• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Steven Gerrard & Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when he retired from international football and was all gutted but needed to put the club first, it was because he'd paid a cop to steal the CCTV from a pub in Formby where he'd had a fight, and he was getting blackmailed by gangsters and leaned on by the police and why he ultimately had to fuck off to Los Angeles.

if that’s true (and it might be, I haven’t a clue), how come it wasn’t an issue for him to go back only a few years later to join the coaching team?

The wage bill between Celtic and Rangers isn't much. Huge between those two and the rest of the league though.

8aea806e8034cb5553c413d4677490d7.jpg

I must be going off when they first got promoted again. Fair enough. Soz

if that’s true (and it might be, I haven’t a clue), how come it wasn’t an issue for him to go back only a few years later to join the coaching team?

It all got sorted. The cop lost her job and got paid to keep quiet. The gangsters got a bar bought for them on castle st. Gerrard's wife got banged by most of them. Everyone moved on

It all got sorted. The cop lost her job and got paid to keep quiet. The gangsters got a bar bought for them on castle st. Gerrard's wife got banged by most of them. Everyone moved on

He's a tad prone to snake oil salesmen, too:

0_Steven-Gerrard-at-the-Belvidere-Centre-Toxteth-where-he-donated-toys-and-water-for-the-residents-P.jpg

MAY 2019:

Steven Gerrard has revealed how the health obsessed lifestyle he experienced in Los Angeles led him to become involved in a Merseyside water business.

The former Liverpool FC captain, who now manages Rangers, has become a major investor and brand ambassador for Angel Revive water.

The start-up was founded by Netherton man Mark Doyle, after his discovered a natural spring deep in West Lancashire.
Steven, who spent two seasons playing for LA Galaxy, has told how his time in California opened his eyes to the very latest trends in diet and fitness, including alkaline water.

"Yes it was a bit of an eye opener over there in LA. They are just so far ahead".

ANYTIME GOOGLE SEARCH:

Why would drinking water with a higher pH level be better for you? Dr Tanis Fenton, an adjunct professor at the University of Calgary and an evidence analyst for Dietitians of Canada, told me that the marketing claims behind alkaline water are based on an old idea called the acid-ash hypothesis. This posits that eating certain food like meat, dairy and eggs results in something called acid ash in your body, which increases your acid levels and causes adverse health effects including osteoporosis.

Fenton, who analyzed studies looking at the association of alkaline water with cancer treatment, notes that while “there are a few very poorly designed studies” that suggest alkaline water confers health benefits, there is no rigorous evidence this is the case.

While you can’t change the pH of your blood, your diet does affect the pH of your urine. “Most people’s urine is about 6, which is acidic,” she explains. However, “that’s no problem, that shows our kidneys are working.” So while it’s possible drinking alkaline water may make your urine less acidic, that doesn’t really make a difference; you’re literally just flushing money down the drain. Ultimately, says Fenton, alkaline water is a solution to a problem that doesn’t need solving.

OCTOBER 2020:

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has seen his water company rack up nearly £1million in debt.

The Liverpool legend owns a stake in Angel Revive alkaline water and has been promoting the product for the last two years on his Instagram page - boasting that it is 'the superhero of waters in purity, nutrition and healthiness'.

But the firm, whose water is sourced from a spring in rural Lancashire, owes £931,912, recent accounts show. It has current assets of £127,285, with fixed assets of £114,081.

He's done well this year with Rangers. But he's still got a lot to prove.

He's a tad prone to snake oil salesmen, too:

0_Steven-Gerrard-at-the-Belvidere-Centre-Toxteth-where-he-donated-toys-and-water-for-the-residents-P.jpg

MAY 2019:

Steven Gerrard has revealed how the health obsessed lifestyle he experienced in Los Angeles led him to become involved in a Merseyside water business.

The former Liverpool FC captain, who now manages Rangers, has become a major investor and brand ambassador for Angel Revive water.

The start-up was founded by Netherton man Mark Doyle, after his discovered a natural spring deep in West Lancashire.
Steven, who spent two seasons playing for LA Galaxy, has told how his time in California opened his eyes to the very latest trends in diet and fitness, including alkaline water.

"Yes it was a bit of an eye opener over there in LA. They are just so far ahead".

ANYTIME GOOGLE SEARCH:

Why would drinking water with a higher pH level be better for you? Dr Tanis Fenton, an adjunct professor at the University of Calgary and an evidence analyst for Dietitians of Canada, told me that the marketing claims behind alkaline water are based on an old idea called the acid-ash hypothesis. This posits that eating certain food like meat, dairy and eggs results in something called acid ash in your body, which increases your acid levels and causes adverse health effects including osteoporosis.

Fenton, who analyzed studies looking at the association of alkaline water with cancer treatment, notes that while “there are a few very poorly designed studies” that suggest alkaline water confers health benefits, there is no rigorous evidence this is the case.

While you can’t change the pH of your blood, your diet does affect the pH of your urine. “Most people’s urine is about 6, which is acidic,” she explains. However, “that’s no problem, that shows our kidneys are working.” So while it’s possible drinking alkaline water may make your urine less acidic, that doesn’t really make a difference; you’re literally just flushing money down the drain. Ultimately, says Fenton, alkaline water is a solution to a problem that doesn’t need solving.

OCTOBER 2020:

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has seen his water company rack up nearly £1million in debt.

The Liverpool legend owns a stake in Angel Revive alkaline water and has been promoting the product for the last two years on his Instagram page - boasting that it is 'the superhero of waters in purity, nutrition and healthiness'.

But the firm, whose water is sourced from a spring in rural Lancashire, owes £931,912, recent accounts show. It has current assets of £127,285, with fixed assets of £114,081.

He's done well this year with Rangers. But he's still got a lot to prove.

whilst I applaud the entrepreneurial spirit this does have a whiff of a ‘Peckham Spring’ vibe about it.

Last edited:
Hes certainly improved them, particularly in European games, but hes been somewhat fortunate in that Celtic have kind of fallen apart just as his side was building momentum. He should win the league from here but theres very little point in him hanging on in Scotland much longer unless its just to take a run at the CL.

If his ultimate goal is to replace Klopp in 3 or 4 years then hes completed step 1 but he needs to move a bigger league.

So he's learned. A. Lot from. Houllier.

That's for damn sure. Not enough to take a step up imo but there you go.

Hes certainly improved them, particularly in European games, but hes been somewhat fortunate in that Celtic have kind of fallen apart just as his side was building momentum. He should win the league from here but theres very little point in him hanging on in Scotland much longer unless its just to take a run at the CL.

If his ultimate goal is to replace Klopp in 3 or 4 years then hes completed step 1 but he needs to move a bigger league.

But not necessarily next season. Win the Scottish league twice and then he's proved it wasn't a fluke, if it wasn't. If he takes a job elsewhere instead how could he prove himself any better? Go and manage Nottingham Forest or any other championship side in a haphazard league where anything can happen? It's too risky for his own profile. He either stays at Rangers and proves it wasn't a one off, goes and wins the MLS for a laugh, or moves back to our coaching team.

The wage bill between Celtic and Rangers isn't much. Huge between those two and the rest of the league though.

8aea806e8034cb5553c413d4677490d7.jpg
Not much? We can't compare Scottish PL salaries with those in the PL or even the Championship, so can't use the actual monetary difference and say it's not much. It is. On top of Celtic substantially outspending Rangers in the transfer market, year after year, in relative terms, their wage bill is 38% higher. That isn't insubstantial at all in the SPL.

But not necessarily next season. Win the Scottish league twice and then he's proved it wasn't a fluke, if it wasn't. If he takes a job elsewhere instead how could he prove himself any better? Go and manage Nottingham Forest or any other championship side in a haphazard league where anything can happen? It's too risky for his own profile. He either stays at Rangers and proves it wasn't a one off, goes and wins the MLS for a laugh, or moves back to our coaching team.

Im not sure how much value people put on winning the SPL with Rangers or Celtic. Its effectively like winning the Championship with a mid table PL team. It proves hes a competent manager, but not much more. Repeating the trick doesnt necessarily make it much more impressive.

To me the biggest factor pushing him somewhere else is Klopps timeline. He probably only has 2 more seasons after this to put himself in the frame. If he were to get a PL job and do well, or a top flight job in Spain or Germany (which I dont see happening) thats probably the best he can do in the time available. Either that or he stays put and trys to build an impressive CV at Rangers, but without a European win or deep CL run I cant see that being enough.

If it was workable I wouldn't mind him coming back and serving as Klopps 2nd in command for a year before he goes, probably the smoothest transition possible.

I get where you're coming from but anywhere he would go to would be a project by definition. Clubs don't need new managers if they don't need turning around. You don't do that quickly, usually. I don't think he could prove anything in the next couple of years anywhere other than rangers. It's only an opinion but I don't see from his personal perspective how moving could improve his CV in the short term

Im not sure how much value people put on winning the SPL with Rangers or Celtic. Its effectively like winning the Championship with a mid table PL team. It proves hes a competent manager, but not much more. Repeating the trick doesnt necessarily make it much more impressive.

To me the biggest factor pushing him somewhere else is Klopps timeline. He probably only has 2 more seasons after this to put himself in the frame. If he were to get a PL job and do well, or a top flight job in Spain or Germany (which I dont see happening) thats probably the best he can do in the time available. Either that or he stays put and trys to build an impressive CV at Rangers, but without a European win or deep CL run I cant see that being enough.

If it was workable I wouldn't mind him coming back and serving as Klopps 2nd in command for a year before he goes, probably the smoothest transition possible.
Hmmm. There's been more than a few very successful Scottish managers that didn't go anywhere, but the club they took to glory, after Scotland ;)

#legpull.

Celtic drew, so rangers now 21 points ahead while Celtic have got 3 games in hand.

Even if Rangers suddenly lost four times and Celtic won all their games, rangers have a 23 goal difference advantage to make up.

It's done isn't it?

Celtic drew, so rangers now 21 points ahead while Celtic have got 3 games in hand.

Even if Rangers suddenly lost four times and Celtic won all their games, rangers have a 23 goal difference advantage to make up.

It's done isn't it?

Absolutely done. Will be a big occasion in Scotland with such a young club winning its first title.

I’d like to think we’ve learned our lessons and removed sentiment from the equation but even Klopp was touting him not so long ago.

He’ll get a shot here as long as he looks promising just for being Gerrard.

He can stay at Rangers as long as he keeps this up.

I'll be very happy for him when he gets to lift a league title. And i'll be especially pleased if he continues to develop and becomes a great manager for us.

I really hope he gets a shot at a time like Dortmund or even PSG. That will be absolutely incredible for his own CV if he wins BL with Dortmund being Bayern around or wins CL with PSG.

Can you see Gerrard moving to Germany or France? Learning those languages and cultures?

Adam Lewis has just been released from his loan at Amiens. He should go on loan to Rangers. Gerrard absolutely loved him when he was in the under18s, expecting him to do as well as Trent ('I want to keep him for as long as I can,' he said at the time, 'but for me, he’s such a threat on the left side. Going forward, I haven’t seen anyone as good as him at that age, in terms of quality and what he can deliver in the final third'). He's still got the ability as a left back, wing back, even attacking midfielder when needed, but he's lost his way a bit, his confidence is gone. A season reunited with Gerrard might see us get a good young player back.

Can you see Gerrard moving to Germany or France? Learning those languages and cultures?
you never know. Gerrard is a character who can go to any length to get success and I think these are the best clubs which can be great stepping stone for his career. But to be honest, I highly doubt that any of the clubs will go for him unless he does some unexpected achievements with his Rangers side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom