• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sal-ittihad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what did you expect - it's a book by a footballer about football. Now if you were to buy Lijnders' book ...

I didn't expect much to be honest, but when the most headline-worthy part is one player not really liking another player, but them still being ultra-professional and continuing to work together fine, that's duller than most.

At least some footballing autobiographies have a bit of drink, drugs and violence. The ones from the 80s anyway.

Well what did you expect - it's a book by a footballer about football. Now if you were to buy Lijnders' book ...

I did.

Haven’t read it yet - I thought there’d be more pretty pictures in it to look at.

I didn't expect much to be honest, but when the most headline-worthy part is one player not really liking another player, but them still being ultra-professional and continuing to work together fine, that's duller than most.

At least some footballing autobiographies have a bit of drink, drugs and violence. The ones from the 80s anyway.
Didn’t realise Merson had done one

Brentford manager giving Mo the respect many of his own fans don’t show him.

Great to see.

All he said was that his numbers were amongst the best in the world, none of his own fans would deny that statement....it's factual. But the difference is Thomas Frank isn't a Liverpool fan and doesn't watch every Liverpool game from start to end (well I'm pretty sure he doesn't anyway) so he won't be aware of the times Salah frustrates and we all know now in the world we live in, all it takes in a few silly decisions, silly misses, keeping errors or whatever it may be to draw criticism.....something which no player in the world, past or present is immune to.

Once his career is over, the criticism is over.....then you have time to think and reflect. Every single fan will have him in their greatest XI, he will forever be remembered as one of our greatest goalscorers and a player of very few in his era that consistently produced the numbers he has.

All he said was that his numbers were amongst the best in the world, none of his own fans would deny that statement....it's factual. But the difference is Thomas Frank isn't a Liverpool fan and doesn't watch every Liverpool game from start to end (well I'm pretty sure he doesn't anyway) so he won't be aware of the times Salah frustrates and we all know now in the world we live in, all it takes in a few silly decisions, silly misses, keeping errors or whatever it may be to draw criticism.....something which no player in the world, past or present is immune to.

Once his career is over, the criticism is over.....then you have time to think and reflect. Every single fan will have him in their greatest XI, he will forever be remembered as one of our greatest goalscorers and a player of very few in his era that consistently produced the numbers he has.

Sounds like about every top striker we had ever…

Sounds like about every top striker we had ever…

Salah is operating in the space just below King Kenny, Rush, and Gerrard as one of our greatest of the great. If signs another contract and continues performing at this level for another 2-3 years, he deserves to be talked alongside them. In stature, performance, contribution, and importance he is above Torres, Suarez, Owen, and Fowler and every other striker we had since Rush.

I wouldn't be too hard on Hendo He gave great service to the club and left just about the right time when the writing was on the wall. He didn't over stay his welcome and we got 10/20 mil.
I wasn't commenting on his playing record

Salah is operating in the space just below King Kenny, Rush, and Gerrard as one of our greatest of the great. If signs another contract and continues performing at this level for another 2-3 years, he deserves to be talked alongside them. In stature, performance, contribution, and importance he is above Torres, Suarez, Owen, and Fowler and every other striker we had since Rush.

Can’t disagree with that.
Every top player we have had since had parts of their which has always been questioned but obviously offset by the rest of their brilliance.
Pls not another contract to Salah, otherwise the front page of SCM would be profilerated by how much a greedy bugger he is like last season :)

He also said he’s probably the best player in the league.

He also said he’s probably the best player in the league.

Jesus Dreamie… you alway have to dial it up to “12”!!!

“One of” and everyone with half a functioning brain agrees with you - it’s like you actively want people to call you names!!!

In any case - he’s no Ryan Fraser.

this was 3 seasons ago and he was available for £15m and he was seen as an impact sub

I'm not going to criticise a backup option for a reasonable fee. Traore is shite however.

I do wish we had a rw backup for Salah on any of his seasons though. His fitness is phenomenal, he needed a break every now and then though

I'm not going to criticise a backup option for a reasonable fee. Traore is shite however.

I do wish we had a rw backup for Salah on any of his seasons though. His fitness is phenomenal, he needed a break every now and then though
Arguably the greatest I’ve ever seen.

binomial was his biggest fan, no?
Eh?

A fan of his biceps maybe, that’s about it. I fail to see who would be a fan of someone that scores an average of 2 goals a season. Would’ve been a decent player to bring in on a free to play a wingback type role but not the type that’d start any non cup games for a club with ambition. We need a player with skill and high IQ mixed with tenacity and a goal scorers instinct of which Adama has none of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom