• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah-ng, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
There it is - that’s what it takes to play in a Klopp forward line.

I know everyone, sell included, loves it when we sign new players, but I think our strategy of only signing the “right” players - as in, ones that fit the profile, have the skills base and the stats to back it up, for what can be integrated into our team.

You see who easily Diaz had slotted in - it’s because he fast, can score, technically good, can use either feet (are we sure he’s not Argentinian), intelligent, fit, looks like he can follow instructions, but most of all is willing to work his balls off.

There are hosts of good players that would fail spectacularly in a Klopp team.

The Lewandowski that Bayern signed 8 odd years ago… would have been amazing.

The interesting thing about Diaz is that Klopp has said they arent giving him much instructions. Just letting him play his natural game while adapting.
Thats how good a player he is and how good a fit he is for this team.

I’m not in to making predictions - too many of you will have to be sacrificed if I do - and my personal anti jinx mantra means I need to be very careful about posting in the “prematch thread” and never during games… but!!!!!

Here’s one prediction for you.

At least once between now and the end of the season, Mo is going to pick up the ball on the right of the penalty area, cut outside the defender and lash a shot with his left that won’t go narrowly wide, clip the post, get tipped past by the keeper or smothered by a lunging defender… but will fly like a fucking missile into the top corner.

I know which game I think it’ll happen in… and it’s my preference it happens in this game.

I can say no more… but it is going to happen - I have forseen it!!!

I’m not in to making predictions - too many of you will have to be sacrificed if I do - and my personal anti jinx mantra means I need to be very careful about posting in the “prematch thread” and never during games… but!!!!!

At least once between now and the end of the season, Mo is going to pick up the ball on the right of the penalty area, cut outside the defender and lash a shot with his left that won’t go narrowly wide, clip the post, get tipped past by the keeper or smothered by a lunging defender… but will fly like a fucking missile into the top corner.

I know which game I think it’ll happen in… and it’s my preference it happens in this game.

Law of averages means that’ll happen. He’s missed the last 309 attempts.

Law of averages means that’ll happen. He’s missed the last 309 attempts.

Well… I’m not Nostradamus… clearly… but I’m taking an awful risk subverting the force like this…,

If you don’t hear from me in a couple of weeks, it means I vanished, while my work clothes of cheap shorts and 5 year old t-shirt with holes in it simply fell to floor… and remained in a heap!!!

Next season, I May return with a “Ready Brek” glow around my body… but be I can no longer interfere.

This will be my last use of the force…..

Well done @StevieM. You fucked Mo

I should have kept my mouth shut - strong in the jinx am I.

I need to figure out how to use it against City!!!

So, with Salah increasingly likely to fuck off, let's do everyone's favourite type of thread; hypothetical transfers!

PSG decide to fork over 80mil of their finest bloodstained pounds; who we getting?

Raphinha? Adeyemi? Isak? Antony?

Do you go up market for 1 signing? Or try and spread the wealth to improve a couple of weak areas?

I think he will stay

De Bruyne got player of the season. How many player of the season awards are there exactly for the PL?

I know about the football writers and the PFA player of the season voted by the players.

De Bruyne got player of the season. How many player of the season awards are there exactly for the PL?

I know about the football writers and the PFA player of the season voted by the players.
For consistency, it should have been Son.

Who cares? The Club has two of the ones I somewhat care about, and on Sunday, we will see if we can get the 3rd.

So this looks like he's going to run down his contract.

Understandable but the worst outcome for us unfortunately :(

You should have called it a day after your StevieM pic.
I don't think there needs to be any bitterness that he wants to stay, he sad that all long. I'd hold off calling him to "fuck-off" until the final is over and the club has revealed ts position

I don't think players running down their contract is as big a deal as it used to be due to their wages being a higher percentage of overall cost.

I don't think players running down their contract is as big a deal as it used to be due to their wages being a higher percentage of overall cost.
It’s a massive deal as it takes away transfer fees and sucks money away from the sport. At least with buying players that money will have knock on effects throughout the football pyramid.

The owners seem oddly relaxed about players' contracts running out and them leaving for free. It's happened a few times.

Okay, none of them were anywhere near as good or as valuable as Salah, but still, a good few years ago it seemed like it was something that had to be avoided at all cost.

If he performs like he did for the first half of the season then it's fine he stays.

The owners seem oddly relaxed about players' contracts running out and them leaving for free. It's happened a few times.

Okay, none of them were anywhere near as good or as valuable as Salah, but still, a good few years ago it seemed like it was something that had to be avoided at all cost.
It could help achieve the same model in the US and do away with transfers.

It’s a massive deal as it takes away transfer fees and sucks money away from the sport. At least with buying players that money will have knock on effects throughout the football pyramid.

I'm not arguing whether its good or not, I'm saying there will be different strategies that develop, and within this, letting players go on a free may be more reasonable.

I really hope he doesn't go down the same psychodrama route as Mbappe and make it all about him. Didn't think he'd be the type to do that.
Of course you could also read this as meaning there are no decent offers on the table for him this summer, and that doesn't necessarily mean there will be next summer either (when he'll be 31).
Finally, this running down the contract business is eventually going to catch a big-name player out - career-threatening injury in the last year of your contract? Good luck finding a club who'll pay you the big bucks you want with that hanging over you.

Its defo not good for us as effectively we pay £100mil extra in return for his services for a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom