• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

The Summer of Skrtl

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekay

Very Well-Known
From RAWK visa est1892

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/145433/s...cne-konflikty/

Why did you not start in Liverpool’s recent premier league games?

„That should be question for the manager. He selects team and players. At the moment I’m not in the starting eleven. I regret it but the manager made the decision and I have to respect that.“

Did Brendan Rodgers explain you why he decided to bench you? Do you talk to each other?

„We talk but it’s not ideal. He told me something, gave me some reason but it’s hard to say if if was the real reason. I don’t think it was, I think it’s something else. But I’m not that kind of player who keeps visiting manager, being in his office every day and finding out what’s going on and why I’m not playing. I have never done that and never will do so. If manager wants to talk he comes to me and we talk but I don’t come to him.“

The reason he told you was?

„It all happened after the Man Utd game in the middle of january. Previously we won twice, away at QPR 0:3 – and home with Sunderland, keeping two clean sheets. We lost in Manchester 1:2 though, but I think we played some great football in the second half particulary. What’s more many sources gave me good mark for my performance. Manager told me that he thinks we lost organistation in defence in last few games and because of that he will not play me in upcoming fixtures. I don’t know which games he was thinking about considering we managed to win last two games and kept clean sheet.“

So you think it’s not the real reason. What do you think it is then?

„I think it was affected by one situation but I don’t want to talk about it now. Maybe after the season but not right now. I don’t want to cause any conflicts, the most important thing is team success and I will cheer for my team whether it’s from the bench or stands.“

What’s next for you?

„Wait, that’s the only thing I can do right now. While I was fit I gave my best and did everything I could to prove manager that I belong here. I waited for my chance, one came in Petersburg but I didn’t play after that game. Unfortunately I’m injured now and we’ll see what happens when I’ll be fit.“

While I wouldn't be averse to loosing Skrtl the idea of loosing Coates, Carra, Srktl and potentially Reina in one summer concerns me.

He's said quite a few things there, like the manager is not being straight with him, for one!

It seems Brookside still lives on in Melwood and Anfield, always some fking drama and storyline behind why someone has been sold or isn't playing.

Hows about saying this Martin - "I was playing a bit shit and making mistakes, maybe I'm not the only one but I should be doing better"

It seems Brookside still lives on in Melwood and Anfield, always some fking drama and storyline behind why someone has been sold or isn't playing.

Hows about saying this Martin - "I was playing a bit shit and making mistakes, maybe I'm not the only one but I should be doing better"

Yeah but that's tough to say when you are sat on the bench watching Agger make mistake after mistake only to never be reprimanded.

Yeah but that's tough to say when you are sat on the bench watching Agger make mistake after mistake only to never be reprimanded.

Yea that's fair enough, it's just Mascherano and Torres have broken my tolerance for players saying there's more to the story but they can't say. Just tell us or don't mention it, it comes across as so childish - I've got a big secret but I can't tell you! na na nana na!

He looks to be slowly edging his way out the door.

Yea that's fair enough, it's just Mascherano and Torres have broken my tolerance for players saying there's more to the story but they can't say. Just tell us or don't mention it, it comes across as so childish - I've got a big secret but I can't tell you! na na nana na!

Yeah, bloody hate it when they do that. Squeal or shut up. The other favourite amongst players these days is "the club broke promises to me". Ah fuck off. Was it in the contract? No? Then it's you and your agent's fault.

As much as i love Carragher, there's no way he should be in the team ahead of Skrtel.

Skrtel's our best defender and has proven that in the last 18 months.

Although I generally agree with you Gary I can't on this one.
Until last season Skrtel was an accidentwaitingtohappen every game, and he often delivered on that.
Last year he was fantastic and people , me included, were worried about him being snatched by a top team in excess of £20m, that is not going to be a worry this year as he has reverted to what he has been, inconsistent.
If an offer arrived IRO £18-£20m, I would bite hands off.

Regards

Skrtel's our 3rd best defender.

Do you ever quit? No agenda though.

I suppose Agger is now the bestest defender in Europe again and has attracted another Barcelona headline because of a mazy run in a tie we lost. Brilliant. It was great to see this fantastic footballing purist pass the ball straight to the opposition, keeping up his tendency of having "at least one fuck up a game" in him.

"3rd best defender". Change the fucking record, though I guess it was 'just a joke' 🙄

I couldn't care less if he left.

Although I generally agree with you Gary I can't on this one.
Until last season Skrtel was an accidentwaitingtohappen every game, and he often delivered on that.
Last year he was fantastic and people , me included, were worried about him being snatched by a top team in excess of £20m, that is not going to be a worry this year as he has reverted to what he has been, inconsistent.
If an offer arrived IRO £18-£20m, I would bite hands off.

Regards

And now he's watching another accidentwaitingtohappen stay in the team. While Carragher has had a bit of an Indian Summer, but then fucked up in the last match to remind us why he was falling down the pecking order. The defense as a whole has been inconsistent this season and it's pretty shit to single him out as the main culprit, while Agger made mistakes in several games but gets a reprieve - personally I wouldn't be sorry to see any of them go, but he's had the shitty end of the stick and I'm sick of hearing people talk up Agger while laying into Skrtel, neither have really lived up to the hype but he's certainly done himself no less favours than that overrated Danish one.

As much as i love Carragher, there's no way he should be in the team ahead of Skrtel.

Skrtel's our best defender and has proven that in the last 18 months.

Incorrect. In the last 18 months, Skrtel has proven that he's well capable of having a blinding season, and yet equally capable of following it with a shit one.

On the other hand, Carragher has been proving know-nothings wrong for well over a decade.

Do you ever quit? No agenda though.

I suppose Agger is now the bestest defender in Europe again and has attracted another Barcelona headline because of a mazy run in a tie we lost. Brilliant. It was great to see this fantastic footballing purist pass the ball straight to the opposition, keeping up his tendency of having "at least one fuck up a game" in him.

"3rd best defender". Change the fucking record, though I guess it was 'just a joke' 🙄
I don't think Skrtel is our best defender as some claim, actually I believe he's our 3rd best defender.

No joking.

And just for the record, had Agger made such a car crash of an interview this site would be brimming over with 'sell the cunt' posts, so really, step down your high horse mate.

So you think it's a negative thing to point out someone might be telling the truth?

Anyone can be telling the truth - I personally don't really care. As if managers (& players) are entirely honest with each other all the time.

However ... if it's Skrtl telling the truth, bringing it out in the open as he's doing would hurt the manager's standing and as he'll probably be at our club next year, will hurt our team too.

And now he's watching another accidentwaitingtohappen stay in the team. While Carragher has had a bit of an Indian Summer, but then fucked up in the last match to remind us why he was falling down the pecking order. The defense as a whole has been inconsistent this season and it's pretty shit to single him out as the main culprit, while Agger made mistakes in several games but gets a reprieve - personally I wouldn't be sorry to see any of them go, but he's had the shitty end of the stick and I'm sick of hearing people talk up Agger while laying into Skrtel, neither have really lived up to the hype but he's certainly done himself no less favours than that overrated Danish one.
The point is that Carra isn't an accident waiting to happen every game at the moment, that's the first fuck up in a long while, and part of that was that we were having to press very Hugh up -and he brings a lot more to the team at the moment, Skrtel has been crap this year , its there for all to see, its pointless trying to argue who is the less crap between Agger and Skrtel.
Agger needs to accept his form has been shit and shut the fuck up and stop feeling sorry for himself , its probably that attitude that has not helped him get back.
regards

In fairness to Agger he did come out with some self criticism ( and rightly so ) after the Wesr Brom match. Skrtel on the other hand just calls the manager a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom