• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Six Nations 2018

56-14 with ten minutes left.

Conan had a great first half, Leavy is everywhere. Porter looks like a genuine option at tighthead.
Stockdale is a real threat with ball in hand.

But two bad injuries to Furlong and Henshaw will temper the optimism though.

Wales 12-3 down with a kickable penalty opt to kick to the corner.

I hope this works for them

Glad it didn't. :cool:

My first thought was that Wales were hard done by over the "no try" decision but I can see why the TMO wouldn't give it. Anscombe got only his fingertips to it and one can understand a TMO being chary of deciding there was definite downward pressure.

You were far from being the only one, Bernd, and BTW they're still capable of coming up with a big performance somewhere along the line and putting the skids under anybody. That's the kind of side they are and have been for years.

As I was saying.... ;)

Nah, Wales have a habit of beating us here.
And we have only beat Italy as we should and scraped past a poor but improving French side.

And we're missing too many players

10-5 Wales. We've been on top overall but a good turnover and subsequent possession from Wales puts them ahead

Yeah it was.
Wales stayed in the game with limited possession, when they did go wide they gave us serious problems. I wonder do they regret kicking so much.

I don't get Ross Moriarty but i was surprised at how good Shingler and particularly Navidi were in the back row. Presumably they wouldn't get a look in if the first choice back row was available.

For us Chris Farrell was a lovely surprise. I was impressed by the youngsters in the pack too - Ryan, Porter and Leavy.

I didn't see the later game. Can't believe England were beaten

Oops. The Jockoes have always been periodic party-poopers who can produce a top performance during a poor run and it was our turn yesterday.

The call against Launchbury which scrubbed Care's breakaway in the first half was a bad one but England, who had started the match too cocky and paid for it, should have used the incident as a wake-up call and failed to do so. Scotland still had to go on and win the match, and they were full value in the end.

There was a group of English fans beside us shouting abuse about the gay ref.

Naturally we gave a louder than normal cheer when Scotland won, just to wind them up a bit.

In that second half it looked like Nigel Owens was looking for any excuse to penalize the English......Best referee in world rugby!

Oops. The Jockoes have always been periodic party-poopers who can produce a top performance during a poor run and it was our turn yesterday.

The call against Launchbury which scrubbed Care's breakaway in the first half was a bad one but England, who had started the match too cocky and paid for it, should have used the incident as a wake-up call and failed to do so. Scotland still had to go on and win the match, and they were full value in the end.
Owens had a bad alround game, however the two crucial decisions he got spot on.

Launchbury was off his feet. You can't touch the ground with your knees, then go back into an A frame to get the ball.

Lawes by the laws of the game, was a knock on. I dont like it. As accidental knock on should be allowed in my opinion, but it was a knock on.

Anyways, fuck it. Allow the jocks to release there once in a decade DVD.

Irelands to lose now.

I was really worried about the Wales fixture- they're always up for it against us, and with the number of inexperienced players we had to bring in, it had danger signs all over the place. Hopefully we get a few back for the game against Scotland who will want to prove the England result wasn't a flash in the pan.

England were really poor against Scotland, who played ALL the rugby in the first half, and deserved the result for a disciplined and committed second half. I'm not a big fan of Owens, nor ever have been actually, but like Nomad I think those big calls that 'cost' England were good decisions. I have to say, Scotland are showing some of the benefits of having leaner nimbler players as well as battering rams in the team, especially at centre.

Damn. Irish centre Farrell injured in training. Likely to miss the rest of the 6 nations. Sheesh. Going through centres rightly here. Ringrose next up probably.

Well, next weekend should be fun, St Patrick's day and Ireland guaranteed the championship.

Shitting myself about tomorrow. Can this team grasp history? England have been poor, but I know they'll turn up tomorrow and give us a game. Chance for a third GS in our history. Please do it Ireland. England haven't had a great game, but actually, neither have Ireland. We haven't played our best game yet, and I hope tomorrow is the day.

What has been wrong with England so far ?

It won't be easy today but you have to like our chances.

I thought Ringrose might struggle defensively last week after a long break out and he didn't at all. He was his usual self in attack - he's my idea of what a 13 needs to be: quick, agile with the ability to hit the outside or step around people.

Stockdale is still a bit inconsistent in his defensive decision making but that might sound harsh given he's scored two interception tries in the last two games. I thought the combination of Stockdale and Ringrose might be targeted but they held firm.

Nobody really ever talks about our pack, because they just get the job done week in week out. But we're absolutely battering teams up front on a consistent basis. Nobody is talking about how much we miss Heaslip and O'Brien in the back row, because the players who have come in have been top notch.
We all predicted that the retirements of POC and BOD would be the beginning of the end for our golden period but we're looking fine right now.

I think this game today comes down to a kick in the last few minutes.

Great game all to play for.

Did well to hold out with 14 there only conceding one try

Super first half.

What a finish by Stockdale - impeded by two players and still gets it down

Back
Top Bottom