• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting The Boat Race

Prefix for Betting Threads

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
so I should have posted about this earlier as odds are falling every day.

I follow all races that take place in the UK and it has been clear for months that Oxford are significantly quicker than Cambridge in both men and women's crews. The double for them both was originally 1.8 on betfair which I am all over with my biggest ever bet but this has now fallen down to circa 1.45.

I think Bwin still have this double at around 1.6

Obviously you can have freaks of nature e.g. person jumping into the river, rogue waves causing 'crabs' etc. From the races though that have happened so far Oxford are incredibly quicker and in rowing you don't just lose your base speed.

Worth getting on IMO.

No markets I can see on winning margin, and to be honest this is a weird one in rowing as sometimes the leading boat will just ease off once they are line a stern and hold them there at ease as it is the 'gentlemanly' thing to do and not embarrass your opponent. Sometimes they will want to hit the biggest margin they can get. If BF open this market I'd expect the women's crew to win by up to 4 or 5 lengths (thats pretty huge in rowing) and then men's by 3-4 also.

Seen in a toilet cubicle at one of the universities in question some 40 :eek: years ago:

"If you wanna sh!t, don't sit on the seat -
The crabs in here can jump six feet.
Mind, if you think that's ****** high,
Don't go next door - those ******s fly".

I remember as a kid being greatly amused by graffiti in a toilet that was written high up and said "if you can piss this high join the fire brigade".

I was very young at the time.

2 easy wins as expected. Made my biggest ever bet - probably won't be doing anything like it again (until next year's race :p)

Back
Top Bottom