• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wernot gonna get him

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s worth the fee though, and would have been a very good signing. You can hope he’ll fail at Chelsea but its written in the oil covered stars that he’ll be a success..
He's only worth the fee if he bangs them in, he wasnt great at Stuttgart initially.

Chelsea have a questionable success rate when it comes to strikers. Only Drogba, Anelka, Hazard and Costa you could say have been good buys.

But then they've bought forwards like Kezman, Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres, Kalou, Lukaku, Sturridge, Falcao, Morata, Mutu, Batshuayi, Ba, Eto'o.

We are not going to pay Werner £180k a week to sit on the bench when we still have the likes of Origi, Shaq and Minamino covering the front three. It makes no sense from a playing or financial perspective. We still need left back cover for Robertson. It wasnt worth blowing £50m of our transfer budget for a non priority position

As for assuming were skint based on nothing but not signing Werner (see @Halmeister) I'd argue the opposite.

But it's not just based on that. The basic briefing FSG have put out is that because of the loss of revenue during lockdown and beyond, the club is not in a financial position to make any significant signings, or any signings at all, this summer. Now that's straight out of the Sybil Fawlty School of the Bleeding Obvious if it refers to now, but I still think it's assuming way too many variables to extend that statement into the autumn or beyond. If they're honest, no top league club has much of a clue what things will be like once this season is over. If you're rational you surely look at the most plausible scenarios, make a set of alternative plans, but keep open to how things may or may not develop.

Both combined you mean?

No. Wolves are rich, and any reports I've seen for Traore have him priced at upwards of £50m. You might have been able to get both for £50m about 10 years ago, like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom