear penalty so we can probably say it balanced out though with var this shouldn't even be a topic
He obviously embellished it. I mean yeah I guess it's a "dive" and I was surprised that he fell, but I also know that the slightest of nudges when running with the ball can actually impede you enough to miss an otherwise certain goal.

I wish we could ask Jota what he was thinking

He obviously embellished it. I mean yeah I guess it's a "dive" and I was surprised that he fell, but I also know that the slightest of nudges when running with the ball can actually impede you enough to miss an otherwise certain goal.

I wish we could ask Jota what he was thinking
"How dare you touch me !!! I will fall and get a penalty"

Diving and it being a penalty are not mutually exclusive, as they aren't in this case, where he was awarded a penalty, and clearly dove after feeling contact.

Onwards and upwards!
OK so you would have no issue if that happened against us? You wouldn't be anyway pissed off. It was a dive, the clip didn't do anything to take him down. He takes a step and throws himself on the ground.. Ffs can't people actually call it for what it was

OK so you would have no issue if that happened against us? You wouldn't be anyway pissed off. It was a dive, the clip didn't do anything to take him down. He takes a step and throws himself on the ground.. Ffs can't people actually call it for what it was

Seeing other professional footballers call it for what it was, and explaining why you take an extra step after contact at that pace and then fall kind of pisses all over the diving argument. The contact make him lose balance but people should just keep on believing that a striker who loves to score goals would rather dive than put it in an empty net.

No I wouldn’t have issue. I would if there wasn’t contact. There was, it was a penalty. Simple as that for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom