• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Random Shite

Status
Not open for further replies.
David James is broke. Declared bankrupt. Selling off his football stuff now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29896728

Premier League footballers: four who went bankrupt

By Tracy Ollerenshaw Newsbeat reporter
Related stories

• Why do footballers bother tweeting?
  • Bankrupt goalkeeper to auction balls
  • Harry is the man - David James
Signed football shirts, shorts and balls - a must purchase for any die-hard fan.
But what about the hard-up players selling them?
With earnings of up to £35,000 per week you wouldn't think any Premier League star would need to auction off their memorabilia.
But some do. As items owned by ex-England goalkeeper David James are up for sale we look at footballers who've played, earned and lost.
David James

He declared himself bankrupt in May 2014 despite earning an estimated £20m from his footballing career, owning several properties and having a lucrative modelling contract.
Six months on and the man appointed by the courts to oversee his bankruptcy has been instructed to sell off a whole host of David's sports memorabilia and other personal items including exercise machines, DJ equipment and even a Vauxhall Astra van.
He has more than 50 caps for England and also made more than 800 senior appearances at prestigious clubs such as Liverpool, Manchester City, Aston Villa, West Ham, Portsmouth, Watford, Bournemouth and Bristol City, winning the League and FA Cup.
Aged 44 (which is considered old to play football) he's currently player-manager at Kerala Blasters FC in the Indian Super League.
Lee Hendrie

He earned £30,000-plus a week at the height of his career, playing much of it for Aston Villa and earning a cap for England.
But in January 2012 facing spiralling debts and repossessions he was declared bankrupt after twice trying to take his own life.
"If I was to say I wasted my money gambling or that I just didn't care about my money, that wouldn't be true," said Hendrie in an interview with BBC Radio 4's You and Yours.
"My intentions were to look after my family and put my money into investments.
"But along the way I had a divorce which hit me hard in the pocket and then I bought houses which turned out to be bad investments and I couldn't sell them."
He's now the director of Footie Bugs, a football-based activity programme for children aged from three to nine years. He's also an ambassador for Young Minds.
Keith Gillespie

When he started his career Keith Gillespie rubbed shoulders with the likes of Ryan Giggs, David Beckham and Paul Scholes, and was part of Manchester United's "golden generation" which won the Youth Cup in 1992.
He went on to help Newcastle United reach the Champions League and he's also one of Northern Ireland's most celebrated players with more than 80 caps for his country.
At the age of 35 in 2010 he was declared bankrupt.
He calculated he lost £7,215,875 during his professional career. How? "I lost an awful lot of money through gambling over the years, but I also lost money on property and got involved in a film scheme like a lot of footballers did," he told The Guardian.
Unlike David James he hasn't got much memorabilia to sell off though. He says he's probably only got two shirts left because he gave them away to charity.
But he has got his story and he's turned that into a book. How Not to be a Football Millionaire was published in May.
Eric Djemba-Djemba

Another player who called the likes of Giggs and Scholes his teammates, Eric Djemba-Djemba was signed by Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford in 2003.
The Cameroon international was declared bankrupt just four years later after his move to Aston Villa.
He doesn't seem to have tried to auction off anything, but a quick look on eBay and there's a Djemba-Djemba Manchester United away shirt for £99.
After a brief stint with St Mirren earlier this year the 32-year-old is now playing in the Indian Super League for Chennaiyin FC.
'A short career'

There's no doubt playing in the Premier League is an extremely lucrative job, but it's short-lived.
While a chosen few stay in the game, in a coaching or management capacity, the vast majority of players will probably have to earn their living elsewhere.
The Professional Footballers' Association runs a series of education and qualification courses.
On its website Pat Lally, head of PFA education, says: "It's a fact that the playing career of a professional footballer is on average eight years, which makes it all the more important for players of all ages to weigh up their options and consider an alternative career path."

What happened to James then? Can't understand how a player who has earned 20million and still playing can be bankrupt. Unless you make some dodgy decision along the way like that guy from westlife that bought a shit load of property in Ireland just before the financial crisis.

Christoph Kramer played a dodgy pass to his goalie on Saturday, poor guy.
Borussia Dortmund 1 - 0 Borussia Mönchengladbach

Mark Schwarzer on BT Sport just now, admitting that he did indeed start deliberately wasting time at Anfield last season after a mere 30 seconds. 'It was our game plan'. Twat!

Mark Schwarzer on BT Sport just now, admitting that he did indeed start deliberately wasting time at Anfield last season after a mere 30 seconds. 'It was our game plan'. Twat!
I wonder how much time, on average, is wasted during a game in which a team is deliberately wasting time?

WhoScored.com ‏@WhoScored 5h5 hours ago
Liverpool: Are 1 of only 2 teams (along with Villa) yet to score a headed goal in the PL this season, having scored the most last term (14)

GrizzledSoggyEkaltadeta.gif

Most LFC shots this season through Chelsea :

25 Balotelli
17 Sterling
11 Sturridge
7 Coutinho
6. Henderson
5 Borini, Lallana, Gerrard, Lovren
4 Skrtel

Most LFC passes this season through Chelsea :

742 Lovren
680 Gerrard
605 Henderson
535 Skrtel
389 Sterling
361 Moreno
302 Coutinho
288 Mignolet & Manquillo
264 Johnson

Balotelli - best 3 players I've played with :

Luis Figo
"I was 17 or 18 when I played with Luis Figo at Inter but he was still brilliant."

Andrea Pirlo
"Pirlo is amazing. The incredible thing is that he is still getting better now. It's an easy thing to say that we just want to keep improving as footballers but it is not an easy thing to do."

Steven Gerrard
"Gerrard is an amazing player. I think of him as being at the same level as Pirlo. Vision, technique, but he is powerful as well. Stevie can do anything. It's going to be very difficult for the team to find another player like him in the future."

Raheem Sterling has shared the two crucial instructions that Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers provided to the 19-year-old on his path to become a first-team regular for club and country.

During the past 12 months, the gifted forward has firmly established himself in the Reds' starting XI and developed into one of the most feared opponents in the division for Barclays Premier League defences. Sterling's scintillating form in 2013-14 earned a spot in England's World Cup squad and preceded an impressive contribution in Brazil, while he is currently away with the Three Lions as they continue their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign.

His surge to the spotlight has been studiously overseen by Rodgers, who has moulded the No.31 to become equally comfortable, and potentially prolific, in any role across the attacking line. "He has taught me to play in numerous different positions and adapt to different positions, being able to work and be effective in each of them,"Sterling explained to LFC Xtra.

"The best piece of advice I've been given is to live, eat and sleep football. It was great advice given to me by the manager, and it has helped me going forward."
Despite not turning 20 until early December, the young Englishman has already clocked up 93 appearances for Liverpool, which have brought 15 goals too, since a debut in March 2012.

His rise has been rapid, but what is still to come? Where does he hope to be in five years' time? "Hopefully winning trophies with Liverpool, doing well for England and trying to be at the peak of my game at that time," said Sterling.

Not sure if this has been posted before or if the website is credible:

Dejan Lovren's wife "suffered" after his naked pics released

dejan-lovren.jpg

© Getty Images

Tweet

By Danielle Joynson, Staff Reporter
Filed: Monday, November 3, 2014 at 12:51 UK
Last Updated: Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 12:27 UK
Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren has revealed that his wife was ashamed of him when the media published naked photos of the footballer swimming.
During the World Cup in Brazil, photos were leaked of Lovren and a number of his Croatian teammates skinny-dipping in a pool at their team's base.
After the revealing pictures emerged, Lovren went on to be named one of the world's sexiest footballers.
The defender told Dnevnik: "I wonder why I got [on to that list]? That's good to hear, but I was not great that day because of the nudity.
"Then my wife suffered most. I was very angry about that. The first text that greeted me that morning was from a woman who said, 'shame'. I was really embarrassed.
"As much as it sounds nice when you say 'you're cute', I'm not happy for my family. Everyone saw it."
Lovren has faced some criticism for his performances so far this season following his summer move to Anfield from Southampton.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the...ns-wife-suffered-after-naked-pics_186266.html

Charlie Adam looked like he had been eating footballs and I am not so sure it worked out that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom