• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sterling Deal Complete: 49 million (44 + 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it - many fans see what he did as what's wrong with the game ... Why will they care if he plays well? They booed him against Ireland, they booed him in Australia ... He's got a tough road ahead me thinks.

I'll allow you to boo me for £200,000 a week.

I watched his first interview with man city TV or whatever it was as it was on the beeb.

Ive got to say out of all of the footballers I've heard speak, he sounded the most neanderthal like. He could barely string a sentence together. Im sure I'd seen him interview at aleast the standard footballer level but maybe not.

It's still on the bbc sport site, check it out..

Like you I've seen him give (slightly) less awful interviews than that, and TBH he wouldn't be my nomination for the "accolade" of worst ever. I'd give that to Agbonlahor, whose intellect would shame the average gnat.

That said, he obv.does have a shedload of growing up still to do. If (which is entirely possible) he doesn't get a regular place in the Citeh side, I wonder how long it'll take for the toys to start flying out the pram again.

I doubt it - many fans see what he did as what's wrong with the game ... Why will they care if he plays well? They booed him against Ireland, they booed him in Australia ... He's got a tough road ahead me thinks.
It was the Reds supporters that booed him both times, I think.
He screwed Liverpool, which lots are happy with, and Liverpool screwed City with the overvaluation, that lots of supporters are happy with.
Everyone thinks he's a cunt but not too many outside Liverpool will give enough of a shit about it to give him a hard time.

It'll fade away from most people's minds, probably even ours in time, tho' I have to admit I'll raise a glass of something if his career runs into the sand.

Disagree with calling the fee an overvaluation BTW. Not at today's prices it isn't, for a 20-year-old who's already an established England international.

I'm the type of cunt that would thrive off paupers booing me if I was on that amount.

It's very close to the amount of money that would take for me to dye my hair ginger!

I'd expect add-ons for that though.

It could be something witty about his name being the same as the national currency.

I think RedStar makes a good point - all my footy mates (even Chavs) think Sterling is the biggest cunt and went way too far. He's going to be amongst the most hated players in the game (until other fans forget and move on). How will he deal with that? Will Pellegrini shield him? If he doesn't take a week long vacation like Rodgers let him, how will he deal with the longer schedule? He's in for a tough time.

He's the new Ashley Cole in that respect, carrying the symbol of spoilt out-of-touch young footballers with aplomb.

It's sadly predictable that Sky and Co are so desperate to assume anyone who boos Sterling must be a Liverpool fan. God forbid the average football fan might not subscribe completely to the official 'greed is good' ethos of the Premier League. Sterling booed in Dublin? Must be exclusively LFC fans. Sterling booed in Australia, in a game of absolutely no interest to a Liverpool fan? Must be masses of LFC fans. I bet if he gets booed next season for City away at, say, Norwich, they'll say, 'Awful lot of Liverpool fans live in Norwich...'

Wouldn't disagree, but there might be hidden benefits if it fosters an impression that there are loads of us everywhere and that it's a cool thing to be.

You're a motherfucking baller, Ryan. Did you fail in football cos the kits weren't from George?

George at Asda. Had to google that yesterday when foxjon was harping on about it.

Is it a thing? I mean, obviously it's a thing thing, but do people buy from there like? Beyond the mouth-breathers obv, do reg people actually go and get their clobber from a supermarket?

George at Asda. Had to google that yesterday when foxjon was harping on about it.

Is it a thing? I mean, obviously it's a thing thing, but do people buy from there like? Beyond the mouth-breathers obv, do reg people actually go and get their clobber from a supermarket?

No idea what a 'mouth-breather' is but I maybe one as I bought a pair of shorts from Asda a few weeks ago.

Nice they are.

I was in the ASDA last week and overheard this bloke complaining to some assistant that one of their shirts with a 15 and a half inch collar had been measured and was actually a 12 and a half inch collar. 'They do vary,' came the reply. It's that sort of place.

The way to think of it is this.

£49m fee.

£5m will stay in Man City's bank account

£10m will go to QPR.

£32.5m will go to Aston Villa.

Whatever remains will probably go to Benteke & his agent.

Great deal

This is like that MasterCard advert with the last line:

Having players who want to play for your club: priceless.

When I'm just sitting behind a desk all day at work, I'd rather spend £25 on a shirt and trousers than £100!

Another ASDA true fact: a couple of years ago on Question Time, the Labour Party's risibly foppish shadow Education spokesman Tristrum Hunt reacted incredulously to the accusation that he was 'posh' by spluttering, 'When I was a child in Cambridge my mother used to take me to the local ASDA. Regularly!' This, folks, is Labour's 21st century equivalent of recalling your early days carrying the pit pony on your back as you burrow your way down the mines.

I was in the ASDA last week and overheard this bloke complaining to some assistant that one of their shirts with a 15 and a half inch collar had been measured and was actually a 12 and a half inch collar. 'They do vary,' came the reply. It's that sort of place.

Ha!

Hang on, they make shirts with a 12.5inch neck?!

When I'm just sitting behind a desk all day at work, I'd rather spend £25 on a shirt and trousers than £100!

I hear ya. When I go out for lunch for instance, I prefer to just pick lumps of grass out of the ground and gnaw on them than buy a sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom