• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Scouting: Luciano Vietto

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, if this is going too much like the Eriksen love-in previously, please feel free to lock the thread and I won't mention him again. :D

Well Sterling is at least strong for his size, maybe Vietto is too, but he doesn't particularly look like he would be, and even then I still think his lack of presence goes against him as a striker.

Lallana and Coutinho you accept a bit more because they're playing in creative roles where you generally have to sacrifice a bit of size for the skill and nimbleness of smaller players.

I dunno, he looks a good player and I'd be happy to sign him, but that would be a misgiving.

I think that was also what concerned you as well with Wilson's chances with us, if I remember correctly. A very reasonable concern I've got to admit.

Both Vietto and Dybala look like good, technical players, but I don't see superstar written over either of them.

I don't think their physical attributes are particularly outstanding, and they're not otherwordly skilled to compensate.

I'd focus all our attentions on Lacazette if we want to sign a striker this summer.

I'd focus all our attentions on Lacazette if we want to sign a striker this summer.

I don't know much about Lacazette other than his impressive goal record and the attention he's getting in the media - I just wonder if this is a player we have a realistic chance of landing at all, or if it's really a no-go whether we make the CL or not, and if we should just refocus elsewhere early.

The main opponent we'll face in the summer in the acquisition of strikers are the Mancs, whom I'm pretty sure will be splashing to replace Falcao, and also to find a successor to Van Persie. Even if they ended the season without CL again, their commercial sponsorships should allow them to still attract players, using the larger paychecks they can offer as enticement (at least for now). Then there's Chelsea, who will want a replacement for Drogba, and Wenger, who has got the inside track on French players, though I don't know if he'll still add a striker. Will City buy another striker? That's possible too, and they have the advantage of both CL and buying power.

Spurs and Southampton will shop in a different tier of market as these big guns, so while they need strikers, they probably won't be in the running.

I'm all for an established striker to partner Sturridge or rotate with him as the lead striker. Just not sure how many are available out there in the summer, and what the realistic chances are.

You're right, we'll definitely have competition for him. You're also right that there aren't many established strikers out there in the market. Other players we should look at are Icardi and Aubameyang - though again I don't know how easy it would be to prise either.

You're right, we'll definitely have competition for him. You're also right that there aren't many established strikers out there in the market. Other players we should look at are Icardi and Aubameyang - though again I don't know how easy it would be to prise either.

Memphis Depay appears to be having a good season for PSV

There's still something that doesn't quite convince me about Lacazette, although I'm sure it's my problem and not his. Whereas Vietto's got that Torres like poise and elegance, and Dybala loads of skill and flair, Lacazette just seems a bit, well, dull, and economical. I suppose as long as he's economically finishing chances with tedious regularity, as he certainly has been, you can't ask for any more.

Still, though. My gut instinct is Dybala has a significantly higher ceiling.

PSG are after Lacazette, and going by Aulas comments he'll cost a fucking fortune.
We wont get him imho, sadly.

If we had moved for him early last summer we might have gotten him for the same fee we paid for Balotelli.

He is a right footed, left sided winger / forward sort of thing. He's not a striker but he is top scorer in the Eredivisie and a large part of PSV running away with the title this year.

I really like Depay, but we already have players of similar ilk in Ibe, Sterling and Markovic. We need an out-and-out striker with pace. I hope we're in the hunt for all 3 of Vietto, Dybala and Lacazette and end up getting one of them (hopefully the one who will turn out the best of the lot!).

Couple of clips of Dybala in games. I might be biased, but there's something about his attitude in the game which I really dislike. He looks like a divey, playacting prima donna to me. A fanciful, skilful one though, but my, does his face look immensely punchable. In contrast, Vietto comes across as the more down-to-earth though less flashy striker.

I actually stopped watching the Roma clip after the 100th time of him rolling around clutching his knees or ankles. The Argentinian Drogba.

Dybala vs Torino

Dybala vs Roma

I think that was also what concerned you as well with Wilson's chances with us, if I remember correctly. A very reasonable concern I've got to admit.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I said that. My big misgiving with Wilson has always been the way he consistently fails to dominate matches, despite being the most talented player in most games he plays. I was reading something the other day about how that's almost a talent in itself among young players - having that character of wanting to assert yourself on the pitch - and that it really marks out the special players. It chimed with me because I've thought that about Wilson for a while.

I'm on the fence with him as to whether he'll make it. All the talent you could ever ask for, but has he got the personality of players like Ibe or Ojo? Maybe. It's very early days for him, of course.

How is Dybala's face punchable ? I actually think he's quite a good-looking lad. A bit like the Rodriguez.

I dunno; sometimes some faces just don't look right to you, but it's fine for others. Maybe because I got tired of seeing him rolling around and it just built up. :D

I've no problem with James' face, for the record.

Found a clip of his moments against Real Madrid. For those who didn't want to sit through the 30 minutes of the second half in the link I shared yesterday:

According to AS he has a 10 mill € release clause and his agent has said we are interested.

The Villarreal chairman apparently says his buyout clause is 20m Euros, about £14.5m.

Looks like a bargain to me.

They took a chance on him after he had a meh season at Racing Club, so fair play to them for picking up a 15m euro profit (or nearly 3x his buying price) after just one season.

I think they're cash-strapped, so a sale will help the club. It'll also free up more minutes for their other striker, the 23-year-old Gerard Moreno, whom Vietto assisted for the equalizer in the recent game against Real Madrid. Came through their reserves and has 13 goals (mostly in the cups) and 4 assists in 24 games across all competitions, but in only 1,650 minutes played (a goal every 127 mins). That's actually pretty impressive - Vietto has 18 and 8 across all games and 2,197 minutes, which is a goal every 122 mins. Moreno was on loan to Mallorca in the 2nd division last season (11 goals, 7 assists).

Reactions: C/O
He's not good looking, and isn't a finished product, so maybe they don't / won't. Atletico Madrid, on the other hand, will work well for him. Simeone gave him his big break in Racing Club, and Vietto's a pacy, hardworking striker who will fit them. I've mentioned before that he reminds me of Torres, so there you go. Not sure if Atletico still has room to fit in another striker though.

Luciano Vietto on Real Madrid's radar, says his agent

Former Racing de Avellanada striker has had an oustanding first season in Europe and plenty of clubs are eyeing his signature.
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Tuenti

• ico_imprimir.gif
Comentar
AS.COM
3 de marzo de 2015 14:23
1425388819_533908_1425389004_noticia_normal.jpg
AmpliarLuciano Vietto and Pepe in action at the Bernabéu. | JESUS RUBIO
Luciano Vietto's astronomical rise to prominence has got club presidents the length and breadth of Spain fingering their cheque books. After less than a season in Europe the 21-year-old Villarreal striker is not short of suitors after hitting 11 league goals for his side. The former Racing de Avellanada player has left plenty of observers open-mouthed this season and his performance at the Bernabéu on Sunday night hasapparently excited the interest of Real Madrid.
According to Vietto's agent, Jorge Cyterszpiler, Florentino Pérez has joined the chase for the forward. "We know that a lot of bug clubs are watching Luciano Vietto. There is a lot of competition for him. He could sign for Liverpool, we know that he is admired by the Reds, as well as Real Madrid and two Bundesliga clubs. I think he could leave Villarreal in the summer," said Cyterszpiler at a public event.
Vietto's release clause stands at 10 million euros, which is well within the range of the league's big clubs. Real Madrid have been combing the market for some time for a player to give Karim Benzema a bit of competition at the Bernabéu and Vietto's name has risen swiftly to the top of the list.

He would be mad for choosing Real Madrid in terms of long term development.

Illarmendi, Canales - barely got a look in, development stagnated ... then you have someone like Alvaro Morata who did well when called up, a good striker to have in the squad yet was still shipped off to Juventus.

They then replace him with Javier Hernandez, who has struggled, and what has been the clubs response? They actually stated they made a mistake in signing him. Who the fuck says that publically?! No respect towards the player, basically thrown him to the vultures.

Alonso, Ozil, Di Maria - did so much for the club and yet were treated like utter shite and discarded.

Dortmund would be another favourable destination for him, if they felt hey can't afford to continue next season with Ramos and Immobile as two of their forwards (Immobile - 3 goals in 15 league games; Ramos - 2 in 15).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom