• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
James Milner was known as the beacon of professionalism within the Liverpool dressing room and he tried to influence everyone positively during his time as our vice captain but it wasn’t always possible.

Speaking on the High Performance podcast, the 37-year-old said: “One of the young lads at Liverpool who come through, amazing ability, bit of a joker, great lad but maybe didn’t apply himself as much as he could. He didn’t do what he should, all the time.

“I remember in pre-season and we’re in the ice baths and we had 10 minutes, 15 minutes talking at him and it was one of those where, yeah you feel he’s listening but you know it’s in one ear out the other.

“You think, ‘we’re going to have to have that chat again’ and you get down the line and we have the conversation again and keep pushing him, every little thing.

“It’s tough because you see so many players who are amazing and have the ability but don’t realise the opportunity they have until it’s gone and it’s too late and they’re 24, 25 and they’re out of the game because they haven’t embraced all the facilities.

“They have everything and the kid at Liverpool is doing so well now and I’m delighted for him and you can see the character, how he’s changed and he’s kept that bubbliness and everything he’s about but he’s doing really well and his attitude’s topnotch and you know, sometimes, you just need to help him find that path, or the right way to do that.”

Any idea who he's talking about?

My guess is that it's Cujo.

Last edited:
Could be Harvey actually - didn’t he have a few marks against him for social media and attitude coming back from injury.

It could be either.

Deffo Jones I reckon, Elliott has been pretty spot on in his behaviour since he got here

James Milner was known as the beacon of professionalism within the Liverpool dressing room and he tried to influence everyone positively during his time as our vice captain but it wasn’t always possible.

Speaking on the High Performance podcast, the 37-year-old said: “One of the young lads at Liverpool who come through, amazing ability, bit of a joker, great lad but maybe didn’t apply himself as much as he could. He didn’t do what he should, all the time.

“I remember in pre-season and we’re in the ice baths and we had 10 minutes, 15 minutes talking at him and it was one of those where, yeah you feel he’s listening but you know it’s in one ear out the other.

“You think, ‘we’re going to have to have that chat again’ and you get down the line and we have the conversation again and keep pushing him, every little thing.

“It’s tough because you see so many players who are amazing and have the ability but don’t realise the opportunity they have until it’s gone and it’s too late and they’re 24, 25 and they’re out of the game because they haven’t embraced all the facilities.

“They have everything and the kid at Liverpool is doing so well now and I’m delighted for him and you can see the character, how he’s changed and he’s kept that bubbliness and everything he’s about but he’s doing really well and his attitude’s topnotch and you know, sometimes, you just need to help him find that path, or the right way to do that.”

Any idea who he's talking about?

My guess is that it's Cujo.
Naby Keita! Showed him his birth certificate to prove he was young still

Putting this in this thread since Modo's already shared something from it.

Anyway first time listening to this and thoroughly enjoyed it. Absolutely worth your time.

When asked what made Millie buy into Klopp's leadership early on, he shared about the experience after the 1st season when Klopp rallied the team at the dance floor after coming off from 2 cup final defeats and feeling absolutely deflated and said to them "This is only the beginning...."

Klopp - "Whatever we do we do it 100%. If we train, we train 100%, if we're playing we play 100% and if we party, we party 100%".

I heart Klopp so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom