• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The preseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not watched any pre-season game, but I get the impression from reading stuff here and elsewhere that Curtis Jones hasn't done anything of substance to push himself into contention for a first team spot ahead of Elliott and/or Carvalho? Unless he is reinventing himself in some way I would have thought that he's got those two as direct competition for a place in the team and so far hasn't really done much to show he's ahead of them.

295979020_10161442888307573_411921698043546517_n.jpg

Oxlade-Chamberlain is one of seven first-team players currently sidelined through injury, with Alisson, Caoimhin Kelleher, Kostas Tsimikas, Calvin Ramsay, Diogo Jota and Kaide Gordon also out.
Alisson is expected to return for the Premier League opener at Fulham on August 6, but less is known of the others.
However, Klopp did give an insight into Kelleher’s groin strain, with there a sense of frustration at the medical staff within the Republic of Ireland setup as he faces up to three more weeks on the treatment table.
“Caoimh felt something after the international game and everybody told him, the medical department there, it’s fine, it would be good,” he explained.
“After holiday he came back, first training, felt it again. We checked it and it was not good.
“I think Caoimh will be another two, three weeks and then should be fine.”

There's a reason we couldn't flog him.

Can we just act like he's dead next transfer window? Eat the loss.

I think he is but that’s mainly based on his appearances for England. I’m always ready to be corrected, though. What makes him worth £100 million or so?

He may be overhyped but that doesn't mean he isn't brilliant. Could easily be the best midfielder of his generation by the time he's 25.

Also, bitterly disappointed that musialowski wasn't involved in pre season (apart from this game). He was hyped to all fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom