• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The NBA Thread 2011/2012

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=47151.msg1444299#msg1444299 date=1324019385]
[quote author=DHSC link=topic=47151.msg1444260#msg1444260 date=1323996535]
[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=47151.msg1443852#msg1443852 date=1323949738]
It's the Clippers though, so everyone is still waiting for the other fucking shoe to drop.
[/quote]

What are the odds on them trading away Blake Griffin? ;D
[/quote]

If they have a good season with Paul/Griffin, the team will be built properly around them ... If they struggle, both will leave.
[/quote]

That was tongue in cheek. Heh.

Paul has opted in for his contract, so the Clips will probably see him for 2 years.

Thing is, their coach is Vinny Del Negro, not too sure if he's good enough.

Clippers are looking like a very good team though.

Paul
Billups
Butler
Griffin
Jordan

Will the Clippers overtake their big brothers this year ?

Kobe just injured his wrist ... torn ligament.

he's day-to-day Ross.

Anyone else catch that Ron Artest is now Metta World Peace? Ha ha ... what the hell!?!?!

Most unpopular player in the NBA now? Nope, not Lebron (2nd) but Mr. Kris Humphries ... That will teach him to fuck up in a marriage with Kim Kardashian.

I've lost interest in hockey, so decided I'm gonna instead pay attention to the NBA again instead. And as you may guess, the Pistons are the one.

So, utter shite. Jerebko and Knight interest me though.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47151.msg1451344#msg1451344 date=1325151446]
It seems the Pistons are in for a long season.
[/quote]

I think that is an understatement, they along with the Nets will certainly be battling for the basement in the east.

How about Durant's buzzer beater last night?

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47151.msg1453158#msg1453158 date=1325372104]
Please tell me there is some Lebron/Jordan type clone that the Pistons will get in the draft next year?
[/quote]

Not sure about that mate, IMO the greatest all around talent to build a team around in next year's draft figures to be Harrison Barnes out of North Carolina but he certainly isn't the level of a Lebron, Rose, Durant coming into the league.

I just realized recently that I think Keven Durant is the most over rated, over hyped player in the league.

I can't stand him, or the Thunder.

So...Jeremy Lin. What are the views on here? A flash in the pan or will he become a vital part of the Knicks going forward? With Melo, Amare and Chandler, should Lin keep his numbers up, they surely have massive potential!

Screw all that. It's Linsanity time.

What many still don't realize is the power that Lin draws from. I'm sure the way the media has been covering him, a lot would've heard his story, his testimony, his faith and his struggles to come all this way in NBA.

WWJD dont stand for 'What would Jeremy Lin do'....it still remains very much 'What would Jesus?' do for Jeremy.

"I can do all things through Him (Christ) who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13

Is Jeremy Lin The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

Jeremy Lin says his storybook run with NY Knicks is ‘a miracle from God’

At NTEB, we are more than happy to showcase any athlete who has a strong Christian testimony and witness for Jesus Christ.

From NY DAILY NEWS: TORONTO — Jeremy Lin is calling his rags-to-riches NBA story “a miracle from God”, adding that it is more than just a coincidence that everything is suddenly breaking right for him.

They call it LINsanity!

“Anytime something like this happens, a lot of stuff has to be put into place, and a lot of it is out of my control,” the Knicks phenom point guard said on Tuesday. “If you look back at my story, doesn’t matter where you look, but God’s fingerprints are all over the place where there have been a lot of things that had to happen that I couldn’t control.

“You can try to call it coincidence,” Lin continued, “but at the end of the day, there are 20, 30 things when you combine them all that had to happen at the right time in order for me to be here. That’s why I call it a miracle.”

Lin addressed a large media contingent following the Knicks’ morning practice at Air Canada Centre. He was asked everything from his living arrangements to his meteoric rise from bench warmer to international sensation. He was also asked about a comment boxer Floyd Mayweather made via Twitter where Mayweather says that race, and not talent, is responsible for the attention Lin is receiving.

When asked how he is handling his sudden fame, Lin said: “I try not to pay attention to it, spend a lot of time with my family and friends in my free time. When I’m with the team I stay focused, we know what we have to do . . . and just staying in my bible basically.”

Lin, who has remained grounded and humbled over the past two weeks despite his sudden fame, managed to stay clear of the controversy when asked about Mayweather’s comments and if his heritage plays a factor.

Because of his religious references, Lin has drawn comparisons to Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow. Raptors head coach Dwane Casey said that when he was with the Dallas Mavericks and coached Lin in the Vegas Summer League in 2010, Lin told him he wanted to be a preacher. source – NY Daily News

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=8706

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/p6bmaynTY_E&feature=share[/flash]

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/zxcWrgcH118&feature=related[/flash]

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47151.msg1482675#msg1482675 date=1329236252]
I always said he'd be great.

You have to think teams will start to limit his effectiveness sooner rather than later but the consensus seems to be he's got an NBA future.

Kobe the night before Lin dropped 38 on the Lakers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjrpUbcitMM&feature=related
[/quote]

When did you first hear of him?

I can't tell how good he'll be - but he seems to have the tools to at worst be a very good NBA PG. Shoots too much like AI it seems, but that's probably due to Amare & 'Melo being out.

I know it's not professional, but after Kentucky won the national championship, I heard a great line from a fan celebrating in Lexington. It was "We are the best team in the world, houses must burn."

How cool is that, nothing says happy like burning down your own town.

Gotta love the NBA, Van Gundy tells the media Howard asked team management to fire him as Coach. Howard walks in during the middle of the interview not realising his Coach just said what he said ...... most awkward interview ever !

I like how Metta tried to say it was unintentional. It can't get anymore intentional than that.

It is incredible, he never gets enough credit from the media. Then again he gives them nothing to talk about, every time they ask him the key to his success is San Antonio he replies, "That's easy, we had David Robinson followed by Tim Duncan."

He always says he is going to retire about five seconds after Duncan does, but I would be really interested to see how he does after Duncan.

Back
Top Bottom