• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Reds chasing Jorgensen

Status
Not open for further replies.

reuque

Well-Known
Denmark continues to be a hunting ground for new talent as Liverpool eye up FC Copenhagen midfielder Mathias Jorgensen.

Jakob Friis-Hansen, the Reds' scout in the area, has revealed that boss Rafael Benitez is keen on Jorgensen.

"I have previously advised Liverpool over two Danes, with Daniel Agger and Nicola Savic, both of whom they purchased and are almost too happy with," said Friis-Hansen to Sporten.dk.

"I gave them Mathias Jorgensen's name a long time ago and Liverpool are wild about him. They are keeping very good track of him.

"Liverpool see him as a very promising youngster, like I do, and clearly just like a player who will play for the Danish national team for many years to come."

Another midfielder for us to mess with then.

[quote author=peekay link=topic=26297.msg650933#msg650933 date=1219175488]
I thought he was central defender. A very highly rated one. KHL will confirm.
[/quote]

Yeah, he's a defender. Nicknamed Zanka, he has already turned down a move to Arsenal.

Great prospect. That danish scout that found Saric and Agger has been hired to be our main scout in scandinavia. Good news.

Whos the one who was meant to be the new Ronaldinho??

By the way we are giving another 14 year old a trial as per below

Meanwhile 14-year-old Dane Marcus Sondergaard is training with the Anfield club's academy.

"It is a great dream that is coming true," the teenager told Ekstra Bladet, but he will not be allowed to move until his 16th birthday.

One of Liverpool's Danish scouts has today rubbished claims by The People that central defender Mattias Zanka Jorgensen is on the way to Anfield come January.

He has improved well over the past Months and there's no doubt whatsoever that he'll end up in a top flight club in either Spain, Italy or England.

Hopefully we'll win the race for his signature. He's really a major talent and is already playing week in week out for FC Copenhagen despite beeing only 18-years-old.

In terms of style and play he's more like Agger than Skrtl albeit beeing pacey and strong.

He'd be mad to come to Liverpool.

Carra, Agger and Skrtel in the first team.

Hobbs, San Jose, Ayala, Kelly, Huth, Antwi and Roque in reserves (although obv some of them will be gone soon).

[quote author=SummerOnions link=topic=26297.msg733155#msg733155 date=1227566853]
best of both worlds then
[/quote]
He's certainly not anywhere near the finished article and would need time to adjust, but as we're probably not going to rely on Sami for many more years it would be clever to get a long-term quality back-up ready.

I'm not familiar with how well Huth, San Jose et all are progressing in the Reserves but if they are not closing in on the firstteam we are going to be in the market for another defender soon enough.

Zanka would be brilliant as 4th choice for a few years and then we could see how he went on.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=26297.msg733158#msg733158 date=1227567049]
He'd be mad to come to Liverpool.

Carra, Agger and Skrtel in the first team.

Hobbs, San Jose, Ayala, Kelly, Huth, Antwi and Roque in reserves (although obv some of them will be gone soon).
[/quote]

Maybe he'd accept a good ten firstteam outings a year in the first couple of Seasons, learning his trade, and then go on to be 3rd choice when Carra is not fit to play week in week out anymore?

I'm not saying you're not right, but maybe he'd be tempted anyways. It's Livepool FC after all.

Sure he'll be tempted, as many a youngster is, but if he's *that* promising, he'd be better off going to a club that'll give him games. He's not going to improve massively rotting away in our stands for 3/4 years.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=26297.msg733173#msg733173 date=1227567493]
Sure he'll be tempted, as many a youngster is, but if he's *that* promising, he'd be better off going to a club that'll give him games. He's not going to improve massively rotting away in our stands for 3/4 years.
[/quote]

..and he'll not come 'that' cheap anyways so you might have a point mate.

I'm just always PRO us snapping up the biggest talents around. I'd hate to see him go to Arsenal (where he'd fit in perfectly mind).

[quote author=the_khl link=topic=26297.msg733181#msg733181 date=1227568070]
[quote author=keniget link=topic=26297.msg733173#msg733173 date=1227567493]
[/quote]

..and he'll not come 'that' cheap anyways so you might have a point mate.

I'm just always PRO us snapping up the biggest talents around. I'd hate to see him go to Arsenal (where he'd fit in perfectly mind).
[/quote]

I like us snapping up the 'next so and so' and the 'new blah blah blah' too. BUT we really need to start showing that we can also nurture them, not just showing off our ability to buy the best talent in the world.

The lad might be a great talent but we have way too many centre halves. He'll get nowhere near the first team in the near future even if we sell off 3 or 4.

[quote author=RolandG link=topic=26297.msg733316#msg733316 date=1227602569]
The lad might be a great talent but we have way too many centre halves. He'll get nowhere near the first team in the near future even if we sell off 3 or 4.
[/quote]

Who's going to take over when Sami hangs up his boots?

I'm not saying his not already present in our own ranks I'm just not sure who it should be then.

Look at the scenario.

Skrtl's injured. Agger's injured. Sami's retired.

Then it's Carra and..... San Jose? Hobbs? Huth?

[quote author=keniget link=topic=26297.msg733327#msg733327 date=1227604306]
Arse and Spurs linked today.
[/quote]

Linky linky?

[quote author=the_khl link=topic=26297.msg733323#msg733323 date=1227603779]
[/quote]

I'm not saying his not already present in our own ranks I'm just not sure who it should be then.

Look at the scenario.

[/quote]

All 3 centre halves from the reserves are highly rated. IMO, probably San Jose.

[quote author=RolandG link=topic=26297.msg733332#msg733332 date=1227604825]
[quote author=the_khl link=topic=26297.msg733323#msg733323 date=1227603779]
[/quote]

Look at the scenario.

[/quote]

All 3 centre halves from the reserves are highly rated. IMO, probably San Jose.
[/quote]

I certainly hope you're right.

I really like San Jose, it certainly helps our CBs that they play against premiership strikers quite often at reserve level.

[quote author=Milner link=topic=26297.msg733480#msg733480 date=1227619537]
I really like San Jose, it certainly helps our CBs that they play against premiership strikers quite often at reserve level.
[/quote]

Half fit, out of form, out of favor Premiership strikers, that is.

According to his English agent Darryl Powell there are a lot of clubs from around Europe hot on his trail now, and whilst he didn't name anyone in particular he did add something along the line of:

- Arsenal had him on trial before he went to FC Copenhagen. That should tell you a bit about the size of the clubs involved.

We've been linked with this lad before so I thought I'd give you heads up.

He's been storming in his last 10 outings or so and could even make it to the World Cup alongside Agger, Kjaer and Kroldrup despite just turning 20-years-old.

Big, strong, pacy lad with a great pass on him. Needs to be more careful in his game perhaps but he's certainly got a lot of great attributes in him. If Kjaer is out of our league money-wise (which I reckon he's not mind because of his clause) then Zanka could be our man.

And while we're at it we should take a closer look at Swedish left-back Oscar Wendt, FC Copenhagen, as well. He'd instantly improve us even without us having to break the bank.

£7M-£8M could be enough to secure both players actually.

[quote author=Fabio Alrighty-o link=topic=26297.msg1100012#msg1100012 date=1273134503]
I love the khl updates 😀
[/quote]
*manhugs fabio alrighty-o relentlessly*

[quote author=KHL link=topic=26297.msg1100161#msg1100161 date=1273144230]
[quote author=Fabio Alrighty-o link=topic=26297.msg1100012#msg1100012 date=1273134503]
I love the khl updates 😀
[/quote]
[/quote]

Bromance :laugh:

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=26297.msg1100197#msg1100197 date=1273146178]
[quote author=KHL link=topic=26297.msg1100161#msg1100161 date=1273144230]
I love the khl updates 😀
[/quote]
[/quote]

Bromance :laugh:
[/quote]
Exactly.

We could all use a bit of that after this season I'm sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom