• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Real Madrid - CL FINAL - Sat 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
shame that, but we didn't really look at the races
dare I say it, the midfield carried thiago and he shouldn't start

The experiment into Trent cutting inside because of salahs ineffectual form has not worked.

In general though I think we just ran out of steam. You can't drag your way through a quad with no form for the last couple months.

I think that's all it is. Players dead on the feet, and no one went in to this on form.

Keita shot has done it for me
I've been such a fan but hes a joke.
Sell

I'd get rid of mo too if we can get tchoameni and Nunez in ... half a season hes disappeared... not acceptable.

Would be nice if jota could play football again too

shame that, but we didn't really look at the races
dare I say it, the midfield carried thiago and he shouldn't start
That's bollocks. I suggest you watch that first half again.

We ran out of steam. That's it in a nutshell.

63 game season. Won 2 trophies. Lost both the PL and the CL by 1 goal. This is the limit to which a team can be stretched physically and mentally. By the end, we didn't have enough left in the tank.

Look, Klopp rarely gives a fuck about the domestic cups. This is the first time he did (with a slightly favourable fixture list), and he won both.

But in the future, I hope we just fuck those cups off. Those extra 12 games are hugely tiring, and those cup wins, while nice, aren't really worth celebrating that much.

Courtois was the main difference between the teams, if it wasn't for him, we might have had two or three.

It's funny to be disappointed with a season where we won two cups, but there you go.
Yep. People are going to moan about our players here now however but for Courtois we would have won. Two world class saves. Easy MotM choice.

For me, Mane should have come off for Jota. he was coming back into midfield to often and most of his little flicks and passes was wayward....
playing him as the middle striker of the three has worked so far in the Prem' but did not work tonight...
Let him go to Bayern this summer..?? Yes

Such a strange final. Because for 85 minutes we controlled it. But Courtois had the game of his life.

Against another keeper he'd have had a hattrick in that second half.

Trent was 100% at fault for the goal. How many times has he done that now? Just get something on it.

They've had 2 shots the whole game, it really was like playing Everton or Burnley.

Keita was fucking abysmal. Biggest club game of his life and that was what happened? Dear me.

Positives. Konate was immense.

The rebuild starts now

The experiment into Trent cutting inside because of salahs ineffectual form has not worked.

I remain doubtful about the indulgence shown to Trent in letting him roam into the midfield. He has a penchant and clear ability for the spectacular long pass, but his short passing is just poor. Plus it takes away so much of our width when we are already facing parked buses.

I remain doubtful about the indulgence shown to Trent in letting him roam into the midfield. He has a penchant and clear ability for the spectacular long pass, but his short passing is just poor. Plus it takes away so much of our width when we are already facing parked buses.

totally

What a shit way to end the season. So close but so far.

May be a bit too early to say it but having a parade now feels embarrassing.
A total downer but the fans and players deserve a parade - we still won the FA Cup (which traditionally gets a parade) and the rest of the season has been immense bar today when we ran out of steam and Courtois had an incredible game.

Indeed. And as Mo cuts in and doesn't like to stay wide we then have zero width with everyone coming inside.

Yeah, Keita has gone from should get a new contract to getting sold.
That shot was just a punch in the nuts.

Can’t fault the team, the players or tactics. Everyone gave everything they had left in the tank after a long season. Courtois and one defensive lapse won them the game. It’s football.
I disagree. Pretty much everyone was under par. You could call it unfortunate but we had far too many players out of form coming into this game. Salah, Diaz, Henderson, Tiago, TAA, Robertson (in terms of his delivery), Jota. I just hoped that we might have some heroes who would break the mould today, but it was all incredibly tame. What a forgettable final.

Things we must do in the summer - We need to rebuild the midfield urgently. Ox, Keita etc - bye. We need a ball carrying midfielder and start rebuilding here, because our midfield is good but against good teams, is bypassed often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom