• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understand why people somewhat downplay the role that such grievous officiating plays in our matches...

Yes, Spurs should have put us away before we even equalized, but they didn't due only to Ali's brilliance and their own failures in front of goal. Both of these factors are game-related. They happen. Goalies made saves, strikers miss sitters. Nothing untoward or unusual here.

But when we are first denied a one-man advantage for the majority of the match and then an undeniable penalty because of the ref's abject failure to apply the laws of the game, that is a completely different matter. We've not received the 'rewards' that we've earned, not because of our own miscues or Tottenham's brilliance, but simply because the officials didn't do the right thing.

Saying "Well, we didn't deserve it, 'coz they should have scored 5" just doesn't make sense... Apply the laws correctly, send Kane off, and they wouldn't have had all those chances to miss.

They should have won but didn't because they missed many great chances. That's on them.

We didn't win, in very large part to the utter ineptitude of the officials. That's not on us.

FG_4yOxX0AUfyE4

We were still playing high even after we took the lead. Boss seems loath to play the holding game. We gave them far to much space along the back 4 all game. Son has so much pace he thrives on the long ball over the top. He skinned Matip for the equaliser.

Was said after Newcastle that a better team would've punished us...well we didn't have to wait long.

Robbo you’re a ducking my ledge mate is only disappointed you didn’t snap the guys leg in half. No hard feelings towards Emerson or anything it was just that type of game.

[article]
Tierney leaves Klopp bemused by decisions
Jürgen Klopp spent much of the pulsating 2-2 draw with Tottenham frothing with rage at some of the refereeing decisions and his anger was more than justified. We all have bad days at the office, but certain elements of Paul Tierney’s display were inexplicably poor. Diogo Jota was denied a blindingly obvious penalty in the first half, before Harry Kane escaped with a yellow card for a potentially career-ending tackle on Andy Robertson. Robertson was smart enough to jump, without which the damage would have been severe. “That’s definitely a red card ... if Robbo’s leg is on the ground, it’s a broken leg,” Klopp correctly told Sky Sports after the match. Robertson was subsequently sent off in the second half for kicking Emerson Royal, a blatant act but far less serious, in terms of the level of danger to his opponent, than Kane’s tackle. Referees have a hard job, and Tierney should have been better supported by the VAR, but consistency and common sense were nowhere to be seen at the London Stadium on Sunday.

[/article]

But but but... remember when Milner didn’t get sent off against City and it was all a conspiracy to ensure the “bin dippers” won everything!!!!

I can’t wait for the return fixture for someone to to do a good strong tackle on Kane.

I know exactly where you're coming from (boy, do I ever) but I wouldn't go down that road. I'd be concerned that the same preferential treatment which left the mouthbreathing scoper on the pitch yesterday would see the offender red-carded, even at Anfield.

I think we'd get the penalty and the Kane red card at Anfield. We would have gotten both yesterday with another referee as well.

We’d have got them both with normal refs and not the spastics we got yesterday. Every single ex ref is going in on them today.

I know exactly where you're coming from (boy, do I ever) but I wouldn't go down that road. I'd be concerned that the same preferential treatment which left the mouthbreathing scoper on the pitch yesterday would see the offender red-carded, even at Anfield.
I would settle for Trent/Hendo doing it in an England training session. See the slobbering cunt crying on the floor, leg in 2 and laughing saying “what? It was just a good strong tackle”.

So you don't think we need MFs in Jan?
None of us like injury ladened players, they take up a space whist not being available. Kieta, Gomez, Matip and Ox are all through no fault of their own guilty of that. I wouldn't lose sleep if we lost Kieta and Gomez and signed someone more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom