• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Southampton (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ali - superb so far bar that silly pass out to Thiago
Robbo - looking for MotM
Konate & VvD - doing what's required
TAA - quiet

Thiago - sublime to the, well not quite ridiculous but he does need to tidy up a couple of times given the ball away.
Hendo - crap, bar two passes which led to goals, but yeah otherwise crap
Fabs - hoovering up the midfield

Mo - a little off his game but still a lovely assist.
Jota - shit hot mustard
Mane - started off great but then we get his trademark sloppiness. Second time in a week he's scored a cracking goal and had it unluckily chalked off.

You're so incredibly biased about Thiago beyond belief. He's a great player, but the way you underplay his monumentally ridiculous moments just smacks of complete one side, myopic championing, "needs to tidy up a couple of times he's given the ball away". You make it sound like the occasional pass not coming off, unfortunately as we've seen time and time again it amounts to alot more than that and the bit of play early in the game on the edge of our box, on another day, could have cost us.

He's a top top technician and beautiful to watch, but your opinions are laughable. Hendo crap apart from the two passes that led to goals, Thiago amazing if you ignore the complete and utter amateurish brainfarts. Get a grip.

Virgil's first goal this season but he can't celebrate...ah well
Don't understand this. They have got 75 big ones from us, and it's been almost 4 years since he joined us. He was there for only 3 years.

You're so incredibly biased about Thiago beyond belief. He's a great player, but the way you underplay his monumentally ridiculous moments just smacks of complete one side, myopic championing, "needs to tidy up a couple of times he's given the ball away". You make it sound like the occasional pass not coming off, unfortunately as we've seen time and time again it amounts to alot more than that and the bit of play early in the game on the edge of our box, on another day, could have cost us.

He's a top top technician and beautiful to watch, but your opinions are laughable. Hendo crap apart from the two passes that led to goals, Thiago amazing if you ignore the complete and utter amateurish brainfarts. Get a grip.
Haha yeah right. Go get yourself (and Redkop should join you) his match performance reel (lots of highlights on YT already) - because what you will see is a player pulling the strings for virtually all of the time he was on the pitch.

Yeah he lost the ball a couple of times (seriously? you want to include Ali blasting the ball at him on the edge of the box when he was already under pressure?) but neither came to anything (the other was in a dangerous position but Ali saved the day - and I gave him credit for that in the same post above).

Nothing came of the errors made by TAA, Konate, Fabs and Hendo but because they aren't Thiago neither you nor Redkop uttered a word (actually week in week out you barely say a word in any match thread - except to have a moan at someone else's' comments).

Ditto Hendo. The comment was more than a little tongue in cheek because of his goal involvement and I thought most would pick up on that - obviously way over your head though. So if we are really dissecting his first half (and most of the second) then yes, he gave the ball away often and overplayed poor passes (same in the second half around the 50th minute mark with a crap cross from a wonderful position in the box). His pass to Mo was a quality, intrinsic, part of the move leading to Jota's 2nd, but of course made by Mo's run which was impossible to ignore.

What really pisses me off on here is the inane criticism of generally small errors (that all players make - as most did in this game because we certainly weren't at our best) whilst those same posters totally ignore the 90% of top quality play being demonstrated in their haste to condemn. And that starts with those who seem to want to lambast Thiago at every (small) opportunity.

BTW someone should start a “no context” Twitter account for Thiago’s facial expressions. There were a few hilarious ones today.

Bobby was nearly always Klopp's 1st name on the team sheet, I reckon he'll be rotated and that the only certain pick is Mo.

Great result today...Although we play some lose passes and should; if not for that have won by more than we did.

There are many things to like about Jota, but his final ball is often poor.

We are making too many of these passing errors all over the pitch and need to cut them out of our game.
I did like what Mane did about half way through the first half after some forced errors. The ball came out to Mane and he stopped the ball and held it for a few second, as if he was telling the rest of the team to slow it down and reset

Haha yeah right. Go get yourself (and Redkop should join you) his match performance reel (lots of highlights on YT already) - because what you will see is a player pulling the strings for virtually all of the time he was on the pitch.

Yeah he lost the ball a couple of times (seriously? you want to include Ali blasting the ball at him on the edge of the box when he was already under pressure?) but neither came to anything (the other was in a dangerous position but Ali saved the day - and I gave him credit for that in the same post above).

Nothing came of the errors made by TAA, Konate, Fabs and Hendo but because they aren't Thiago neither you nor Redkop uttered a word (actually week in week out you barely say a word in any match thread - except to have a moan at someone else's' comments).

Ditto Hendo. The comment was more than a little tongue in cheek because of his goal involvement and I thought most would pick up on that - obviously way over your head though. So if we are really dissecting his first half (and most of the second) then yes, he gave the ball away often and overplayed poor passes (same in the second half around the 50th minute mark with a crap cross from a wonderful position in the box). His pass to Mo was a quality, intrinsic, part of the move leading to Jota's 2nd, but of course made by Mo's run which was impossible to ignore.

What really pisses me off on here is the inane criticism of generally small errors (that all players make - as most did in this game because we certainly weren't at our best) whilst those same posters totally ignore the 90% of top quality play being demonstrated in their haste to condemn. And that starts with those who seem to want to lambast Thiago at every (small) opportunity.
Well, that escalated quickly.

Nobody's asking him to be sold, cloned or killed. He had a poor half by his standards. He was one of the more deep lying midfielders yesterday and he had 3 or 4 unforced errors in a half which put us back into trouble. The one early in particular was criminal, if Ali had mistimed it, it would have been a red and a pen, it was totally unnecessary. He had a terrible half despite of the goal he scored.

You have a different opinion, I get it. It's not a big deal. Is there a need for a tirade and name calling? Chill man.

Last edited:
Well, that escalated quickly.

Nobody's asking him to be sold, cloned or killed. He had a poor half by his standards. He was one of the more deep lying midfielders yesterday and he had 3 or 4 unforced errors in a half which put us back into trouble. The one early in particular was criminal, if Ali had mistimed it, it would have been a red and a pen, it was totally unnecessary. He had a terrible half despite of the goal he scored.

You have a different opinion, I get it. It's not a big deal. Is there a need for a tirade and name calling? Chill man.
Haha yeah I get like that at 04.00 (not sure why the post says 17.00 because that is miles out even allowing for +8 GMT). There was no name calling and I think my 'tirade' was an approximate equal balance of Mark's. Neither of which I'd call a tirade though, just a passionate difference of opinion ;)

If you read Stevie M's post you'll realise he has already been cloned - hence less injuries.

As for opinions - read the rest of the thread and what other posters had to say. Almost universally lauded, that isn't going to happen if he had as poor a half as you are intimating (especially considering we were 3-0 up at HT!) and even more so since he was subbed off at 60 mins ! He made two errors worthy of note in that first half, one in which Ali saved his ass and one which was directly caused by Ali. The credit column however was pretty damn full.

Haha yeah I get like that at 04.00 (not sure why the post says 17.00 because that is miles out even allowing for +8 GMT). There was no name calling and I think my 'tirade' was an approximate equal balance of Mark's. Neither of which I'd call a tirade though, just a passionate difference of opinion ;)

If you read Stevie M's post you'll realise he has already been cloned - hence less injuries.

As for opinions - read the rest of the thread and what other posters had to say. Almost universally lauded, that isn't going to happen if he had as poor a half as you are intimating (especially considering we were 3-0 up at HT!) and even more so since he was subbed off at 60 mins ! He made two errors worthy of note in that first half, one in which Ali saved his ass and one which was directly caused by Ali. The credit column however was pretty damn full.
We conceded many chances in the first half. He was a big part of it with his loose passes. It would not have mattered that much if he was one of the forwards but he was playing in a crucial position where a stray pass, and the opponents will be all over us. If it was the CL knockout stages we would have conceded for sure.

If you think that he has had a great half then be it. I'm just pointing out it's not the first time he has had brain fart moments like today.

[xtable]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2}Premier League top scorers{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=colspan:1}Player{/td}
{td=colspan:1}Goals{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=colspan:1}Mohamed Salah (Liverpool){/td}
{td=colspan:1}11{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=colspan:1}Diogo Jota (Liverpool){/td}
{td=colspan:1}7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=colspan:1}Sadio Mane (Liverpool){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=colspan:1}Jamie Vardy (Leicester){/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

We had no option but to clone him.

He died shortly after arriving in Liverpool, remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom