• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who do you want ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw him today actually.
7797710-1x1-940x940.jpg

Buffon (free)
De Ligt
Brandt
Werner
Van Der Beek
Mendy (Lyon LB)
Fekir
Dembele
Pepe
Assensio
Sancho
Felix
Ndombele

Just a few names to get you started

Very simple this:

First of all with regard to Man City - all of you keep going on about their great depth but the truth is they struggled when a few were injured so in terms of having like for like in each position - yes they do but the quality is not that equal. Of their squad or starting eleven the one player I would easily want is Bernado Silva, apart from that we have good enough options, but clearly not enough to challenge on all fronts like they have. As pointed out by some on this site, when our subs have been called upon in the CL/PL - they have covered well and made a difference.

So in terms of what we need - it will depend on who is going out - Sturridge, Lallana, and Moreno for sure.

1) AM - An attacking Midfielder who will stay fit - for this I would go for Hakim Ziyech - I think he could cover us for Firminio and also act as the type of player to unlock defences. The other alternative is Fekir if we take the risk, also willing to take a risk on others that are

2) DM - We have all seen the value of Fabinio in our team as the main DM, we need someone of equal size and backup to him. Personally I would recall Marco Grujic, and let him be that guy through good training etc. This would cost us nothing and from all accounts his loan spell seems to be going really well, we need to integrate this kid into our squad.

3) CB - I think we have very good CB's as it is. But we have in the past two seasons faced situations where 3 of 4 have been injured - remember Brighton away the season before, and this season against Wolves in the FA Cup. Situations like that are not good, so we need to add a 5th one to the ranks, pre-requisite must be a good reader of the game with good pace, and a big mother fucker.

4) LB/RB - Clearly we need cover for these positions as I think Gomez is prone to injuries in this position and not that great. I have no fucking idea but we need adequate intelligent cover. Don't mind if we buy, but preference should be from our youth if there is one with potential.

Milner Issue - - if he goes - how do we replace such a player who is the equivalent of a military aircraft that is termed a 'multi-role' aircraft ? - fuck me the guy is CM, Winger, and LB/RB - how do you replace such a player ? - I know this sounds horrible, but I also want some Brit Grit in the team, which Milner has provided. Personally I would not mind getting another veteran around 27-29 years of age from another PL team who has experience like Milner and a tough attitude.

Striker Issue - Some of you want a striker - given that we have two of the top goal scorers and Origi as backup, I don't think we can get a top class striker and tell him to sit on the bench. So I am going to make a choice which is going to make you think I am a bigger 'MORON' than I already sound. Now, whenever I have seen him play against us or United last season - he has been a real pain, he plays for West Brom - name is Jay Rodriguez (yes you all know him). Scored 22 goals this season for them, and has fighting qualities, and PL experience. Would prefer this option rather than the striker names being mentioned from the German league.

Let me know your thoughts.

Now that we’re at a rather splendid level I think I ‘d like us to spend $75m+ on a sure thing regardless of the position, assuming this person is better than our second choice in that position.

Maybe roll the dice on one well researched andy Robertson type bargain for under $10m.

Only one or two players per window from now on.

If possible I’d like a pacier Firmino who scores more and a new left back.

Now that we’re at a rather splendid level I think I ‘d like us to spend $75m+ on a sure thing regardless of the position, assuming this person is better than our second choice in that position.

Maybe roll the dice on one well researched andy Robertson type bargain for under $10m.

Only one or two players per window from now on.

If possible I’d like a pacier Firmino who scores more and a new left back.

That VVD - he has ruined us all !!!!

To be honest, I just think we need to replace what we lose (Studge, Moreno and Lallana) and add a RB to the list. Also, re-sign Millie for another year.

It'd be nice for another marquee signing (ala Alisson) but I think Jurgen will look to improve players (Brewster, Ox, Keita, Gruijic). We'll likely spend less than 100m.

Is there anyone we might actually sign who would get in Klopps starting eleven? I can't remember ever having the situation where our 1st choice is not weak in any area whatsoever.

People talk about the difference between us and City being their squad depth and ability to steamroll all the teams lower down in the league.

But this season we actually did better than them against the rest of the league. Take out our two head to heads and we have more points than them.

I agree with those who say keep the squad together, bring in some youth, and make just one or two top signings.

Still no idea who those one or two are though.

An forward who is comfortable on the left and up front - I wouldn't mind seeing how big we are now and if the likes of Coman might come to us.

LB - maybe Gomez will fill it but I have doubts over him being available for a whole season - don't see the point in paying loads for someone like Chilwell either. Maybe see if we can get Rose?

I'd go after Alderweireld too to replace Lovren.

I guess we need a new backup GK if Migs is off, and I think that's all we really need

Gomez is a world-class CB, sadly he's a shite full back.

We need reliable LB cover, a number 10 type, and another forward possibly.

If Origi this season has taught us anything it's that if you come back off loan improved and hungry you've got a chance. I'd imagine Klopp will taken a good look at Wilson, Woodburn, Grujic, Ings, Kent, and a couple of others.

But it all depends on who he lets go. Milner? Sturridge? Who knows?

I'd take James Maddison in a heartbeat but not 100% sure where he'd fit in our system. Might not have the discipline to be a #8. Great flair player with impressive passing range.

This is a big summer for us. We need to show that this isn't like previous times and we're here to stay.

For that reason, fuck the whole stick with what we've got, rely on Origi and Brewster or whoever.

We've been pretty lucky with injuries in the last couple seasons and despite that have still suffered due to our lack of depth in key areas. We've always been one or two injuries away from our season being a bust.

We need at least one top class forward to come in, an attacking midfielder in the City mould (e.g. Silva) to give us the option of changing things up and at least one fullback.

That's the bare minimum.

We need to capitalise on our standing by signing some first teamers to improve the squad. In defence someone of the mould of Koulibaily / de light. In midfield a neves / fekir

In attack A Sancho / dembele/ João Félix

I've heard people say we need to sign better second choice options - in an ideal world we need to sign people who are (or, more likely, have potential to be) better first choice options, so our current first choice eventually become our backup options & so on.

Obviously I don't expect us to sign someone who will automatically walk in to the team, as that rarely happens under Klopp and our quality is so high it is a tall ask, but if we aim for people who will always be backup, we are aiming way too low.

I've heard people say we need to sign better second choice options - in an ideal world we need to sign people who are (or, more likely, have potential to be) better first choice options, so our current first choice eventually become our backup options & so on.

Obviously I don't expect us to sign someone who will automatically walk in to the team, as that rarely happens under Klopp and our quality is so high it is a tall ask, but if we aim for people who will always be backup, we are aiming way too low.

Yeah, Pinocchio was moaning about the gap between our squad and spending levels and Spurs (ignoring the fact that our net spend is tiny also) by pointing out we had £100m on the bench with Fabinho and Keita not making the first XI.

And whatever the circumstances are, that IS what we need more of.

This is a big summer for us. We need to show that this isn't like previous times and we're here to stay.

For that reason, fuck the whole stick with what we've got, rely on Origi and Brewster or whoever.

We've been pretty lucky with injuries in the last couple seasons and despite that have still suffered due to our lack of depth in key areas. We've always been one or two injuries away from our season being a bust.

We need at least one top class forward to come in, an attacking midfielder in the City mould (e.g. Silva) to give us the option of changing things up and at least one fullback.

That's the bare minimum.

Ditto. At one point in time, we were down to bare bones in defence. Imagine that happening to our front trio.

- Africa Cup of Nations
- more games to play IF we win the Big Ears
- allow us to pose more serious challenge for domestic cups
- financially strong position with the prize monies and removing the likes of Moreno, Sturridge (and perhaps Clyne or even Lallana) off the wage bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom