• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Utd 99 + Liverpool 20 combined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mors

Well-Known
Sky are running an article where you can select your combined team from both of these great teams, McLaren seems to think the spastic that only Virgil would get into it.

Although that Utd team had some fantastic players, I'm going to have to leave some out to fit my current 433 formation to play in todays league (which means no fullbacks that only defend).

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-2020-pick-your-combined-xi-and-who-would-win

...................Schmeichel
Trent....Stam.....Virgil.........Robbo
............Scholes......Keane
....................Hendo?
Salah......Bobby........Mane

This means leaving out Beckham, Giggs, Cole and Yorke. Apart from Giggs, I'm not arsed about the other 3. If Giggs came in I'd probably drop Bobby, Salah upfront, Mane Right, Giggs left. I think our front 3 scores more than if you played Cole/Yorke/Sheringham together.
Wasn't sure who to put in the no.10 as neither team has a creative player that far forward, so went for the 3 workhorses.

I dunno, it's a bunch of 4-4-2 players shoe-horned into a 4-3-3 or vice versa.

All I can say is that Stam, Keane, Scholes and Giggs should definitely be in the team.
Yorke, Sheringham, Cole were all great strikers, but the players are so different now compared to then.
Irwin is one of the best, if not the best, left back in the premier league era.

Yea it’s all about the systems, you don’t really need Beckham when you have Trent and Robertson is necessary when your fullbacks are providing width and attacking threat but I’d have Irwin in a 442.

Giggs, Mo, Virgil, Keane imo could make either XI playing either system.

I despised every fucking cunt from that team. Fucking played off the field by Bayern in the CL final. Should have been 5-0 before they scored 2 on added time. Not a chance in hell that I consider 1 off them for this beautiful moment in my Liverpoolsupporting time.

The only thing I liked about that team is the joke of the end of season dinner, where the waiter politely adresses Ferguson first and ask how he wants his steak done. After replying medium the waiter follow up: "What about the vegatables?" whereas Ferguson reply "They will have the same."

We're the better team so for me it's a matter of which of their players you'd use in our system. Personally I'd take Stam, Keane, and Scholes.

Giggs wasn't prolific enough to replace Mane or Salah. Firmino is too integral to the attack to consider dropping.

Stupid comparison.

We are greater than the sum of our parts so will often lose out in a poll like this. Same with Arsenal’s invincibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom