• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why you don't mess with Skrtel..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Administrator
tumblr_m2akrbHbHq1rrkcpno1_500.gif

these two should be first names on our team sheet. whenever they have played together we have looked pretty solid at the back. what helps is that skrtel can play on right side of CB role with Agger on left. when skrtel plays on left when carra plays, it fucks him up.

If anyone care to find it, he also threw a punch in the Blackburn game prior to our goal. At least that's how it looked at first glance, was only showed once afterwards mind.

Agger and Skrtel are awesome and this partnership is improving. Skrtel has come on in leaps and bounds this season. He has improved every facet of his game and his passing has come along nicely.

This season he's become a leader, as seen the other night. I thought he suited the captaincy very well, and although he's probably not senior enough to get it yet its nice to know he's capable of it in the future. That ball he pinged to bellers the other night was fantastic. You can see him and Agger are relishing working with Kenny and Steve Clarke. Now if everyone else could just start banging in some goals please :)

Agger and Skrtel are awesome and this partnership is improving. Skrtel has come on in leaps and bounds this season. He has improved every facet of his game and his passing has come along nicely.

Not wishing to go back over old ground but, since you raise the point, Skrtel's passing was never that bad, certainly no worse than Agger's.

Not wishing to go back over old ground but, since you raise the point, Skrtel's passing was never that bad, certainly no worse than Agger's.
In my opinion Agger's the better passer of the ball out of the two but as you say Skrtel's passing has never been his main challenge.

Skrtel's all round game has improved and now compares favourably with Agger. That never was the case.

Skrtel's all round game has improved and now compares favourably with Agger. That never was the case.

We'll have to agree to differ. As far as I'm concerned they have, as they always had, different strengths and weaknesses which didn't and don't add up to Agger being the better player. To me that view was always more a reflection of style than of substance.

Agger and Skrtel have a few similarities, but noone can advocate that their passing is of the same calibre judged on one (however it was a fucking majestic one) pass from Skrtel? They are both strong and good readers of the game, but they complement each other with Skrtel being the mercenary and Agger the sniper.

We'll have to agree to differ. As far as I'm concerned they have, as they always had, different strengths and weaknesses which didn't and don't add up to Agger being the better player. To me that view was always more a reflection of style than of substance.

I have no problem with us having different views. Agger for me is the better player but Skrtel has shown that he is the best partner for Agger. Their different styles compliment one another and works well.

Agger and Skrtel have a few similarities, but noone can advocate that their passing is of the same calibre judged on one (however it was a fucking majestic one) pass from Skrtel? They are both strong and good readers of the game, but they complement each other with Skrtel being the mercenary and Agger the sniper.

I'm not judging on one pass from Skrtel. I'm judging on what I've actually seen from them throughout their time with us. Agger is the more stylish mover with the ball, so an assumption gradually took shape that he was the better passer. It was never true. Agger's distribution has improved (along with some other aspects of his game), but in his early days he regularly carried the ball nicely out of defence only to pass it straight to a member of the opposition. Skrtel's passing was less ambitious but more reliable.

Skrtels pass was great but let's not get carried away he pelted it up field into 40yards of space.

When was the last time Agger thundered a shot into the net from outside the box?

Every time he starts moving into range the commentators get a touch giddy, I think this is going to be classic Agger, then he pelts it into the arse of a defender.

With regards to Skrtel. He's a hero.

Yeah, he's a bit like Roberto Carlos in that respect.

He's been dining out on the goal against West Ham for ages.

When was the last time Agger thundered a shot into the net from outside the box?

Every time he starts moving into range the commentators get a touch giddy, I think this is going to be classic Agger, then he pelts it into the arse of a defender.

With regards to Skrtel. He's a hero.
Tbf how many time does he get a chance to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom