• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Santi Cazorla on Liverpool's radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Original article from AS: http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/cazorla-objetivo-liverpool-enero/20101216dasdasftb_3/Tes

Missed a large chunk of last season through injuries.

09/10: 24 app, 5 goals, 2 assists
10/11: 15 app, 4 goals, 4 assists

Last para in the original article translates as Hodgson eyeing him as a key XI player and hoping the Spanish factor in Reina and Torres will swing things our way.

Liverpool have made Villarreal midfielder Santi Cazorla their prime transfer target in the January transfer window, according to reports from Spain.

AS comments that the Spanish international, who has been instrumental in the Yellow Submarines’ rise to third spot in La Liga this season.

His performances have not gone unnoticed on Merseyside, with Reds boss Roy Hodgson looking to strengthen the team by tempting Cazorla to the Premier League.

The 26-year-old has never hidden his desire to play at a bigger club, with Real Madrid and Barcelona linked with him two years ago, and may be interesting in a move to the illustrious Anfield outfit.

Despite missing the World Cup through injury, Cazorla has returned to the fold under Vicente Del Bosque, and given the presence of Spain colleagues Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina at Liverpool, the move may appeal should terms be agreed.

Decent little player but if we are watching Villareal then i hope our scouts are telling whoever is in fucking charge of our sinking ship that Rossi is a wonderful little player and need to play with Torres. Cani was born to play prem football to but he is getting on i think.

Slug is always raving about Santi.

How is playing since his leg break?

He's having a good season. Hes not that injury prone, just the leg break, back in the spanish squad as well. He's quite creative and I think he'd add a lot...provided he settles quickly!

An injury ravaged CM.

What could possibly go wrong? That said, any midfielder who can get a cap for Spain must be pretty talented.

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=43195.msg1234432#msg1234432 date=1292509787]
He's having a good season. Hes not that injury prone, just the leg break, back in the spanish squad as well. He's quite creative and I think he'd add a lot...provided he settles quickly!
[/quote]

hmmmm

cisse.jpg

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=43195.msg1234443#msg1234443 date=1292516225]
An injury ravaged CM.

What could possibly go wrong? That said, any midfielder who can get a cap for Spain must be pretty talented.
[/quote]

He not a cm he's a winger and he's not injury prone he just broke his leg badly last season and is back to his best form this year which shows the brreak hasnt effected him!! Im not in the habit of repeating myself so i wont be saying it again! Peter Cech got his head broken once..does that make him injury prone?? No!

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=43195.msg1234453#msg1234453 date=1292518868]
[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=43195.msg1234443#msg1234443 date=1292516225]
An injury ravaged CM.

[/quote]

He not a cm he's a winger and he's not injury prone he just broke his leg badly last season and is back to his best form this year which shows the brreak hasnt effected him!! Im not in the habit of repeating myself so i wont be saying it again! Peter Cech got his head broken once..does that make him injury prone?? No!
[/quote]

Yeah, his past records certainly don't look like one of an injury prone player. And he's been one of their few ever-present player in league games. That said, he's their captain and given how well they've done in the league thus far, it'll be a surprise if we manage to prise him away in the Jan window.

Video for a slow day: recent performances vs. Bilbao and Barca
Santi Cazorla vs Athletic Bilbao 10/11 By Zouzinho
Santi Cazorla vs Barcelona 10/11 By Zouzinho

I got as far as the end of the first video and after seeing that at least 50% of his passes were misplaced, gave up.

He looks like a smug little cunt as well.

No thanks.

He's an excellent player, I'd sign him in a heartbeat. Pacey, great ability and can score a goal.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=43195.msg1234474#msg1234474 date=1292523184]
I got as far as the end of the first video and after seeing that at least 50% of his passes were misplaced, gave up.

No thanks.
[/quote]

Its hard not to misplace a pass against barca. Even madrid had a nightmare! And if him being or appearing smug is the reason you don't like him then your clutching at straws! Half our squad are smug!!

He looks a good footballer, although is passing is a bit erratic in both videos.

I'm not sure we need him though. If we're going to continue in the 4-4-2 system we should get some wingers who will get some white paint marks on their boots.

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=43195.msg1234477#msg1234477 date=1292524351]
[quote author=Buddha link=topic=43195.msg1234474#msg1234474 date=1292523184]

No thanks.
[/quote]

Its hard not to misplace a pass against barca. Even madrid had a nightmare! And if him being or appearing smug is the reason you don't like him then your clutching at straws! Half our squad are mugs!!
[/quote]

corrected.

"It's on my radar"

I fucking hate when people say that.

Of course it only ever happens in a work/business related sense but anyway. It's a horrible, shite saying. Only bettered (or worsed) by the execrable...

"Let's touch base."

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU CUNTS.

This thread has turned pathetic......granted, ive always had a soft touch for Santiago, but our current bunch of shit has us lingering halfway down the league, yet we still find time to belittle a player that may have the talent to lift us out of our current situation. And thats while most of the cunts commenting on this thread have never even seen him play.......fuck, squiggles even called him an injury prone central midfielder halfway up the thread....who were you expecting...aquilani?? When he's neither injury prone nor a central midfielder, if half the cunts on this forum started actually lifting their heads out of their arses and started watching european football, they may actually be able to identify the players that may be able to help us going forward instead of lingering on the past!!

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=43195.msg1234680#msg1234680 date=1292557902]
This thread has turned pathetic......granted, ive always had a soft touch for Santiago, but our current bunch of shit has us lingering halfway down the league, yet we still find time to belittle a player that may have the talent to lift us out of our current situation. And thats while most of the cunts commenting on this thread have never even seen him play.......fuck, squiggles even called him an injury prone central midfielder halfway up the thread....who were you expecting...aquilani?? When he's neither injury prone nor a central midfielder, if half the cunts on this forum started actually lifting their heads out of their arses and started watching european football, they may actually be able to identify the players that may be able to help us going forward instead of lingering on the past!!
[/quote]

I was half joking.

Get over yourself. I don't know why you're acting prick over this. It doesn't suit you.

The problem with Cazorla or someone like him is that we'd be adding yet another player who needs to operate in a decent passing team that can keep possession. Spot the problem.

It's dreadful having to say the same thing year in year out because it never changes... we need a couple pacey players that can beat defenders, make things happen on their own and create space for others.

What we don't need is another Maxi type player unless it's part of some larger recruitment drive to make us much much better.

Cazorla actually has pace though, unlike the other players we have in those positions.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=43195.msg1234696#msg1234696 date=1292566409]
[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=43195.msg1234680#msg1234680 date=1292557902]
[/quote]

I was half joking.

Get over yourself. I don't know why you're acting prick over this. It doesn't suit you.
[/quote]

Yeah your right....apologies. Next time though I would ask that you at least know what position a player plays in before you start joking! Was about 12 bottles of cider deep at the time ;)

LIVERPOOL are weighing up an £18million raid for Villarreal playmaker Santi Cazorla.

Kop goalkeeper Pepe Reina has sung the praises of the 33-times capped Spain international to manager Kenny Dalglish and director of football Damien Comolli.

The Reds are still keen to strengthen their midfield, despite signing Jordan Henderson, and 26-year-old Cazorla is on their radar.

MALAGA, SHAKHTAR DONETSK and NAPOLI have already offered £13m for a player with a mammoth £28m release clause in his contract – and Liverpool hope to tempt Villarreal with their higher bid.

i mentioned in another thread that i would love to sign this guy but £18m seems a bit step .Then again if rumours are to be believed, we're going slightly mental on fees (£22m hijack for jones !!!) .....so 18m is about right !!

Only concern is if he can play out wide , not sure if he plays more central and well we've more than enough of them

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=43195.msg1347696#msg1347696 date=1307846685]
i mentioned in another thread that i would love to sign this guy but £18m seems a bit step .Then again if rumours are to be believed, we're going slightly mental on fees (£22m hijack for jones !!!) .....so 18m is about right !!

Only concern is if he can play out wide , not sure if he plays more central and well we've more than enough of them
[/quote]

Nah he plays wide Zep. He can play central when Villareal have injury worries, as their squads a bit thin :) Hope this is true...I've liked him for years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom