• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Silly Season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barca are tracking him then he's the kind of quality we should be looking to bring in.

I'd prefer it if we managed to get in before Barcelona start "tracking" players. Helps us to actually sign them.

Obviously then we can sell them for a massive profit TO Barcelona.

He's still only young. I suppose one advantage of buying from Ajax is that he has already played a fair amount of competitive games.

Nearly 80 games before he has turned 21.
Decent that. Havent seen much of him in all honesty. Ticks all the boxes though as exciting singing goes, as Brendan said.

He fits my recently-defined and universally approved transfer criteria: from Ajax/ The Bundesliga/ Belgian/ midfielder/ attacking/ quick

Two or more of those must be ticked for any transfer to occur.
So any attacking midfielder will do for you? Is that how we got Lallana?

This thread can stay so long as articles / tweeters/ sources etc are identified /posted/linked. Subject to the usual proviso that when a link grows legs ot becomes its own thread.

Anyone persistently ignoring the above will be thread banned.

Yours sincerely,

Glorious Leader

Flipping eck. Kim Wrong-Un there.

It's alarming how many positions need filling, but not surprising because we're not very good.

We need a keeper, CB, LB, 2 CM's, a winger and a striker. The striker is probably the least pressing as Klopp favours the lone striker.

Lots to be done.

Last edited:
Dortmund are obviously attempting to leverage a deal with Bayern for Mario Gotze to get better terms for Hummels. #lfc (Raphael Honigstein)

There is a foreseeable outcome: A part-exchange for Gotze, plus €10-15m on top from Bayern for Mats Hummels. #lfc (Raphael Honigstein)

Dortmund are obviously attempting to leverage a deal with Bayern for Mario Gotze to get better terms for Hummels. #lfc (Raphael Honigstein)

There is a foreseeable outcome: A part-exchange for Gotze, plus €10-15m on top from Bayern for Mats Hummels. #lfc (Raphael Honigstein)
That's assuming he will go to Dortmund. However I think he commented about how he wanted to try other leagues ? And then there is the Klopp factor.

That's assuming he will go to Dortmund. However I think he commented about how he wanted to try other leagues ? And then there is the Klopp factor.

Seems as though there is a big possibility he'll end up at Dortmund. Do we know that Klopp has him as his first choice anyway?
We've been linked a bit with Lucas Moura. Could need that type of player instead.

Linked again with Ben Chilwell 19 year old left back from Leicester who has been on loan at Huddersfield where Jurgen's mate is the manager (and who is reported to be taking Danny Ward from us on loan next season).

That left back from Celtic look very good. Kieran Tierney. Spend the 5 mill on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom