• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Ham (H) 12 August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lacazette just missed a very good chance.
Arsenal playing much better this half

Allison...do you guys think at some point was thinking....' do these guys really need me ? Why do they bother having a goalkeeper'

Allison...do you guys think at some point was thinking....' do these guys really need me ? Why do they bother having a goalkeeper'
Nope I've never thought that, I doubt he did either. What I did think was having a competant keeper between the posts was far easier on the nerves.

Nope I've never thought that, I doubt he did either. What I did think was having a competant keeper between the posts was far easier on the nerves.
I think jamie picked upon it during the sky commentry...when he punched that ball out...it did not go to a player like Karius against Spurs..so maybe this is a good sign of luck from him...but have to say all this passing at the back - it makes me feel nervous.

Worth mentioning that West Ham looked a decent side for spells today. We were just much much better.

They managed to press our defenders much more than a lot of sides could last season (hence all the passing back to Allison, who, one wayward pass aside, looked utterly relaxed doing it).

They're gonna turn a lot of sides over. Anderson was especially impressive. Bit of a twat regards fouls & playing up to the ref, but aggressive as fuck, great control & very fast.

I'd be very surprised if we don't look back at this result after a few games & think it looks better in hindsight.

Yeah but

Dka7XUBW0AEzy_m.jpg

Great game and all that sweet stuff. No seriously, we played some wonderful football considering that it's the first game of the season.
Anyway a few minor observations:

Keita needs to stop dribbling in the middle of the pitch. I mean he has terrific close control but he's got to learn that in the prem you don't get that much time on the ball.

TAA looked rusty but the boy has huge potential. If his future is at RB he needs to work on his positioning.

Gomez had a decent game. Don't give up on the lad so easily. He's still learning the game. I thinks it's really useful to have a quick player like him at CB.

Robertson has clearly worked on his crossing which was an issue last season.

The trio in midfield did great today but let's be honest, West Ham didn't really test us in midfield. Noble is finished at top level, Wilshire isn't a dominant player. He's not controlling the midfield himself. They missed Lanzini. In all honesty we looked a bit more structured when Hendo came on.

Bonus:

Why hasn't anyone made a Benny Hill style video of the sequence in the game when two West Ham players got hit in the junk and were rolling around?

Did anyone notice a West Ham staff member refusing to shake Klopp's hand after the game. Just after the whistle had gone and they cut to Klopp.

Worth mentioning that West Ham looked a decent side for spells today. We were just much much better.

They managed to press our defenders much more than a lot of sides could last season (hence all the passing back to Allison, who, one wayward pass aside, looked utterly relaxed doing it).

They're gonna turn a lot of sides over. Anderson was especially impressive. Bit of a twat regards fouls & playing up to the ref, but aggressive as fuck, great control & very fast.

I'd be very surprised if we don't look back at this result after a few games & think it looks better in hindsight.
This. I was messaging a West Ham fan throughout the game who was obviously considering ending it all, but it was clear to me that with some more time to gel, and when they aren't playing a team as good as ours, they are going to be a real threat this season. They should be challenging for the Europa league.

Haha this is awesome, he looks good but already I'm thinking he could contract the Achterberg disease and turn out rubbish lol.. there are moment where he looks over confident... But no complaints happy to have him on board just for his positive energy

Allison probably was reading a few magazines today lol
Salah has disappointed me today.
Picked some poor options, not passed well, kept the ball too much, but worst of all, his body language has been terrible.

Wheres the happy smiley little fellow we all fell in love with. This shrugging, arm waving jumping up and down version isnt what we are used to.
I guess that's the next stage of being a great footballer is learning to maintain levels whilst but getting too frustrated... He was always positive but I agree he seems overeager today to score with every run. Not exactly a really bad thing just needs Klopp to put a word in his ear.

they are going to be a real threat this season. They should be challenging for the Europa league.

Ya'think?

The league is crazy competitive at the moment and for all the money spent, West Ham have got a lot of work to do.

Before Lallana was injured he was widely lauded on here and played a pivotal role in Klopp's team.

Now he's back from a VERY lengthy injury and he's suddenly shite and can't fit in anymore.

Come on you guys. If Klopp and his team still have faith in him, that's good enough for me.

Give him time. He's a fighter. It's gonna be a long season and we need all of them.

Indeed.

The season before last he was one of our best players and also internationally was one of Englands. I remember during the insistent whinge fest at the start of last season many people were talking about how we were missing his link play between midfield and attack and how we were not pressing as much without him.

It is true that during his injury he has to an extent been superceded by other players but I retain memory from the not too distant past where he was a highly gifted player for us and I hope he can be again.

As for the match itself...

Nowhere near our sharpest in terms of fitness upfront at all but a very comfortable win against a side who do have some talented players.

Alisson with 2 bits of silliness but nothing deeply perturbing.

TAA was a strange mix of excellent and wasteful.

That Keita lad looks excellent, we absolutely dominated midfield which is always nice to see.

At times excessive dilly dallying upfront when a good old blast at the net would have served us better.

Talking about dilly dallying... at times it looks like watching a video game are passing and movement can be superb, we won 4 nil but if it had been 8 nil it would not have been flattering, the scary thing is that we were nowhere near top gear. When we have a really good day and everything clicks we are going to be monumental.

Oh and the Ref... what a total twat he was...

But then that Linesman... awesome...

I wonder what the stats are for those games at Anfield when the opposing team insist we attack the Kop in the first half instead of the second? As cunning plans go, it always strikes me as incredibly naff, suggesting desperation and/or stupidity.

Just had a West Ham mate on telling me how bad their tactics were, and how everyone knows you need to try and Pulis it at Anfield. Some truth in that I think. Pellegrini's side probs not the best to measure ourselves against, while taking nothing from a great performance.

if you can get the ball wide and continuously into the box for 90 minutes you will get changes no matter who you play

Just had a West Ham mate on telling me how bad their tactics were, and how everyone knows you need to try and Pulis it at Anfield. Some truth in that I think. Pellegrini's side probs not the best to measure ourselves against, while taking nothing from a great performance.

They kind of did try and Pulis it, didn't they? The midfield sat on top of the defence for most of the game, and they tried to keep it tight. Their problem was that some of their midfielders started losing their discipline during the game.

Maybe they did, I thought that little shit of a number 8 gave TAA a hard time down the left wing in the first half. God knows why they switched him and I was glad to see him subbed.

A lot of their play was route 1 to Anderson on the left, or for arnautovic to run on to

Great game and all that sweet stuff. No seriously, we played some wonderful football considering that it's the first game of the season.
Anyway a few minor observations:

Keita needs to stop dribbling in the middle of the pitch. I mean he has terrific close control but he's got to learn that in the prem you don't get that much time on the ball.

TAA looked rusty but the boy has huge potential. If his future is at RB he needs to work on his positioning.

Gomez had a decent game. Don't give up on the lad so easily. He's still learning the game. I thinks it's really useful to have a quick player like him at CB.

Robertson has clearly worked on his crossing which was an issue last season.

The trio in midfield did great today but let's be honest, West Ham didn't really test us in midfield. Noble is finished at top level, Wilshire isn't a dominant player. He's not controlling the midfield himself. They missed Lanzini. In all honesty we looked a bit more structured when Hendo came on.

Bonus:

Why hasn't anyone made a Benny Hill style video of the sequence in the game when two West Ham players got hit in the junk and were rolling around?

Did anyone notice a West Ham staff member refusing to shake Klopp's hand after the game. Just after the whistle had gone and they cut to Klopp.

keita looked like he knows exactly when to hold the ball and when to release the ball. nothing wrong with dribbling while your wide options move into position

robertson's crossing was not an issue last season, IMO

Maybe they did, I thought that little shit of a number 8 gave TAA a hard time down the left wing in the first half. God knows why they switched him and I was glad to see him subbed.
Yep. Cuntish little player but from that brief snapshot of him I think he'll be their best player, & one every other team hates.

Arnutovich (sp) looked decent too, the way he brought down that ball that he then shot wide was incredible, blasted at pace right at him & he just deftly touched it down to set up the shot.

Our forwards can do that shit, but rare you see others do it.

keita looked like he knows exactly when to hold the ball and when to release the ball. nothing wrong with dribbling while your wide options move into position

robertson's crossing was not an issue last season, IMO
My problem is Keita taking chances in the middle of the pitch. I saw him do that a few times and almost lost the ball against both West Ham and Torino.

Robertson crossing wasn't awful last season but not great either.
Even Klopp commented on it.

“Finally he found his crosses, I thought they were in Scotland or somewhere!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom