• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The forgotten.... hoping for progress in 13/14 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Laser

Very Active
Looking to the new season their are a few players in the squad who wont be moving on but may have a big say next season. Certainly next season is a big chance for a few to step up and make a claim.

Martin Kelly is one I am definitely looking forward to seeing progress next season, I hope he will be played more centrally as I think he is a ready made replacement for Carra if given the opportunity. Do we really need to spend big on Papadopoulos? Or even bring in this Ilori character?

Samed Yesil is going to be another year older, and it would be good to see if he can progress enough to maybe get some 1st team bench appearances.... Could be a useful 4th striker.

Andre Wisdom I would like to see him become the regular backup for Glenjo.... He did nothing wrong in his appearances last season and looks solid.... hopefully he and Martin Kelly can be figures of our defence for years to come.

Joe Allen... Im not ready to give up on the welsh Xavi just yet, he obviously has talent. I think maybe he needed time to adjust from his hometown club to moving to a worldclass club like Liverpool. It can be pretty daunting i'd imagine when you are the big fish in a small pond moving to another club where you now need to prove yourself. I really hope he can find his place here.

Any others anyone else hoping can progress next season?

Kelly is the new Agger - he'll be considered good mainly because he hasn't played enough for us to know what he's really like. I don't think he'll make it - happy to BR proved wrong.

Yesil - well lets hope he gets over the injury & progresses - but he has a long way to go.

Wisdom - I think he did ok last year - but not convinced he has enough to be a top quality FB - needs a shot at CB.

Allen - I like him, but I don't know where he fits in to Rodgers Grand scheme.

We need to see progression from a lot of players if we want to figure at the top end of the table.

Skrtel - he needs to get back to being first team material.
Wisdom - keep going the way he is, hopefully he'll pick up 20 games during the season.
Kelly - he needs to challenge GlenJo for a spot, I can't see him as a centre back. It's a make or break season for him.
Henderson - needs to become a fixture in the middle. He's a good all rounder and just needs to do a bit more of everything.
Ibe and Sterling - a but more development from both so they can be good bench options and starters against weaker teams.
Sturridge - needs to stay fit! A full season could see him hit 20.

Lucas - he needs to be sharper, stronger and fitter than he's been this season if we're not getting a new DM to challenge him or even just to be his backup. It's the one area we really desperately need another warm body but that has got almost zero rumoured player links, oddly enough.

Lucas - he needs to be sharper, stronger and fitter than he's been this season if we're not getting a new DM to challenge him or even just to be his backup. It's the one area we really desperately need another warm body but that has got almost zero rumoured player links, oddly enough.

I'm wondering whether that Connor Coady will be his understudy?

I don't hold any hope for Yesil...

Another Kristian Nemeth type player... Looks the part.. but will never actually make it at this level..

Allen.. needs to be shipped out.. I dont know where he will fit in in our midfield.. Henderson ahead of him every day of the week.. and the their is this Menkikljfdiohfck marquee sigining fella..

Wisdom and Kelly will be the future of our back line in years to come.. I think wisdom has the makings a great CB.. he certainly has the physique for it.. RB though is certainly the best bet to keep bedding him in...

Kelly is the one im looking forward to see how he progresses.. hopefully he can stay injury free next season... On his game he can be immense...

I think we can break them into 2 groups, young players on low wages who need to make progress next season and players who are essentially playing for their future at the club

Progress is required from
Sterling
Suso
Wisdom

Those that need to drastically improve or be shipped out
Shelvey
Kelly
Allen
Lucas
Borini

I think we can break them into 2 groups, young players on low wages who need to make progress next season and players who are essentially playing for their future at the club

Progress is required from
Sterling
Suso
Wisdom

Those that need to drastically improve or be shipped out
Shelvey
Kelly
Allen
Lucas
Borini

Pretty harsh to put an ultimatum on guys like Borini and Kelly who have been hurt so frequently.

Pretty harsh to put an ultimatum on guys like Borini and Kelly who have been hurt so frequently.

That's one way of looking at it, the other is that we don't want a squad full of injury prone players so the amount of games a player misses through injury is a significant factor in his progress

That's one way of looking at it, the other is that we don't want a squad full of injury prone players so the amount of games a player misses through injury is a significant factor in his progress

Difficult for me to stick an injury prone tag on a 22 and 23 year old. If they were 3-4 years older I would agree, but it's too soon to make such judgement in my opinion

I don't think any club would be prepared to give them another 3-4 years to sort out their injuries. I think they will both get a fair go next season but I can't see us persisting with them much longer if their fitness doesnt improve. Its not like either of them looks like a potential world beater that's worth the risk of putting 3 years of wages into. I'm not singling them out, I'd imagine another serious injury would greatly alter Lucas prospects too.

Keep Wisdom and send Kelly on loan to Fulham. He'll get plenty of game time and if injured won't affect us.

Lucas needs to step up and get back to the form he had prior to his knee injury. He needs to improve in every department.

Allen is going to be in a spot of bother. He is by no means guaranteed any game time. The midfield is getting crowded so it will be interesting to see if he is sold off to Cardiff or stays and fights his way back into the team.

This will be a watershed season for quite a few players. Let's hope that BR doesn't take half a season to find out who his best starting XI is.

Armin Hodzic - that Bosnian kid that was shitting goals when he signed for us returns this year, intrigued to see how he progresses.

Armin Hodzic - that Bosnian kid that was shitting goals when he signed for us returns this year, intrigued to see how he progresses.
I hadn't even heard of him...... I'm looking forward to a selection of youth coming through the next year or so.... Ibe, McLaughlin & Teixeira also look good bets....

I don't think any club would be prepared to give them another 3-4 years to sort out their injuries. I think they will both get a fair go next season but I can't see us persisting with them much longer if their fitness doesnt improve. Its not like either of them looks like a potential world beater that's worth the risk of putting 3 years of wages into. I'm not singling them out, I'd imagine another serious injury would greatly alter Lucas prospects too.

Lucas is 26.

Lucas is 26.

I wasnt commenting on his age, I was comparing the doubts over his fitness to that of Kelly or Borini. I would suggest a serious injury this season for any of the 3 would be the end of their Liverpool careers, Kelly might survive because he has little sale value and hes on low wages

I wasnt commenting on his age, I was comparing the doubts over his fitness to that of Kelly or Borini. I would suggest a serious injury this season for any of the 3 would be the end of their Liverpool careers, Kelly might survive because he has little sale value and hes on low wages

Borini probably has more resale value unless Kelly starts playing very well. He is one of the better players in the next crop of Italians.

Attackers tend to be more valuable than defenders anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom