• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - West Ham (H) - EFL Cup - Wed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Big rotation in this game for me - play the players we need to get more minutes or confidence in. For me that is Gakpo, Jones, Elliot, Bradley, Quansah etc. I want us fully refreshed for Arsenal's visit. I would also start Darwin as he needs that goal.

I think West Ham need to rotate here too. Majority of these players are knocking on the door to start - so this isn't as inexperienced as it may come across.

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Chambers

Endo
Jones
Elliot

Doak
Nunez
Gakpo

Hopefully only 4-5 changes, it's a chance to book our place in the SF.

Kelleher Bradley Quansah Virgil Kostas Endo Harvey Jones Salah Nunez Gakpo

Fucking start the same team, tell them to score and why we are at it, tell the home fans to make some noise.

Yeah I don't think it'll be a full rotation. Rest the ones that need it the most and that's it. Tsimikas and Konate are the obvious ones as we can't risk injuries there. Ali usually isn't involved with cup games so hopefully Kelleher doesn't cost us again. Diaz might as well stay at home with the form he's in at the moment

I'd like to see Salah rested but we have no alternatives for that position as Doak isn't anywhere near ready and Klopp clearly doesn't see Szobo there (although this could be the game to play him on the wing and Elliott in midfield)

Kelleher
Trent Quansah Virgil Gomez
Szobo Endo Jones/Elliott
Salah Gakpo Nunez

We need to win this one, to take the confidence a good performance will give us going into the Arsenal match. I would even start Ali - not like he had much to do vs United. Gravy has been added to the walking wounded. If we are intending to start Gakpo and Nunez vs Arsenal then Diaz starts.

--------------------------- Ali

Gomez ---- Quansah ----- Virgil -- Scanlon

------------------------ Endo

------ Elliott ------------------------- Jones

Salah ------------- Gakpo ----------- Diaz

Big rotation in this game for me - play the players we need to get more minutes or confidence in. For me that is Gakpo, Jones, Elliot, Bradley, Quansah etc. I want us fully refreshed for Arsenal's visit. I would also start Darwin as he needs that goal.

I think West Ham need to rotate here too. Majority of these players are knocking on the door to start - so this isn't as inexperienced as it may come across.

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Chambers

Endo
Jones
Elliot

Doak
Nunez
Gakpo

I think we learnt last week that having ‘noobs’ in both positions of a flank is suicide. Bradley was the least worst of the youngsters so if we have to have them in the starting line up he’d be the one. However, Tsimikas did a heck of a lot of running on Sunday and seemed to have got his form back. He could do with a rest but neither Chambers or Scanlon seemed up to it. If it has to be one of them Scanlon may be the better bet

If Jota is indeed in contention for Arsenal then Diaz can go for redemption.

Finally, I assume Klopp has an idea of what he’s going to do when Salah is off to AfCoN. This could be the night to try it.

………allison
Bradley VVD Quansah Gomez
………Endo
Elliott ……..Jones
Szobo. Gakpo. Diaz

I think we learnt last week that having ‘noobs’ in both positions of a flank is suicide. Bradley was the least worst of the youngsters so if we have to have them in the starting line up he’d be the one. However, Tsimikas did a heck of a lot of running on Sunday and seemed to have got his form back. He could do with a rest but neither Chambers or Scanlon seemed up to it. If it has to be one of them Scanlon may be the better bet

If Jota is indeed in contention for Arsenal then Diaz can go for redemption.

Finally, I assume Klopp has an idea of what he’s going to do when Salah is off to AfCoN. This could be the night to try it.

………allison
Bradley VVD Quansah Gomez
………Endo
Elliott ……..Jones
Szobo. Gakpo. Diaz

Yeah that's a well balanced team. I think we'll see Kelleher and Trent tho

The squad is creaking a bit now, eh?

This really does remind me of that year Davies/Kabak year where we managed to get to Jan top and then fucked it by buying no-one. I really hope we don't make the same mistake again.

This really does remind me of that year Davies/Kabak year where we managed to get to Jan top and then fucked it by buying no-one. I really hope we don't make the same mistake again.
That's why I hope Klopp pushes for a CB and RW in January. Just go for it.

I really don’t think the Lizards/Klopp hold back funds to spend in the winter window. Klopp has said on several occasions the market is shit then (apart from South American). Also his comments about “magicking up endless money” a week or so back when asked about replacing Joel suggest strongly no winter transfers

My expectation is we lose this one. Not a jinx type assertion, I genuinely expect it. West Ham are in form currently and Kudus, Pacquetta and Bowen are working together really well. West Ham know their best chance for a trophy is a cup.
We, in contrast, seem to have hit a tricky patch and will be prioritising Arsenal

Good old Pep.

Says Doak will require surgery on his knee (that's his career over then), hopeful to have Grav back in training today, Jota on the pitch doing ball work and nearer to a full return and the pain Mac felt has gone away & just a matter of time before the wound heals up.

Just noticed that TIA are suggesting that Endo is a 'must start' vs Arsenal so Jones may play the DM role like he did in pre-season. Can't see that myself as there's no gravenberch to play LCM (please no-one suggest Gakpo).

Not sure why people are suggesting the trio of Endo, Jones, and Harvey unless we do not intend to win. They were well and truly destroyed in our last european game. Paqueta, JWP and Soucek will run circles around them.

Not sure why people are suggesting the trio of Endo, Jones, and Harvey unless we do not intend to win. They were well and truly destroyed in our last european game. Paqueta, JWP and Soucek will run circles around them.
Probably. Probably be Paqueta doing most of the running circles round them....can't imagine JWP or Soucek have that kind of finesse to their game. Do you know for sure that's the 3 Moyes will play?

We're short on options, Mac is out, Grav will probably be on the bench at best if he's still nursing some strains.

That leaves an out of sorts Szobo who's played like 20300302 minutes in the last 3 months, Endo Jones and Harvey.

Play the kids. We’re in a great spot in the league if we beat the arse. Need fresh leg and no more injuries

My only concern is ensuring we are fresh enough for Arsenal who have the week off

So Middlesbrough, Fulham and Chelsea.

Im now thinking both teams go full strength

Klopp prefers rhythm over rest.

Strong team here. Get the result and then hit Arsenal with that momentum.

Fuck resting them, honestly - they have had too much rest, they need to man up and play, and play with rhythm and the only way you do that is keep playing game after game. That is how it used to be done in the old days. I know we have been using subs to change games, but the problem with that is that you never have a settled team that is going to play at maximum throttle. The strikers are no scoring because we are putting too much pressure on them when they do come in, and it's no surprise they shoot on site. Play full strength team against West Ham using first teamers, and unless we are up 3-0 by 80 minutes then do your X number of subs. If we get injuries so fucking be it. Last few weeks he has been making so many changes to line-ups and shit - I don't think it matters who starts anymore in midfield or up front. Endo is looking good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom