• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

the Royal Rumble

The whole crowd were fucking FUMING that Reigns won.

Not because it was reigns, but because it was all so predictable. The hype behind Bryan was ridiculous, then he got eliminated with so little fanfare. From that point.. Perpetual booing

The lesnar/rollins /cena match was actually really good. Rollins made it with some good spots, lesnar just obliterate people too

Cena did what cena does best. Be boring

Do you think Vince fucked up or was he hoping (for some unknown reason) for boos?

Phillips is famous for booing.

Are the WWE fans getting a lit bit precious with all the booing? Back in the day the kids boo'd the heels and cheered the faces and it was simple. Now thanks to the internet, people are privy to storylines in advance.Fans can read rumours of who is getting a title push at the expense of someone else. So we find ourselves in a situation where adults are attending shows booing because their favourite isn't getting a push they feel they deserve.

I don't follow it so correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Reigns receive a positive crowd reaction this time last year when he was left in the rumble with Batista who was being boo'd? One year later and now it's Reigns who is being boo'd?? Did writers fuck up two years running or are they doing it on purpose?

Why not give the fans what they want and give Bryan the push the fans want? Or is that just pandering to one section of fans?

I really don't get WWE any more. Is it patronizing of me to accuse certain fans of being hysterical for booing because they don't agree with the story line?

Blatant vince fuck up,because they tried to stop it with a run in.

Last 3 (not really) were big show, kane and reigns. Awful double elimination by reigns. Rusev appears from under the ring and is eliminated quickly.

Boos were stupidly loud

Then, bug show and kane get back in the ring and start being up reigns

Boos getting lower

The Rocks music hits and he runs in

The fact vince thought "we need to rock to come in at the end" speaks volumes about the fact he thought they'd need something to stop the fan reaction

Philly is the home of ECW and has a lot of smart marks, so they would never put up with bullshit

Are the WWE fans getting a lit bit precious with all the booing? Back in the day the kids boo'd the heels and cheered the faces and it was simple. Now thanks to the internet, people are privy to storylines in advance.Fans can read rumours of who is getting a title push at the expense of someone else. So we find ourselves in a situation where adults are attending shows booing because their favourite isn't getting a push they feel they deserve.

I don't follow it so correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Reigns receive a positive crowd reaction this time last year when he was left in the rumble with Batista who was being boo'd? One year later and now it's Reigns who is being boo'd?? Did writers fuck up two years running or are they doing it on purpose?

Why not give the fans what they want and give Bryan the push the fans want? Or is that just pandering to one section of fans?

I really don't get WWE any more. Is it patronizing of me to accuse certain fans of being hysterical for booing because they don't agree with the story line?
Fans seem to be booing not because they don't like the wrestler, but because it's all so fucking obvious as to what's going to happen. There's no excitement when you know who's getting the push, or who's getting the knock back.

I think at the moment there's such a dearth of decent gimmicks, and the good ones aren't getting a push. The good wrestlers aren't getting a push. It's just pandering to the kids for the money

The wyatts could have a great story line, but they don't know what to do with them

Cesaro is a great wrestler, yet doesn't get a push.

Vince seems like he wants to stick with the status quo, because he hasn't got the balls to do something different. Its been cena + someone for years as the main event,more often than not Norton.

Hhh is apparently doing exciting new things in nxt, but when those wrestlers peak at that show, they get promoted and no one knows what to do with them.

Fans seem to be booing not because they don't like the wrestler, but because it's all so fucking obvious as to what's going to happen. There's no excitement when you know who's getting the push, or who's getting the knock back.

That's true to an extent, but the biggest problem is that they are pushing the people the fans don't give a fuck about. Reigns was the least talented wrestler from the Shield, and the least talented speaker. Yet they have given him a superman act like Cena and pushed him for some reason (because he is related to the Rock? because Vince personally likes him?).

Outside of the shield, Bryan, Bray Wyatt, Ziggler, Cesaro etc are all better wrestlers and / or better on the mic and yet Reigns won the rumble.

That's true to an extent, but the biggest problem is that they are pushing the people the fans don't give a fuck about. Reigns was the least talented wrestler from the Shield, and the least talented speaker. Yet they have given him a superman act like Cena and pushed him for some reason (because he is related to the Rock? because Vince personally likes him?).

Outside of the shield, Bryan, Bray Wyatt, Ziggler, Cesaro etc are all better wrestlers and / or better on the mic and yet Reigns won the rumble.
Exactly the issue and more eloquent than I could put it.

So much wasted talent in the wwe, it's a shame. Don't think it'll ever recapture the attitude Era with vince at the helm.

I agree with all thats being said.
But my 8 year old daughter LOVES reigns.
So i kinda get Vinces point.

Ha ..

The source of my knowledge of wwe now is fuelled by my missus watching some dross on E about the bird That 'wrestle' in this .

The women have definitely got Better since the 90s.

That and the fact that John Cena is a tank. No idea about the rest of them.

I'm just amazed at the frequency of injuries given how tightly choreographed it is.

My old house mate once met and shook hands with Ted DiBiase - I surely don't need to clarify how fucking awesome that must have been! Lucky cunt!

I've been in the gym in Dublin and bumped into Randy Orton, Sheamus and about four other much less memorable ones.

Although meeting Trish Stratus and Stacey Keibler in 2001 was a much more uplifting experience

Back
Top Bottom