• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Ham (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Squiggles

Their defence is comically bad, but they do have a few players who will cause us problems.

Obinna is their main danger man. On loan from Inter, he's done a lot of damage recently - a return of 8 goals and 7 assists in 17 appearances make good reading for a winger. I would go so far to say as we should be keeping a close eye on him in the summer.

Cole does have his days when he's pretty unplayable at times. They come once in a blue moon, but we'll have to be on our guard. Keane will definitely have a point to prove against us.

We'll have to watch out - West Ham aren't cannon fodder and they are capable of getting surprise results. Their squad's better than the position suggests.

Our attack should rip them to pieces. I expect us to score at least 2. Obinna is hit and miss. Some games unplayable some games as nothing close to a threat. Keane may have a point to prove but he hasn't done anything for a good while now. I expect soto to mark coke out the game, glenjo to keep close to obinna and skrtl/agger/carra to keep keane quiet. If we don't play soto we are running a risk but our defence should be ok. Question is whether lucas can keep near parker. If lucas had one of his better days then we should be ok.

It will be a tough game, and I think we'll line up in the same way we did at Stamford Bridge.

I agree Squiggs, they've got the ability to score a few goals, they're just shit at the back though. Obinna looks quality.

Yep, all of a sudden they've got this squadron of black bombers (Cole, Pickeyhead, Baa) who could be a right handful.

If Kelly and GlenJo are both out, we may be somewhat nervy.

WHU always gives us a hard game and I expect nothing less this time. We have a few injury problems so the team selection should be interesting.

With Suarez in the team, we'll always have a chance of winning.

Keane may have a point to prove but he wont be doing it on Sunday. He's out injured for at least a month

Liverpool - Jamie Redknapp reveals Thomas Hitzlsperger trial
By Mark Bollons February 25, 2011

Former Liverpool midfielder Jamie Redknapp has revealed how West Ham midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger could have joined the Reds.

The German international was on trial at Anfield whilst still a teenager, and the Sky Sports pundit revealed how the player left his mark on the Liverpool players, and particularly himself.

"I remember Thomas Hitzlsperger from a mark he left on the top of my right foot during a routine Liverpool training session one afternoon," Redknapp told the Daily Mail.

"He was a young teenager on trial, eager to please, and he had made an impact initially because he kept the ball - a useful skill for a midfielder. He had been invited to join the first team and I remember his close control, his neat passing and, of course, his screamer of a shot with his left foot."

Instead of joining Liverpool, the 28-year-old joined Aston Villa from the Bayern Munich youth side, and has gone on to have an impressive career to date with the aforementioned abilities.

"They are qualities that have since earned him 52 caps for Germany, the armband of the national team and the nickname 'Der Hammer'," Redknapp concluded.

Hitzlsperger will come up against Liverpool this weekend, when the Hammers host Kenny Dalglish's Reds in a crucial Barclays Premier League clash at Upton Park.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=44345.msg1290987#msg1290987 date=1298600231]
Our attack should rip them to pieces. I expect us to score at least 2. Obinna is hit and miss. Some games unplayable some games as nothing close to a threat. Keane may have a point to prove but he hasn't done anything for a good while now. I expect soto to mark coke out the game, glenjo to keep close to obinna and skrtl/agger/carra to keep keane quiet. If we don't play soto we are running a risk but our defence should be ok. Question is whether lucas can keep near parker. If lucas had one of his better days then we should be ok.
[/quote]

We better not play Lucas and Poulsen in CM against Parker and Noble (either of whom I wouldn't mind in our squad) or we'll be giving them a chance of an upset, especially at their place.

Should be a decent test for our ever improving defence this weekend (Just read that we've only conceded 1 goal in 630 mins and that was offside).

West Ham were the poorest performers at Anfield last season. They capitulated without anything resembling a fight. That'll do again.

After all those knocks before and during last night's game, it's going to be hard predicting who we're able to put out this weekend.
Assuming we have Agger, Aurelio, Johnson and Gerrard all out, then I guess we'll use a patched up team like this:

Reina
Kelly Carra Skrtel Wilson
Kuyt Spearing Lucas Maxi
Meireles
Suarez

Subs: Jones, Kyrgiakos, Poulsen, Pacheco, Cole, Jovanovic, Ngog

We'll need the full magic of Ming and Suarez as well as a focused defence to come back with 3 points.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=44345.msg1291249#msg1291249 date=1298646365]
West Ham were the poorest performers at Anfield last season. They capitulated without anything resembling a fight. That'll do again.
[/quote]

They were this season too, but they're always much stronger at home. I think this might be a draw.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=44345.msg1290986#msg1290986 date=1298599891]
Their defence is comically bad, but they do have a few players who will cause us problems.

Obinna is their main danger man. On loan from Inter, he's done a lot of damage recently - a return of 8 goals and 7 assists in 17 appearances make good reading for a winger. I would go so far to say as we should be keeping a close eye on him in the summer.

Cole does have his days when he's pretty unplayable at times. They come once in a blue moon, but we'll have to be on our guard. Keane will definitely have a point to prove against us. We'll have to watch out - West Ham aren't cannon fodder and they are capable of getting surprise results. Their squad's better than the position suggests.
[/quote]

Wha? That he's still completely shit?

[quote author=studsup link=topic=44345.msg1291264#msg1291264 date=1298648987]
After all those knocks before and during last night's game, it's going to be hard predicting who we're able to put out this weekend.
Assuming we have Agger, Aurelio, Johnson and Gerrard all out, then I guess we'll use a patched up team like this:

Reina
Kelly Carra Skrtel Wilson
Kuyt Spearing Lucas Maxi
Meireles
Suarez

Subs: Jones, Kyrgiakos, Poulsen, Pacheco, Cole, Jovanovic, Ngog

We'll need the full magic of Ming and Suarez as well as a focused defence to come back with 3 points.
[/quote]

I know what you're saying Studsup but if we have to play that team we're in trouble I think. I think Stevie and Glen might be ok though.

Yeah I know it hurts to see that team but Agger, Aurelio and Gerrard aren't quick in recovering from injuries, and the nature of Johnson's injury (Archilles) seems to take longer to recover from as well.

I was going to add the possibility of Kelly being out too, Sotos nursing head and mouth aches and maybe Ming suffering from the heavy neck/shoulder crash he took in the Sparta game but I realized that I wasn't going to be held responsible for mass suicides this weekend.

[quote author=studsup link=topic=44345.msg1291511#msg1291511 date=1298682106]
Yeah I know it hurts to see that team but Agger, Aurelio and Gerrard aren't quick in recovering from injuries, and the nature of Johnson's injury (Archilles) seems to take longer to recover from as well.

I was going to add the possibility of Kelly being out too, Sotos nursing head and mouth aches and maybe Ming suffering from the heavy neck/shoulder crash he took in the Sparta game but I realized that I wasn't going to be held responsible for mass suicides this weekend.
[/quote]

images

Can you be less optimistic?

[quote author=Modo link=topic=44345.msg1291513#msg1291513 date=1298683487]

[/quote]

images

[/quote]

[quote author=iseered link=topic=44345.msg1291514#msg1291514 date=1298683693]
[quote author=Modo link=topic=44345.msg1291513#msg1291513 date=1298683487]

[/quote]

images

[/quote]
[/quote]
Thanks, was looking for a way to emphasize the 'be'.

Well, I could've put Poulsen in that starting lineup, given Spearing's just back from back-to-back injury spells.

So I can't be accused of being too much of a mean spirit!

[quote author=studsup link=topic=44345.msg1291521#msg1291521 date=1298686671]
Well, I could've put Poulsen in that starting lineup, given Spearing's just back from back-to-back injury spells.

So I can't be accused of being too much of a mean spirit!

[/quote]

NOOOOOO!!!!

OK, on a positive note Dalglish said that Kelly's substitution and Johnson's absence were precautionary and Agger's injury didn't look too bad. Gerrard was rested and Carroll is on his way back.

This is the optimistic line up:

Reina

Carra Skrtel Agger

Glenjo Kelly
Lucas
Meireles Gerrard

Kuyt Suarez

[quote author=Wilko link=topic=44345.msg1291533#msg1291533 date=1298698414]
I wonder if big Andy will be on the bench on Sunday.
[/quote] I really hope so.

I think we're suffering 'Roy' (dis)belief.
West Ham are fucking muck and a scratch outfit from Anfield should be plenty good enough to eviscerate them.

Reina
Agger
The Greek
Skrtel
Carragher

Lucas
Meireles
Gerrard

Kuyt
Cole
Suarez.

Status