• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Team of the tournament and Game of the tournament (so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
Ive really liked Portugal. They got their tactics all wrong against Germany and really should have tried to win the game, because when they started playing they were brilliant. Against the Danes and especially the Dutch I thought they were absolutely brilliant.
Spain and Germany have also played well in patches but both look more mechanical than fluid. Portugal are so far my team of the tournament.
Game of the tournament? England v Sweden......but then I am biased on that one.

Germany. 3 wins. Though I agree Portugal have played some good stuff and if they get Ronaldo firing can cause any team problems.

England v Sweden best game so far. Although the opening match between Greece and Poland was fun. Had everything. Comeback. Goals. Red cards. Saved pen from a sub keeper.

The England V Sweden game was the first day of my stag do. We found a great sports bar with massive screens all over the place and comfy sofas and shit.
We got there at 2.30 so were merry steaming by the time the main bunch of our lads arrived. Watched the protracted France game with a table full of chicken wings and curly fries. The bar (which was MASSIVE) was heaving and the atmosphere was fucking brilliant. All the songs and the chants out.
Wrecked by kick off but loving the game and having the best day ever. Pretty poor fare for the first 20 minutes or so, but Andy Carroll the massive fucking legend fired it all into life. The two shitty goals had me disconsolate thinking that it was goin to be a massive anti climax for the night and then a couple of great goals from our lads and its the best night ever again.
I went outside for a fag and as far as i could see there were England fans going mental. Brilliant atmosphere, no trouble (probably because we won) and a really top top vibe.
We went to a club after (dont remember it) went to a curry house on the way back to the hotel (dont remember it) and all in all it was a fucking magic way to kick off a stag weekend.

Ukraine - Sweden and Denmark - Portugal were two other brilliant games, as was Ireland - Spain. Germany have been the best team whilst not looking like they've left 3rd gear, Germany - Spain would be a fantastic game. I'd give special credit to Denmark and Ukraine, they've both been great.

Germany looks almost scaringly good, have to agree with Mystic there. Schweinsteiger, Özil, Khedira, Gomez, Lahm, Badstuber, Neuer, Hummels, Podolski are all Euro XI candidates so far and with Müller, Schürrle, Kroos et all to add up the numbers I think they'll be the team to beat.

Impressed with Portugal too as it seems they've actually got their central midfield to work for each-other and Ronaldo in top shape. Still don't think much seperated them and the Danes, but the better team in the tournament progressed I guess.

Italy can be a tricky opponent for anyone at this stage too mind and with Balotelli you just never know. The fact six Juve players starts has certainly balanced their team and they look dangerous upfront.

Denmark v Portugal, England v Sweden, Spains wonderful display against Ireland and perhaps even the opener, Poland v Greece, some of the most entertaining matches so far.

Germany look awesome in all aspects of play but France and Portugal look like they could mount a serious challenge to them.

I really enjoyed the Spain Italy game on the first Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom