• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Watford (h) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it as soon as he headed the back of Hernandez's head. Had a big indent.

Was surprised he wasn't taken off for head injury evaluation. He was clearly dazed for a minute or two.
Yeh, he probs won’t play next game.
hope he’s ok now

I saw it as soon as he headed the back of Hernandez's head. Had a big indent.

Was surprised he wasn't taken off for head injury evaluation. He was clearly dazed for a minute or two.

Yep - he shouldn’t fly to Portugal IMO, let him rest & recover for City.

Agree with Thiago but an honourable mention for Gomez who produced his best ever display at RB, IMHO of course.

He did, but he still had a couple of brainfarts too. The foul when three of our players were running their player down our line was stupid, and then the needless sloppy pass that sent them on a break was also one of those moments he always seems to have in him. He doesn't half remind me of Glen Johnson in terms of confidence and near catastrophic moments due to a lack of concentration, he just switches off and I still have no confidence in him dealing with a ball over the top, too often he lets the ball bounce instead of attacking it, which is basic defensive stuff.

[article]Diogo Jota, displaying his versatility by starting on the left of Liverpool’s attack against Watford, had barely had a touch when he showed the high-class movement and predatory instinct that Joe Gomez’s cross deserved to head his team in front at Anfield. It was the 20th goal in all competitions this season from the Portugal international who, thanks to VAR, also won the penalty that enabled Fabinho to seal a 10th successive Premier League win. Jota has emerged as a decisive influence for Jürgen Klopp’s team and, his manager admitted, has been a better player than Liverpool expected when paying Wolves an initial £41m in September 2020. Klopp said: “At Wolves he had a different job and he did that job so good that we thought, ‘We want him.’ And since he came, he improved a lot. That is a little to do with his age, he is growing into the top, world-class striker role step by step. He is the player we thought he would be and also a little bit better.”
[/article]

He did, but he still had a couple of brainfarts too. The foul when three of our players were running their player down our line was stupid, and then the needless sloppy pass that sent them on a break was also one of those moments he always seems to have in him. He doesn't half remind me of Glen Johnson in terms of confidence and near catastrophic moments due to a lack of concentration, he just switches off and I still have no confidence in him dealing with a ball over the top, too often he lets the ball bounce instead of attacking it, which is basic defensive stuff.

Fair comment, mark.

Fair comment, mark.

He did play well though overall and it was a great assist, but it's like when we're assessing Thiago's brilliance and then he makes the stupidest basic mistake that nearly costs us. Hopefully this is a turning point in his confidence, it's a big game for him next week if he plays, he needs to be switched on and make the most of this spell in the side, because when in form he's a cracking player

The one by the sideline was a silly mistake as he could have just let it go out for a throw in but chased it and lost it which led to a potentially dangerous break for Watford.
He always has that in him despite his overall brilliance, almost as if at times he’s trying too hard at times to do everything which often is not required.

He did play well though overall and it was a great assist, but it's like when we're assessing Thiago's brilliance and then he makes the stupidest basic mistake that nearly costs us. Hopefully this is a turning point in his confidence, it's a big game for him next week if he plays, he needs to be switched on and make the most of this spell in the side, because when in form he's a cracking player

To also be fair though, he’s played fuck all games and he needs… any player needs a string of games to get into the groove.

Van Dijk looked ropey as fuck earlier in the season, despite being played constantly in his favoured position - I’m inclined to give Gomez, not exactly a pass, but benefit of doubt given he plays the off game here and there, out of position.

Yeah, that performance by Gomez at RB was probably the best I’ve seen him play in that position. Well done. Need to see more before declaring any judgments though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom