• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tsimikas' interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Tsimikas is the type of signing I hope we can replicate more often - doubt many/any heard of him when we signed him (for a pretty reasonable fee of £11.75m too).

https://specials.gazzetta.gr/footba...R0*MTY4NDE2NTEzMi4xLjEuMTY4NDE2NTE1NS4wLjAuMA..

[article]
Liverpool fullback Kostas Tsimikas has paid tribute to former sports director Michael Edwards.

Tsimikas was signed by Edwards, who left Liverpool at the end of last season.

The Greece defender told Gazzetta: "Usually these people do everything.

"He (Edwards) has made a lot of important changes in the team, very important transfers. He brought me here too and I'm very happy about it. Because if it wasn't for that man and the entire scouting department of the team, I wouldn't be here.

"I think that if it wasn't for him, the team wouldn't have reached where it is now, with all the trophies it has won. So I, in turn, and the team thank him very much for what he did for all of us."

Of his own situation, Tsimikas also stated: "This is very difficult for me. Because many times I come here happy, full, ready to give everything. I go out on the field, I give everything and in the end I don't play and that's not easy.

"I understand, we are 22 players, we can't all play. It's very difficult and people can't understand it, because people only see how much money the footballer gets, what a life he leads and all this.
For me this is the most difficult, at times you have to come to terms with some situations that make you feel very disadvantaged.

"You ask yourself 'what do I need to do more of? What do I need to improve on? Am I not good?'. And that's how all the problems start."

As for his future, he added: "Liverpool is the team that has raised me in football. From the people who work in the club, to the chefs, you see that everyone is equal, they see you as a person here. From day one they hugged me tight, loved me, showed me the way, everything I want is here. There is no better atmosphere in a team I think. So, I haven't thought about it (leaving)."
[/article]

Last edited:
I don't doubt him when he says he hasn't thought about leaving, but it's clear from the interview that he wants more games. We need to think a bit more about that.

I don't doubt him when he says he hasn't thought about leaving, but it's clear from the interview that he wants more games. We need to think a bit more about that.

Especially given that Robbo's form has been a bit more patchy this season and last, I don't see why we don't play the Greek at least a bit more.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he wants out despite the show of emotion, he needs to move if he wants to play

Some guys are just happy being a #2 sticking around a successful team.

Origi was one, Gomez is another and I believe Kostas is also in that bracket.

Maybe Klopp is committing to a new formation in which having two players who are a traditional attacking LB are a bit too much given the need for players in other areas of the pitch.

Maybe Klopp is committing to a new formation in which having two players who are a traditional attacking LB are a bit too much given the need for players in other areas of the pitch.
Yeah, and also that Tsimikas is one of our more saleable assets.

Some guys are just happy being a #2 sticking around a successful team.

Origi was one, Gomez is another and I believe Kostas is also in that bracket.
Gomez isn't happy, but he knows his playing time is reduced mainly due to injury. Origi had the option to stay but decided to leave for playing time.
If we are to bring in a CB, 3 MFs and a Full back, people like Thiago, Tsimikas and Matip need to give way. Klopp can just turn Adrian to coach and not register him.

Gomez isn't happy, but he knows his playing time is reduced mainly due to injury. Origi had the option to stay but decided to leave for playing time.
If we are to bring in a CB, 3 MFs and a Full back, people like Thiago, Tsimikas and Matip need to give way. Klopp can just turn Adrian to coach and not register him.
Are you deliberately trying to upset Alisson? We have Taffarel (at Ali's request) alongside Achterberg, and they are responsible for all of our keepers - both senior and junior, so there's absolutely no coaching position for Adrian.

Are you deliberately trying to upset Alisson? We have Taffarel (at Ali's request) alongside Achterberg, and they are responsible for all of our keepers - both senior and junior, so there's absolutely no coaching position for Adrian.
Why the fuck is Adrian still here? He takes up a space as an OS player

Er, that's three things, Kostas mate. :p

More seriously, that doesn't seem like someone who's itching to get away for whatever reason, and players like Kostas (or big Divock of blessed memory) who are OK with being stand-ins but good enough to maintain our usual standards when they do get picked are worth their weight in gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom