• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tonights Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, Bordeaux waste another penalty.

Chelsea make it four with a Perea OG.

Seeing Xabi in this fucking white shirt almost makes me cry every time. It's so wrong.

Michael Carrick, Wayne Rooney, Patrick Evra, Darren Fletcher and Ryan Giggs all didn't travel to Russia.

Shows you the squad Ferguson's got to play with. every one of those cunts would have waltzed into our team on Tuesday night.

EDIT: Sorry, Carrick came on for the last 2 minutes.

Happy Milan won ... They didn't deserve it based on the 1st half but hey ... Pato is just a phenomenal talent, and let's hope he stays with Milan and isn't seduced by Chavski.

On another note, Xabi looked 'meh' again. He hasn't had one really good game since moving to Madrid ...

I really like Bordeaux's left-back, Benoit Tremoulinas. He's a bit short and slight, but VERY quick and skilful. At 23, I would guess he is the next Lizarazu/Evra/Clichy in the great French LB production line. We should buy him before Wenger or Fergie does.

This has got to be sweet for all the Scousers who've been getting shit off the Blue Noses.

I just got a text from a Scouse red who's out with a Bluenose:

"I've now entered rip mode"

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=36600.msg969031#msg969031 date=1256240013]
*confused*
[/quote]

I'll stop posting.

I had rather nagging toothache during the night, so got up and switched the TV on, and that Everton game was just starting.

Firstly, Moyes has had some woeful luck with injuries. It was the same last season, and worryingly for him and them it's consistently their better, more immportant players that are ruled out. Tonight again, they had a full choice 11 out. Jagielka, Baines, Jacobsen, Neville, Arteta, Osman, etc etc. All shoe-in's for their best side. The side Moyes was forced to put out was a shambles; an 18 year old right-back in his first ever game deployed at left-back, he got the fucking run-around all night. Dan Gosling at right-back, who I tried to ring the Portugese Police for, such was the anal fist raping Di Maria was giving him down Everton's right flank. A Midfield pairing of Rodwell, who's not at that level yet, and Fellaini who's just not a 16M pound player. Jo was up front and was utterly hopeless.

Benfica murdered them, and Benfica are fucking average. 5-0 was unfair, as it could have been 8 or 9 if Benfica had have put a concerted effort in. In spite of all this, Moyes had some senior players out there, who he's got to be held accountable for - Distin's not very good, ditto Fellaini, Hibbert and Jo. He's got other garbage floating around that side too. The young Russian Bilyaletidinov looks alright, two good feet, and a willing sort. But all in all, they're not a very good side, they've been overtaken by Spurs, City, and possibly Villa, and don't have the players, resources or Stadium to compete properly for the Top 4 anymore. I wonder how much longer Moyes will stick around really.

I think after this season Moyes will move on if Everton continues to struggle. It will do him no good to preside over two or three consecutive disappointing seasons (assuming this season doesn't work out for them). They don't have the resources to push any further forward and have overachieved the last few years, mostly due to Moyes' management. That being said, I'm not really sure where Moyes could go to that would be a step up. The jobs at the top four are secure right now (and I don't see him being first choice at any of them anyways), 'arry is doing a job at Spurs, Sparky seems to be putting his mark on City, and O'Neill is solid at Villa. Where to, then?

[quote author=irishred link=topic=36600.msg969239#msg969239 date=1256268619]
Scotland or Celtic perhaps??
[/quote]

Decent suggestions but I don't see either of those working out either. While he'd undoubtedly win a league title or two with the Buoys the budget restrictions there make competing in Europe even more of a pipe dream than competing for a Champions League place with Everton.

Maybe the Scottish national team could work and he would certainly be an absolute hero if he could get them to qualify (and I would be ecstatic!) but I can't see him as an international manager. Don't have anything other than gut feeling backing that up but I get the sense he likes being occupied motivating players from day to day.

And, of course, I can't see him going to the Continent either.

I just don't see any steps that are anything other than sideways. If he weren't The People's Cunt I'd almost feel sorry for him.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=36600.msg969164#msg969164 date=1256250934]
Dan Gosling at right-back, who I tried to ring the Portugese Police for, such was the anal fist raping Di Maria was giving him down Everton's right flank.

Fellaini who's just not a 16M pound player. [/quote]

ha ha ha ha

One thin about Fellaini is that he will score 8-10 goals every season because of his aerial ability. While he may not be great in other facets, that is exactly what Everton need from one of their defensive midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom