• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will prompt more headlines, provoke Whelan to respond and keep the whole silly saga going. It also lacks class and is gratuitously insulting when a simple and dignified rebuttal was all that was needed.

Perhaps so, but I think Whelan's month of gobbing off him the press deserved a "fuck you" and I'm glad he got one.

He doesnt. If this is the one comment Ayre makes then its alright. If he responds to whatever gibberish Whelan comes up with then its not.

He doesnt. If this is the one comment Ayre makes then its alright. If he responds to whatever gibberish Whelan comes up with then its not.

Peter Robinson wouldn't have dreamed of saying something like that publicly. He also - even more pertinently - wouldn't have left Whelan to keep addressing the media in the first place - he would have contacted Whelan and told him to behave, and privately informed the relevant media figures that this was nonsense and the problem would have been nipped in the bud.

Personally I think that ass Whelan deserves a public dressing down for his behaviour. However the bit about John Bishop is childish to say the least.

It doesn't matter IMHO what Whelan deserved, or whether what Ayre said was funny. Saying it in public reduces us to Whelan's own level.

“I know there are three types of supporters at every club,” he said. “Number one is those who, no matter who the manager is, they love their club and they will love their manager because Liverpool is their life and their passion. The second group is supporters who will accept you but to earn their real respect you will have to be successful. That’s fine.

"The third group are the critics and you never change them ever. Ever. If you win 4-0 it should have been five, if you win the league you should have won three. I will never worry about that group because you can never affect them.

"I only want to work with the people who love the club. I have always had good relations with the media and with the supporters. I’m open and honest. I understand that not everybody will want me here. But that’s part of the dance.”

Every interview he gives, he's making me more and more positive. He's frank and honest and he seems to understand the views and demands of the fans too.

Every interview he gives, he's making me more and more positive. He's frank and honest and he seems to understand the views and demands of the fans too.

If he manages the team as well as he talks, he'll be some Manager. His interviews have been passionate and gritty, no wonder some are comparing his views with Shankly's.

If he manages the team as well as he talks, he'll be some Manager. His interviews have been passionate and gritty, no wonder some are comparing his views with Shankly's.

Yeah, there's only one place his talking will ultimately matter, but he's impressing me so far.

“I know there are three types of supporters at every club,” he said. “Number one is those who, no matter who the manager is, they love their club and they will love their manager because Liverpool is their life and their passion. The second group is supporters who will accept you but to earn their real respect you will have to be successful. That’s fine.

"The third group are the critics and you never change them ever. Ever. If you win 4-0 it should have been five, if you win the league you should have won three. I will never worry about that group because you can never affect them.

"I only want to work with the people who love the club. I have always had good relations with the media and with the supporters. I’m open and honest. I understand that not everybody will want me here. But that’s part of the dance.”
i think I am in the 2nd group, although I'd like to think I am in the first group, although my attitude to Kenny before left suggests not.

Im in group one baby and Brendan makes me fucking hard.
I LOVE this guy.
Hes fucking so powerful. He demands respect with his every utterance. I cant wait to see him interviewed in the press next year. I am stupidly, childishly, gayly excited and optimistic about next season with no reason other than the fact this guy seems like THE guy.

Im in group one baby and Brendan makes me fucking hard.
I LOVE this guy.
Hes fucking so powerful. He demands respect with his every utterance. I cant wait to see him interviewed in the press next year. I am stupidly, childishly, gayly excited and optimistic about next season with no reason other than the fact this guy seems like THE guy.

You've a new recruit to Dumbledores Army...get me in there!

I reckon no one will admit to being in the third group, but quite a few are. I'm somewhere between the first and second groups myself.

I think we must be the only fans who get so excited because a manager is performs well in the media. It's just below winning matches in our priority level!

Depends on the manager doesn't it, ` with Ged I was in group 2, Rafa in group 1, Roy in group 3, Roberto Martinez in Group 3, Brendan in group 2.

I think we must be the only fans who get so excited because a manager is performs well in the media. It's just below winning matches in our priority level!
Thats because since Roy Evans was our boss ALL of them have been at stages laughable, childish, ignorant, arrogant and just plain fucking shite in the media.

a real test for the group 1 fan is whether they adored and loved roy hodgson throughout his reign as our manager - I can't see many passing that test.

saw this on the swansea forum, some interesting answers

o Brendan was giving a talk in Northern Ireland, and I'd already paid weeks ago, so I thought I'd go down anyway. If only for some sort of closure. I've transcribed the Q&A - and tried to put it in some sort of order (ie the first question he had was who is he planning on signing for Liverpool) he did for anybody who's interested. I've also got the full audio of it (although not great quality) if anybody wants that. There were a few Swansea questions, but most of the audience ended up being Liverpool from what I could tell.

Was it hard for you to leave Swansea?
Of course it was hard. Of course it was. I've grown to truly love not only the team I had, but the city and the people of the city. They treated me well when I was there, and I believe I did the same for them.

So why did you leave?
I've always said - always - that I'm not the type to chase money. That wasn't a factor in my decision. I've always outlined that I have a career plan, and Liverpool is my next step in that. They're a step to the overall goal.

What is the overall goal?
If I told you that I'd have to kill you!
No, really, it's no secret. I want to win things. I suppose every manager does. I believe I can do that with Liverpool, or at least give myself the platform to show that I'm capable of doing that. That's the thing, even just being at a club like Liverpool gives you the platform to show what you can do. You have greater exposure. It puts you in the shop window so to speak, rather than in the warehouse.

What attracted you to Liverpool
It's the shop window, as I said. When I was with Watford I was the same manager I was with Swansea. Maybe a few less wrinkles! Being at Swansea - in the Premier League - was a platform. Being at Liverpool is an even bigger platform. They're a great, historical club.

What do you think you're capable of achieving with Liverpool?
I think I'm capable of giving the team a defined style of play, that they've lacked for a couple of years really. You look at teams like Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham even Stoke, Swansea - you know how they play, and more importantly they know how they play. I don't know what's gone on before I came here, but it's football management at it's most basic. That will be the first thing I look to implement.

What players are you looking forward to working with?
All of them. I know that sounds like a cop out answer, but it's true. There's a danger when you start elevating one player's importance above the others. You've seen that in the England National team and you even saw that at Liverpool last year, which I won't get into.

What style of play will you be looking to use?
I don't consider it a style of play. It's an ethos. We'll be looking to play with our brains, not our hearts. Intelligence is key for me. Ball retention, team play - nobody looking to be a hero. It goes back to elevating one player. You look at Barcelona, and even Messi is fighting for the team - not for himself. Football is very much a team game, and anybody who doesn't realise that will not play for me. That's one thing that's not negotiable for me.

Can you ever see yourself coming back to Swansea?
Swansea will always have a place in my heart.

One the final question, he pretty much refused to answer it. He just kept repeating the 'place in my heart' answer.

He was also asked about Gylfi, and about transfers in general, but refused to comment on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom