• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glen doesn't play like a the " owner of 55 international caps, 250 Premier league appearances, and over 30M in transfer value". He plays like he couldn't give a shit. I was one of his biggest fans but we need better a RB. I thought the Glen of late would be a player you'd hate? The basics of defending seem a chore for him.

Robinson isn't the answer. I don't want him anywhere near our first team. Yeah he was skinned by Navas, a player who is lightning fast. Jack Robinson won't be the last player to be burned down the line by that kick and run merchant. I'd forgive him that. He'll be at Blackpool or some other championship team on loan in a few weeks anyway.

Easier to forgive a kid like Robinson than Johnson who fair outweighs him with experience and talent. It's not as if Glen had a one off average game. He's been in a slump for two years now.

This. I'd like to point out that I don't think Robbo is good enough, but slating a kid while continuously championing a veteran who's got away with it for years, smacks of hypocrisy, and his appearance stats are pretty irrelevant, other than account for the fact that he's got away for it for longer.

In fairness to Robinson, he was left pretty much on his own to defend down that side. Sterling only helped a couple of times. Still when Sakho came on we looked much more assured.

Was he decent in that half in your opinion or was I very tired this morning?
Can, Sakho, Hendo and Sterling looked very good

Equally amazing that some people can't discern the difference between Glen Johnson - owner of 55 international caps, 250 Premier league appearances, and over 30M in transfer value - and Jack Robinson - owner of a few 90's indie mixtapes.

Glen Johnson is fucking mustard, Ryan.

Was Ryan not having a go at Johnson as well? May be I read it wrong..but I thought he meant Johnson is no better than Robinson at the moment in spite of having all those accomplishments to his name.....annyhooo..

Didn't watch the game but remember when Robinson fully merked Walcott and everyone thought he was the shit? What happened?

I thought he was decent going forward and supported well. Comfortable on the ball but yeah struggled with Navas pace (as most Fbs do mind)

That's fair. But getting flayed by the winger is a hell of a fly in the ointment. As a matter of fact it's more like there is a massive fly with a little bit of ointment on his foot.

Didn't watch the game but remember when Robinson fully merked Walcott and everyone thought he was the shit? What happened?

Yep, he was great in that game. Showed pace to go with Walcott down the line time and time again.

I don't anyone is saying we should give up Robinson just yet but he isn't ready to compete for first choice as of now.

Reading through this thread after the fact is good fun.

SCM is desperate for things to go horrible wrong after so much optimism last season.

Really enjoyed Fox's commentary last night. Not only were US viewers blessed with Warren Barton droning on incessantly and never shutting up, the main commentator had a gem of a performance.

-Called Fernandinho "Fernando" time after time.
-Called Jordan Henderson "Jack" Henderson on his goal.
-Confused Kolo for Sakho.
-Called Raheem "Daniel Sterling" at least once.
-Repeatedly called a short lay-off pass a "hand-off"

l75gEsO.png
l75gEsO.png
l75gEsO.png

SCM is desperate for things to go horrible wrong after so much optimism last season.

Really enjoyed Fox's commentary last night. Not only were US viewers blessed with Warren Barton droning on incessantly and never shutting up, the main commentator had a gem of a performance.

l75gEsO.png
l75gEsO.png
l75gEsO.png
Fernando and Fernandinho are two different people...

I don't think Fernandinho featured at all though.

Just to make myself clear, the use of the word 'mustard' where I'm from is not complimentary.
Mustard as in, that wee boy is bloody mustard, you would need eyes on your arse with him?

l75gEsO.png
l75gEsO.png
l75gEsO.png
They bought Fernando this season from Porto Fernandinho has been with City since last year both are Brazilian .

Just watched the game now and I thought he had a good game. Getting ran past by Navas a few times doesnt change that. He's still a 20 year old kid.
Supported well and looked pretty decent.
Rather continue with him than pay 10 mill for Bertrand.
You mean the fact that we directly shipped two goals because he got burned means that he did well? You having a laugh? Cos Robinson just showed us that he's not going to feature for us this season.

You mean the fact that we directly shipped two goals because he got burned means that he did well? You having a laugh? Cos Robinson just showed us that he's not going to feature for us this season.

No, I'm not having a laugh. He got skinned by Navas a few times and was beaten for pace on the first goal.
He was decent on the ball and supported well. He was quite positive imho, after being pretty shite and having quite a poor attitude.

If you read the rest I agree that he wont feature for us but if he has a decent game vs Milan and the rest of pre season it might get him a decent loan.
He'll either improve and return or we'll get a fee for him.

Christ, how much shite do people come up with just because you think a young kid was quite positive in a game vs the champions.

No, I'm not having a laugh. He got skinned by Navas a few times and was beaten for pace on the first goal.
He was decent on the ball and supported well. He was quite positive imho, after being pretty shite and having quite a poor attitude.

If you read the rest I agree that he wont feature for us but if he has a decent game vs Milan and the rest of pre season it might get him a decent loan.

Christ, how much shite do people come up with just because you think a young kid was quite positive in a game vs the champions.
Easy now Hansern. You're at a 7.
I need you to be at a 2.

People just talk shite in general mate, you should know this by now. It's preseason, it's testing players and it means sod all. I swear people are pissed off they didn't get the heavy defeat they all wanted to lay into, with their "Suarez-less Liverpool" write ups at the ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom