• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Toulouse - EL - Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
So .... "a few changes from the last starting line-up"

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Szoboszlai
Mac Allister (Endo)
Gravenberch (Jones)

Salah (Elliott)
Jota
Diaz (Nunez)

Four changes

Better to start Gakpo upfront. Nunez to play against Forest.

It's a weird feeling when I fundamentally don't care who starts in our forward line, because I like them all and trust them all. Jota? Cool. Diaz – yeah baby! Nunez – great! Gakpo – lovely. Well, Salah always starts, but if Doak plays it's also exciting.

Last edited:
It's a weird feeling when I fundamentally don't care who starts in our forward line, because I trust them all. Jota? Cool. Diaz – yeah baby! Nunez – great! Gakpo – lovely. Well, Salah always starts, but if Doak plays it's also exciting.

I feel the same way.

It's a weird feeling when I fundamentally don't care who starts in our forward line, because I like them all and trust them all. Jota? Cool. Diaz – yeah baby! Nunez – great! Gakpo – lovely. Well, Salah always starts, but if Doak plays it's also exciting.
Long way from Aspas, Lambert and Ballotelli!

I love Curtis's interview - he's so good, brilliant player, fantastic - bags of anti-scouse confidence with a touch of arrogance, fantastic stuff.

Have you had to put ice on “it” to get the swelling down after the almighty choking you just gave “it”?

World Class Generational media skillz as well as football!!!!

He should try some punditry next time he’s suspended/injured - see if he can make you cream at his insights!!!

:D

Luke Chambers may actually "do a Quansah". He was targeted by Leverkusen earlier in the summer.

If true, hope he impresses

The article below was shared by @Hass here

[article]
In making his senior debut against Leicester City in the Carabao Cup last month, Chambers fulfilled the dream he has worked towards since joining Liverpool’s academy aged six. He was since been an unused substitute against Union Saint-Gilloise in the Europa League and Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League.

A small ligament injury picked up during this month’s international break meant he only resumed training two days before the derby. Klopp therefore opted for Scanlon as his backup left-back against Everton.

Chambers made a strong impression during the 2022-23 pre-season. After winning the Under-19 European Championship with England in the June and July, he was part of a squad that toured Thailand and Singapore and featured in warm-up games against Manchester United and Crystal Palace. He then spent the second half of last season on loan at Kilmarnock in Scotland’s top flight. MK Dons of the English third tier were another option, but the promise of game time was pivotal in his decision to head north of the border.

There was some indecision about the move internally at Liverpool, with Klopp keen to see how Chambers fared against Mohamed Salah on a daily basis. The defender received reassurances that going out on loan would not count against him.

The 19-year-old would help Kilmarnock stave off the threat of relegation. He made 16 appearances, and his composure, aggression and passing range impressed.

Kilmarnock manager Derek McInnes immediately took a liking to Chambers and he was viewed as the model full-back. He held his own defensively, refusing to be bullied by older wingers, and loved to get forward using his pace, improving the team’s attacking threat. His style drew comparisons with that of Robertson, whom Chambers is keen to emulate as he develops.

Despite his young appearance, his maturity in the dressing room also stood out. He moved into a block of flats within touching distance of Kilmarnock’s stadium, sharing with some of his team-mates. Liverpool-born defender Ash Taylor took him under his wing, helping him settle in the Ayrshire town, south of Glasgow, and teaching him how to cook.
Chambers repeatedly spoke about wanting to make an impact at Liverpool and get into the first team. He took feedback sessions from the club very seriously.

He even gave up the opportunity to travel to Argentina with England in May for the Under-20 World Cup — deciding to see out his loan spell and play in Kilmarnock’s decisive final three games. Victories in the last two of those kept them up.

Chambers returned to Liverpool with positive reports and there was hope at the academy in the summer that he’d be part of the first-team training setup on a more regular basis.

However, he picked up an injury that ruled him out of being involved in Liverpool’s trips to Singapore and Germany. Like 20-year-old right-back Conor Bradley, who picked up an injury two games into pre-season, Chambers has been unable to build on his loan spell from the previous season.

Despite exploratory interest from Germany’s Bayer Leverkusen, a host of Championship clubs including Watford and Sheffield Wednesday, and Kilmarnock wanting to borrow him again, Liverpool said Chambers was not available for loan this summer. They wanted to look at him closely. Since returning to fitness, he has indeed regularly trained with Klopp’s first team.[/article]

Last edited:
Liverpool: Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Matip, Chambers, Endo, Jones, Gravenberch, Elliott, Jota, Nunez.
Subs: Alisson, Jaros, Van Dijk, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Salah, Gakpo, Tsimikas, Scanlon, McConnell, Quansah.

Liverpool: Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Matip, Chambers, Endo, Jones, Gravenberch, Elliott, Jota, Nunez.
Subs: Alisson, Jaros, Van Dijk, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Salah, Gakpo, Tsimikas, Scanlon, McConnell, Quansah.
I really like this lineup

“Change one or two” - Klopp’s a little fibber! That’s nine isn’t it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom