• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Villa Boas vs the Press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
His post match interview was fantastic.
He probably and rightly hasnt noticed the bias against us and Arsenal either but he has certainly noticed the pro-Manchester bias.
His comment re-City was brilliant as were his comments about Gary Neville.
I enjoyed that and I happen to agree. City have every chance of going out of Europe and its barelg mentioned.
No one likes us (and them) etc.

Also why was Fergie dressed as Michael Jackson in his pre-match interview?

He's still a poor man's Jose and I hate Jose with a passion ...so obviously i think this lad is a gimp too.

It's just the arrogance ....yeah i know "winners" are allowed to be arrogant but fuck they're still cunts .

"I hope they qualify, sincerely," said Villas-Boas, who is now preparing to host Premier League leaders City at Stamford Bridge next Monday and had previously accused the media of a premeditated agenda in Saturday's win at Newcastle.

"But the approach to Manchester City is basically, 'if they qualify, they qualify. If they don't qualify, they don't qualify'. We don't get that margin, basically, from you guys (the media).

"I will never criticise your editorial choices, but it is a reality. People take a perspective that is out of this world.

"We see a Manchester United defender (Gary Neville) today say in the preparations for the game and says things like, 'I don't want to be one of the Chelsea players today', 'I couldn't play this game' and 'It is a difficult game for them'.

"This is out of this world, for me. I don't believe this.

"This is continuous persecution of Chelsea. Continuous aggressiveness towards one club. We have become your target, we accept that.

"But you have to accept that today was a brilliant win. And tomorrow, it is unfortunate for you guys, because you have to report on a brilliant win for Chelsea and qualifying first.

"It is difficult for everybody and tomorrow is difficult for you guys."

Of course if Rafa had said anything remotely like that, it would have been held up by the usual trolls on here as the continuing sign of his megalomania and by the press as a sign of his insanity.

Be interesting to see how the press react to that and how they treat him going forward. I suspect there will be a bit of the "How dare Johnny foreign manager come here and tell us what to about it".

Be different if Redknapp said it.

I also think it's because he's so young, and he's never played the game, the british press were always likely to stick the boot in at every opportunity. It's Chelsea...Nice to see it.

Hopefully Ferguson's successor will also get the constant judgement at every misstep. It breeds mistrust in the manager from the stands to the players.

Good thing for us is Kenny demands that respect from the press. I think it helps.

[quote author=Mistadobalina link=topic=47824.msg1439549#msg1439549 date=1323246809]
I also think it's because he's so young, and he's never played the game, the british press were always likely to stick the boot in at every opportunity. It's Chelsea...Nice to see it.

Hopefully Ferguson's successor will also get the constant judgement at every misstep. It breeds mistrust in the manager from the stands to the players.

Good thing for us is Kenny demands that respect from the press. I think it helps.
[/quote]

That's because Kenny knows how to manage the press and has a sneering contempt for them. His handling of the press since day 1 of his reappointment has been first class. He gives them nothing to feed off.

As for Ferguson's successor getting constant judgement? Believe it when I see it!

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=47824.msg1439546#msg1439546 date=1323245808]
Of course if Rafa had said anything remotely like that, it would have been held up by the usual trolls on here as the continuing sign of his megalomania and by the press as a sign of his insanity.

Be interesting to see how the press react to that and how they treat him going forward. I suspect there will be a bit of the "How dare Johnny foreign manager come here and tell us what to about it".

[/quote]

It would headline as Rafa's Rant

I agree with a lot of what he said there. Some good comments.

He's talking bollocks. He took over a side that finished 2nd or 1st for the past loads of years and they're getting dicked home and away with the same squad. It's not a media driven agenda to point that out.

The squad is older though and a lot of the players are past it.

Instead of the old "never write United off, they're so boss..." shite whenever they go through a sticky patch, Chelsea got slated. He has a point.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=47824.msg1439594#msg1439594 date=1323253866]
He sounds like Jose in that interview.
[/quote]
He does but not quite as arrogant.

He does raise some rather interesting points.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=47824.msg1439650#msg1439650 date=1323260623]
[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=47824.msg1439594#msg1439594 date=1323253866]
He sounds like Jose in that interview.
[/quote]
He does but not quite as arrogant.

He does raise some rather interesting points.
[/quote]

Give him time mate.....

In all honesty i quite like him.

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=47824.msg1439562#msg1439562 date=1323250688]
[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=47824.msg1439546#msg1439546 date=1323245808]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its a fact

I agree with Woland. The reason City aren't under the same scrutiny in the CL is because they're top of the league and playing brilliant football. Whereas Chelsea have been mostly shite.

There was no anti-Chelsea bias when Mourinho managed them.

I sympathise with AVB really. The squad he has now is the weakest we've seen at any time under their owner and the competition is at it's fiercest.

I don't believe there's a conspiracy against them, but I reckon one or two journalists wouldn't mind stirring things up a bit.

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=47824.msg1439562#msg1439562 date=1323250688]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That it would; and if Chelsea lose their next games it probably will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom