• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Will we win the title?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Will we win the league?

• Yes

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 45.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got a great chance in a straight fight between us and City - I really think these two sides are streets ahead of the rest of the league regards spectacle AND quality.

Liverpool and City to post 90+ points. The rest nowhere.

I wish Mors and Pat would fuck off with their "I'm the only realist in the village" boring horseshit.

I wish Mors and Pat Mark would fuck off with their "I'm the only realist in the village" boring horseshit.

*Quietly unwrapping present*
‘This will be socks wont it, decent, but ya know.....socks’
Oh, it's a new playstation. Very fancy. Complete waste of time this gaming lark. Could have used some new socks really.

623FC547-7634-4D24-8FD3-306377F0908A.jpeg

‘clever....cleverrr’

I wish Mors and Pat Mark would fuck off with their "I'm the only realist in the village" boring horseshit.

We've a think squad comparative to other clubs.

That's going to be the decider in my mind,along with City maybe tiring.. and not being as motivated. Hard to keep these millionaire footballers hungry for success.

Hate to say it but I don't think we will. We finished 25 points behind last season and we won't make that up given that they are equally as strong, if not stronger.

We should finish above the rest though and we should be much closer. If we can make it a proper title race, I'd consider it a successful season. Alternatively, if we get a big fuck-off dose of luck, who knows...

I wish Mors and Pat would fuck off with their "I'm the only realist in the village" boring horseshit.

19 other people also voted no but ya Fuck us.

God forbid we have our own 'realistic' opinion on a football forum

We're on the same amount of points.

There is literally no difference to cut in half.

I'm not suggesting for a second that City will suddenly slump & end up finishing outside the top 4, that'd be daft, but I think it's equally daft to do what almost everyone else is & assume that they'll repeat last season & get a hundred points again.

we finished 25 points behind them last season. If we finish 12 points behind them that would be success. We are still a few players short and probably always will be when competing with city. Palace next week is a big test.

we finished 25 points behind them last season. If we finish 12 points behind them that would be success. We are still a few players short and probably always will be when competing with city. Palace next week is a big test.

Yes but we woz robbed of twelve points and they were granted 3 extra... and we went to the CL final... that cost us league points... and we had loooooads of injuries....

and now we are stronger...

We got a shot.

What is this? A few players short? We worked hard last season to catch up with them and we did. Thats why I went to Rome in the CL semis instead of a handful plasticflag dickheads. We were the better team and gave them a hell of a beating. Since then we have strengthen the team with a New goalie, Naby Keita and a few others. We are clearly better than them. Wouldn't swap our team or manager with them at all.

I said yes, partly because the question doesn't specify that it has to be this season.

We're only a couple of injuries away from disaster so it is a big ask, but everything went City's way last season so it's not unreasonable to expect that even if they have improved, luck of some variety will make them catchable this season..

We should definitely be making a better challenge. But I just can't us being more consistent than city. I think 2nd place would be an achievement.

2nd is the favourite but I don't think it would be 'an achievement'. It's the minimum expectation when you look at our trajectory and current squad.

We should be looking to win it, and we should be hoping that City have more than one eye on the CL.

2nd is the favourite but I don't think it would be 'an achievement'. It's the minimum expectation when you look at our trajectory and current squad.

We should be looking to win it, and we should be hoping that City have more than one eye on the CL.

Ok, “achievement” was a bad choice of words. Yes, we should definitely be trying to win it, but I think City are always going to be more consistent. Better as our squad is, I can still see is dropping stupid points against the Swanseas and the Bournemouths. I honestly think 2nd place is more realistic. Of course that’s just the pessimist in me.

Yeah 2nd is more likely, we've got a decent chance, but only if City stop being so goddam fucking consistent

Either way, I’m loving the look of the new squad, and I’m genuinely looking forward to us challenging this season.

Has anyone been consistently consistent at any point over the last decade? . It's difficult not to have a drop in form across one season but almost impossible to do it over 2 seasons. I'm sure someone will tell me when a team won back to back titles

We think of City last season blowing everybody away but Man City managed quite a few very late, skin of the teeth wins last season- Southampton home and away, home at West Ham, one of the Huddersfield games and there were others- Utd away? On the other side of the coin we threw away points in a number of games last season, usually in draws that should have been wins. We need them to have a little bit less luck, and for us to have a bit more of it.

Last edited:
Has anyone been consistently consistent at any point over the last decade? . It's difficult not to have a drop in form across one season but almost impossible to do it over 2 seasons. I'm sure someone will tell me when a team won back to back titles
Utd. That was about a decade ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom