• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So, Plymouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we change the team a bit, and include a couple more first team regulars who can craft more openings, because in the first game against Plymouth, our guile was missing

Karius
Clyne if fit
Matip
Gomez
Moreno
Henderson
Can
Ejaria
Woodburn
Sturridge
Coutinho

Echo confirming a similar team to the previous game against Plymouth, but with Sturridge set to start.
Lucas is a fitness doubt.

Lucas is a fitness doubt.

a-kopite.jpg

What happened to Brannagan?

Klopp agrees with Inglethorpe that Brannagan really needs to show what he can do playing at senior level every week, so it was decided to see who'll offer him a genuine chance to play on loan, and Bolton are close to getting him. That shouldn't have prevented him from figuring in the last cup game but I guess they feel he's not quite progressed as quickly as expected, although he's still highly rated. They want to push him a bit now.

Paul Joyce reporting that we're gonna play Matip in this one, and thrust a big fuck-you to Cameroon in the process.

Good. I get that there may be risks involved but IMO the greater risk is letting this drag on ad infinitum. If Cameroon and FIFA can't get their collective @rses into gear we have to force the issue, and be ready to drag them to the Court of Arbitration if they have the cheek to try and impose consequences.

Last edited:
Given that Harry Wilson didn't play for the ressies yesterday, hopefully he's going to figure this time. If you're going to play a youngster out wide, Wilson deserves it way more than Woodburn, whose strength at present, at this level, is his instinct for attacking space in the box and finishing chances. In the last game he was faffing about on the wing.

There's a reason why woodburn and Ojo are ahead of him. In the u23 games I've watched it just seems that he tries too hard. Dunno if it's right way to put it but it looked as if the captaincy has weighed him down somehow.
I haven't watched the last 3-4 games so maybe he's done better.
But from what I saw he wasn't anywhere close to being that super talent from two years ago.

Harry Wilson for the U23s this season: 28 apps 19 goals 9 assists

Speed of pass and movement is what will beat lower league teams, and with our usual team that's supposed to be our strength. We were horribly slow and obvious in that game, thus making sub-Allardyce-style negativity seem like something impressive. It doesn't help that the reserves tend to play practically in slow motion against generally physically unaggressive defenders who back off and give them space, so they need to be sent out tomorrow with a very clear sense of urgency. They can impress if they pick up the pace, and certainly Wilson's speed and cockiness will improve things.

Speed of pass and movement is what will beat lower league teams, and with our usual team that's supposed to be our strength. We were horribly slow and obvious in that game, thus making sub-Allardyce-style negativity seem like something impressive. It doesn't help that the reserves tend to play practically in slow motion against generally physically unaggressive defenders who back off and give them space, so they need to be sent out tomorrow with a very clear sense of urgency. They can impress if they pick up the pace, and certainly Wilson's speed and cockiness will improve things.

Yeah, managers of teams three divisions below us, built for a total outlay of £0, should always come to Anfield and play an open, expressive game, thus ensuring the magic and romance of the Cup lives on.

Seems very negative to try and get a draw to ensure a replay at your own ground, with a better chance of winning and also increased gate and TV revenue. Lower league teams never used to do that.

Yeah, managers of teams three divisions below us, built for a total outlay of £0, should always come to Anfield and play an open, expressive game, thus ensuring the magic and romance of the Cup lives on.

Seems very negative to try and get a draw to ensure a replay at your own ground, with a better chance of winning and also increased gate and TV revenue. Lower league teams never used to do that.

Wow, you really are a subtle guy at sarcasm. I can see why Rupert and his mates must love you. Twat. Anyway, mustn't keep you, I'm sure you have graves to dance on.

David Goodwillie will not be selected to play for Plymouth until the club has considered a court judgement that he and a former teammate raped a woman

What is there to consider?

The court says he's guilty, therefore the club have to treat him as such, regardless of their opinion.

What is there to consider?

The court says he's guilty, therefore the club have to treat him as such, regardless of their opinion.

It isn't quite that simple. The criminal prosecution was actually dropped for lack of evidence, so the two of them haven't technically been found guilty of anything. The girl then sued them in the civil courts, where the burden of proof is a lesser one (not "beyond any reasonable doubt" but "on the balance of probabilities"). On that basis the judge found in her favour, but the most that entitles anyone to say is they probably did it. Whether the club can cut them loose on that basis may be questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom