• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiagone mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Thiago's latest injury (hamstring) is a pretty serious one, raising the possibility that he's played his last game for Liverpool, from Neil Jones.

So, this season he could end up with playing 10 mins. Sadly sums up his Liverpool career. An absolutely fantastic player that cant stay fit.
Will move on a free this summer and will end his Liverpool career with a bit of a meh at the end, sadly.

Could have used him in the run in, but now he'll end up with having been a wasted space all season in the squad costing us 10 mill £ in wages.

The best chance we had of utilising prime Thiago was the season VVD was killed by Pickford and we ended up with Nat & Rhys at the back. He was also a key player in the attempted quad 2 seasons ago.

However, the summer gone was when we had to get rid as part of the midfield rebuild. I don't think anyone will pay money for him now, and he's a highly waged player.

98 appearances in 4 years. £200k per week. Last season he made 14 league starts, nearly a year out with a hip injury, the list goes on. Great player at his best, but not ever nearly fit enough to be considered any sort of reliability or success.

Such a pity. Brilliant player but this could be the end of his career because who's going to take a chance on him now at the wages his agent will demand?

Such a pity. Brilliant player but this could be the end of his career because who's going to take a chance on him now at the wages his agent will demand?
You'd be surprised Froggy, he may have to drop his demands a little but he won't be short of offers that's for certain even if it's only a 2 year deal or something. The name Thiago still rings appeal in the footballing world.

Can see multiple sides in the States, Arabia or even Brazil trying to sign him.

Shame, we needed him to win the league.

We really didn't. The only reason we're in this position is because Klopp sorted out the midfield and got us playing to a good standard again, without Thiago. What would he have done to make the difference between us winning the league and not?

Yeah, this is utter nonsense. We've never needed him to win anything. The best runs we've had under Klopp came when he wasn't even here, then again when he was injured.
Needed him? This season it remains to be seen. I hope not but it's ridiculous to think that a player of his quality wouldn't have aided the quest.
Especially with 4 trophies on the line.

Ha, it never rains, huh. I'm not going to sit around and feel sorry for a multi-millionaire earning further millions for doing nowt. It's shit for us and we'll be better off when he's off the books. We will likely need his wages for some extensions anyway.

Waste of skin. Get rid. Never should've signed him in the first place and I said as much at the time.

It's probably for the best hoping against all hope, I mean he did not even run the other day, and if his hamstring has gone for playing what ... 10mins of actual live football, then its not even worth it really.

The best chance we had of utilising prime Thiago was the season VVD was killed by Pickford and we ended up with Nat & Rhys at the back. He was also a key player in the attempted quad 2 seasons ago.

However, the summer gone was when we had to get rid as part of the midfield rebuild. I don't think anyone will pay money for him now, and he's a highly waged player.
There’s a really good reason no one will pay a penny

98 appearances in 4 years. £200k per week. Last season he made 14 league starts, nearly a year out with a hip injury, the list goes on. Great player at his best, but not ever nearly fit enough to be considered any sort of reliability or success.
£250k per appearance then

I have never thought he was that "brilliant". He seemed to always be playing for himself only. I'll place him with Ox, lots of promise but ultimately did not deliver.

I have never thought he was that "brilliant". He seemed to always be playing for himself only. I'll place him with Ox, lots of promise but ultimately did not deliver.
He’s a team player with brilliant talent. Don’t know how you can possibly get the impression that he played selfishly.
Real shame he’s injured again. That’s him done for LFC I guess..

He’s a team player with brilliant talent. Don’t know how you can possibly get the impression that he played selfishly.
Real shame he’s injured again. That’s him done for LFC I guess..
I didn't say he played selfishly but he always took his time to nurse himself back to health. Even for his last injury, we were not told of the exact injury (eg. ACL, broken bone etc), just that he was "injured". Even when he was back, Klopp always mentioned he was "not ready". He took longer than others to get himself back, even then he still "broke down" as quickly with another mysterious injury.

I didn't say he played selfishly but he always took his time to nurse himself back to health. Even for his last injury, we were not told of the exact injury (eg. ACL, broken bone etc), just that he was "injured". Even when he was back, Klopp always mentioned he was "not ready". He took longer than others to get himself back, even then he still "broke down" as quickly with another mysterious injury.
So you think he’s a guy who prefers not to play?

I don't think it was his fault at all, and no indications about poor attitude or anything like that. It is not like when he ever did return from injury he was ever overweight or anything.

I think he's just broken, for want of a better term. Happens to most players I guess but relatively early with him.

He’s always been injury prone though. Great player but that was the main concern about signing him.

Yes, we should have known and would have known but obviously took the risk anyway. Shouldn't have done.

Although his brilliance was on display from his first appearance, it took a while before he started to actually jive with our style of play. And then his stop-start availability obviously impacted our ability to build around him. I don't think we were ever able to integrate or use him anywhere near his potential.

A massive, if somewhat predictable, disappointment overall. But we'll always have that Champions League goal and the many updates injury reports to remember him by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom