• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So Bournemouth (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice play from Coutinho there. Turned them inside out, unfortunately shot was blocked.

Any midfielder we have that will turn on receiving the ball and move/pass into space (play football) is worthy of your love.

This is good now.

I think it's Cloggy that tends to make the point that Rodgers isn't really that interested in playing a DM and it seems to ring true. Rodgers sees Gerrard as someone who can orchestrate play rather than someone who will break it up.

I can't really identify with this idea that Gerrard has offered very little in the last 5 years to the point that I'm not quite sure where to begin with it. That's why I didn't address it in my last post. And to compare him to one of the worst midfielders we've ever had at the club in Diao is surely just needless sensationalism.

He has declined, as you say, and he needs to be managed better as a result.

I hear you and I'm not saying that he is the worst midfielder. Not at all. I'm saying that as a DM, when we are off the ball he is one of the worst defensive midfielders we have ever employed. That's hardly sensationalism? Compared to Hamann, Alonso, Lucas.

In regards to the point of not playing with a DM... I can only shake my head and say WTF... But looking at how we defend without Lucas on the pitch cloggy surely has some sort of point. Sadly...

When I say he had offered little it's in respect to what he brought in 09 and what he brought in 11 and forward. I think the decline is far greater than the average English person would be prepared to admit. In many ways he has hardly been more than a passenger in countless games the past 5 years. With the odd glimpse of pure class of course.

For me it will always be about the impact and few players had more than Gerrard the first 10 years of his career. But the decline has been underrated to an almost laughable degree in England.

Jordan Henderson has about the same capability of playing right wing as Jamie Carragher would.

Every single fucking time he gets it, it's controlled and passed straight back where it comes from. He is entirely redundant.

Fantastic goal

Great attacking play. Brilliant ball from Markovic and credit to Henderson aswell.

Made up for Sterling

We maintained possession for absolute ages there. I was hoping we ended it with a goal.

Jordan Henderson has about the same capability of playing right wing as Jamie Carragher would.

Every single fucking time he gets it, it's controlled and passed straight back where it comes from. He is entirely redundant.

Until he assists a goal that is...

I hear you and I'm not saying that he is the worst midfielder. Not at all. I'm saying that as a DM, when we are off the ball he is one of the worst defensive midfielders we have ever employed. That's hardly sensationalism? Compared to Hamann, Alonso, Lucas.

In regards to the point of not playing with a DM... I can only shake my head and say WTF... But looking at how we defend without Lucas on the pitch cloggy surely has some sort of point. Sadly...

When I say he had offered little it's in respect to what he brought in 09 and what he brought in 11 and forward. I think the decline is far greater than the average English person would be prepared to admit. In many ways he has hardly been more than a passenger in countless games the past 5 years. With the odd glimpse of pure class of course.

For me it will always be about the impact and few players had more than Gerrard the first 10 years of his career. But the decline has been underrated to an almost laughable degree in England.

It's also coincided with the collapse of the team as a whole though which you don't seem to be factoring into the equation.

Anyways probably a discussion for a separate thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom